I'm Feeling Like I'm Lost, Like I'll Never Be Found

2

2

I walked really far. I didn't know where I was going. All I knew was that wherever I was going, I was away from my family.
I walked down to the train station. I wasn't going on the train, just hanging out down there.
There were these guys. They were just fooling around on the train tracks. It was funny to watch. They all were just trying to piss people off. I walked over to them, figured that maybe I could hang with them.
"Hey, what chya guys doing?"
"The usual, fooling around, and trying to make the adults come and yell at us." Said one guy, maybe a year older than me.
"Sounds like fun, can I join you?"
"That depends, do you like adults?"
"Hell no!"
"And did you run away from home?"
I paused for a second and said, "Yea."
"Alright your in! I'm Jacoby. And these are the guys, Jerry, Tobin, and Dave."
As he said their names, he pointed each of them out.
"I'm Rachel."
"So, why'd you run away?" Jacoby asked as he flicked off people in a passing train.
"Parents didn't trust me, no one cared about me, they didn't let me do my own things, all bad memories."
"You ran away today didn't you?"
"Psh, psh, no…" I said casually.
"Your clothes aren't ripped up, and worn inside out like ours, also your clothes are not, street like, you know, you look clean."
"And you don't have one tattoo." Added Jerry.
"Yea ok," I said, "I ran away today, but I definitely don't plan on going back there."
"None of us plan on that. Now, they're probably going to send cops out to find you for the next few days, weeks, months, or even years." Said Jacoby.
"Ok, so what do we do?"
"Well, we need to change the way you look, and we need to get something that shows your dead, that way they think your dead, and won't send cops anymore."
"How the fuck are we going to make them think I'm dead."
Jacoby smiled at me and said, "Wow, not all girls I know say fuck. I'm starting to like this girl!"
We all laughed at his remark.
"Anyway, all the plans made, are made by Tobin. He is the smartest out of all of us, and was the one that told us we needed to trick the cops in the first place."
"Alright, I'll make up a plan Jacoby." Said Tobin.
"Ok, we have got to get you out of the clothes." Jacoby paused and then said quickly, "Oh, and we won't watch."
I rolled my eyes as a joke.
"Yea, ok!"

In about 15 minutes we left the train station. Dave told me that we were going to the place where we slept.
It was under this big bridge. Next to the water, there was about a forty foot piece of cement on each side. The bridge was wide, so everyone had plenty of room.
For a sleeping place, this was quite nice.
On the cement, there was clothes, a bucket, and several old boxes that were full of something.
"Ah, home sweet home." Sighed Jacoby.
He walked over to one of the bigger boxes and pulled out some clothes. He handed them to me.
"Sorry, all we have is clothes for, well guys like us."
"Oh, its alright."
I took the clothes from Jacoby's hands.
"You could change here, we'll go around the side of the bridge."
I nodded in agreement. When the guys left I changed my shorts, into black pants, with a long jean chain.

I took the shirt. It was a gray undershirt for a guy. I put it on. It fit quite nicely actually. It was long though, so I found some rusty scissors on top of a box and cut about two and a quarter inches off the bottom.
I had my etnies on. Black with a plaid red E on the side. I saved up for them a few months ago. My mom didn't approve of the shoes, or the fact that I skateboard, but she just had to deal with that.
I called the guys back.
As soon as they walked in, their eyes practically came out of their head.
"What?" I said with a small smile.
Jacoby shook his head a little and said, "Nothing. Now we just need to cut your hair."
"Um, ok…" I didn't feel really comfortable about it, but soon I thought that if it was what I had to do to keep my parents away from me, then let it be.
Jacoby grabbed the scissors and cut off a lot of my hair. It was really short.
He took some hair gel that was in a really old bottle, and spiked my hair a little.
"There." He said as he finished.
He stood in front of me and just looked at me. I studied him for a little bit. He was cute.
He quickly cleared his throat and stepped back.
"They shouldn't be able to find you now. You look nothing like your old self."
"Yea you look better!" yelled Jerry from the other side of the bridge.
"Thanks." I yelled back.

We walked up to the street. We went to this hot dog cart to steal some food. I distracted the vender, and the rest of the guys got the hot dogs.
It went well, the vender was a complete idiot, he didn't even realize that we stole over a dozen hot dogs.
We walked back under the bridge to eat. We all pretty much stayed there for the rest of the night. Telling each other about our lives, why we ran away. We played games, told jokes. It was fun.
It got dark quick.
They all got up to get blankets to sleep on.
"Here, you can use my sheet." Said Jacoby.
"Aw thanks, but you don't have anything to sleep on."
"It's alright, I'll manage."
I stretched the blanket out on the floor.
"This is big enough for both of us. Here you sleep on one side, and I'll sleep on the other."
"Really, it's ok."
"No, you sleep here. I don't mind."
He smiled at me and said, "Thanks."