I Won't See You Tonight

Emmy?

Matt and Val broke the silence that had fallen on us.

"Em, you made it." Matt smiled to me. My gaze left Zacky's face for a moment to smile back to Matt.

"Of course."

"Already meeting everybody?" He asked, looking around the small circle, giving Gena a odd look.

What had she done to get almost everyone here to act so strangely around her?

"Yeah."

"We just have to introduce her to Brent." Zacky said, breaking eye contact with Gena.

"Alright let's get that over with then." Matt said and our little group walked over to where Brent was standing.

"Hey Brent, this is Emelyne. Emelyne this is Brent, Brian's brother."

"Hello." He said with a nod of his head.

"Hi." I said lightly.

"Well you're a shy one." He said and I shrugged.

"So now that Em has met everyone, what are we going to do tonight?" Matt asked. I had a feeling 'Em' was going to be my permanent nickname from him.

No one answered him immediately.

"Movie?" Zacky asked with a shrug. Matt shook his head.

"Booze Cruise?" Cam suggested. Matt smiled but still shook his head, no.

"New tattoos?" Cam tried again, still earning a no from Matt.

"Hot tub party?" Jimmy asked.

"I don't think so."

"Well, we're at a beach..." I said.

"True, but no one had the right attire, and since younger siblings are here..." Matt trailed off, looking at Tessa, who just rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Then maybe we should meet back here in a few when we are." Zacky suggested.

"I can't go back home, they won't let me out again." Tessa said, her smile vanishing.

"I have one that you could use." I offered. She was a little smaller than me, but the one I still had from last year should work.

"Okay," her face lit up again.

"So it's agreed?"

"Yeah, let's all meet back here in like fifteen minutes." Matt said, and we all started going our separate ways.

Zacky, Tessa, and I headed toward my house.

"Zackster," Tessa smiled and latched her arms around Zacky's and mine. "Emmy. I have this wondrous feeling."

'Emmy?'

"And what is that, Tess?" Zacky asked with a smile.

"Tonight is going to be awesome. I can just feel it." She was beaming by now.

"I think so too." Zacky agreed.

I thought that when Tessa and I were alone things would get awkward. Oh how wrong I was.
"They do this to me all the time." Tessa complained while sitting on my bed, watching me go through my dresser in search of the two bathing suits I have to my name.

"Just because I'm the youngest," She continued, "and I'm Jimmy's sister, they have to be all guarded with the things they do. They're so over-protective."

"But it must be sort of nice, having them around to watch your back, and caring so much about you to do it."

"Yeah, most of the time I do appreciate it. Just sometimes it gets annoying."

"Like tonight?"

"Oh no. Tonight I'm happy they do that. Especially for your sake."

"What do you mean?"

"Sweetie, what do you think they would've done if I wasn't there?"

"They wouldn't go skinny dipping would they? I mean it's a public beach."

"You definitely have a lot to learn about them then."

"But with some of them being couples, the guys would get all jealous and stuff and not want the others to look at their girls, right?"

"Maybe, maybe not. They could've just stripped down to their undergarments."

"I didn't think of that." I said as I opened a different droor and continued my search.

"But, really, what difference is a bikini compared to a bra and panties?" She asked and I shrugged.

"It's just more acceptable. I mean, how much more does a bathing suit cover that a bra and panties don't?"

"I've never really thought of that." I said as I tossed to her the object of my search.

"Bathing suits are just acceptable versions of a bra and panties" She mumbled as she took a look at the bikini I had lended her. It was teal and white striped. It had strings that went around the neck.

"But this is cute." She said as she began undressing. This girl just wasn't shy at all.
I shook my head and began dressing into mine. It was very similar to my old one, but it still had its subtle differences. Mine was maroon and White striped. The inch wide fabric tied around my neck and also had fabric that tied around my back, and there were tie-able strings on the sides of the bottoms.

I grabbed my Misfit's shirt and pulled it over my bathing suit, along with the only pair of shorts that I own. I am most definitely a jeans kind of gal.

Tessa had pulled on her jeans and put her brown locks up in a pony tail.

"Mind if I leave this here?" She asked, indicating to her shirt and undergarments.

"Sure, we have to come back here and change anyway." I said and we headed out the door.

Zacky was waiting on my porch steps wearing a Metallica shirt and plain black swim trunks.

"Hey Zackster."

"You could've came in." I said as the three of us began walking back to the beach.

"I didn't to rush you ladies." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"So, tell me stories." I said after about a block of silence.

Zack and Tessa took turns with random things that the group had done, or individuals acting crazy. Zacky was in the middle of telling about Jimmy scaring everybody, including Zacky himself, by running up at them and yelling, when we finally made it to the beach.

Jimmy, Matt, Val, and Gena were already there.

Gena and Val were sitting next to each other on the sand, they looked like they were having a serious conversation. It was obvious what it was about.

Gena looked at Zacky when we showed up. She looked depressed. He didn't even look at her. He walked straight up to Matt and Jimmy. Tessa and I followed.

"Hey sis." Jimmy greeted her with a half smile.

"Hey Jims." She greeted him, with the same half smile. There was a sadness between them that I hadn't noticed before.

"We need to talk." He stated. She nodded and they walked away from us.

"Did they kick him out?" Zacky asked Matt. They were both watching the siblings talk.

"I think they're about to. I mean, just look at him, he's getting worse."

"Yeah. I wish there was somethin we could do."

"I know, man. He just won't listen. He has to learn somehow." Matt said. Zacky simply nodded in reply.

"What's going on?" I didn't want to be nosy, but the curiosity was killing me.

"Jimmy is an addict." Zacky stated without looking away from them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tessa's swimsuit Except in teal not blue.
Emelyne's swimsuit.