I Won't See You Tonight

Panic

On the way to lunch, there was a big fight. I was walking with Val, and we seen the guys. Cam was taking on a big group, and doing quite well. The other guys were standing to the side, ready and willing to jump in if things went the other way.

"Oh, thank God!" Val said as she seen Matt, silently observing what was happening before him. We walked over to them and she grabbed him in a tight hug.

From the looks of things, Matt could be doing just as well as Cam in a fight, but from the look that Val was giving him, he never would. They gazed into each others eyes and he gave her a sweet kiss.

At that point, I looked away. The moment was too personal for me to share. I looked back at the fight. Cam was still besting the others.

"Cameron Rackham!" A voice yelled and people began to scatter, it was the principal. Anyone involved, would get into some sort of trouble.

Cam and the others didn't seem to notice, and kept beating the crap out of each other. I was in awe, how could Cam be doing so well on his own, against so many others?

"Break it up! Break it up!" the principal yelled. He and some of the male teachers began separating Cam and the others.

"My office, now!" he yelled, red-faced, and marched the boys away.

"Everyone back to class." The teachers began ushering the students.

All of a sudden it was a mob of people going in every which way. I hadn't realized that there were so many people watching the fight. And now they were everywhere. I tried hard to breathe, to look for a familiar face-

Someone grabbed my arm. I tried to pull back, but the hand grasped tighter. They looked back. It was Zacky, smiling at me. I'm not sure if I have ever felt so relieved. When we were out of the crowd's way he let go and turned back to talk to me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. And thanks."

"What for?"

"For getting me out of there. I was having a panic attack, there were people everywhere!"

"Panic attack?"

"I can't be crowded. I don't know why, I just freak out, I can't remember how to breathe. It's how I've always been. I think my mom might have said something happened to me when I was little but I don't remember."

"Oh, but you're okay now?"

"Yes! Thanks to you!" I said and did something that I wouldn't have if it wasn't post-panic attack. I hugged Zacky.

"Thank you so much." I smiled and let go. I played with my hair and looked away to hide the blush.

"We should get to lunch now." I said and started to walk.

"It's this way Emelyne." Zacky laughed.

"Oh," I said and turned around.

When we got to the lunch table, everyone was buzzing about Cam's fight.

"He's definitely gonna get expelled now." Michelle stated.

"But did you see him?!' Brian said, still excited. Michelle just laughed and rolled her eyes.

"He took down like fifteen guys!" Zacky added in, also hyped up from the fight.

"It wasn't that many was it?" A voice said. We looked over and sure enough, Cam was standing there, tall and proud.

"Holy hell man! Did you get suspended?" Johnny asked.

"No."

"Detention?" Jimmy tried.

"Nope."

"Saturday School?" Matt asked.

"No."

"Did you get anything?" Zacky asked.

"Yep."

"What?" Johnny asked, finally done guessing.

"Expelled." He said, still grinning. Everyone else was silent.

"Dude, you got expelled?" Zacky broke the silence.

"Yeah."

"So you won't be going here anymore?" Jimmy asked, looking a little sad. Cam simply shook his head, and sat down next to Johnny.

"Your parents are going to be pissed." Matt announced.

"They'll get over it." Cam shrugged it off.

"You sure? That's what, the fifth fight this year?" Matt asked.

"And you got expelled for it." Val added.

"Guys it's not that bad."

"If you say so, man." Matt said, and the table got quiet once again. A couple minutes later random conversations started up, and everyone was happy.

"Oh hey Emelyne, I forgot to ask you in third. What's your story?" Matt asked from across the table. It was bad enough I would have to lie to him, but now the whole group was looking at me, curiosity in each of their eyes.

"Uh...I..." I couldn't breathe. My heart began to race. Memories filled my head. Images of what happened....

"Em, are you okay?"

Shit.