These Lives Of Ours.

I know hwo we can get you back with Pete.

“So are we just going to stand in the doorway all night?” I laughed and let him enter my room. He looked around, obviously impressed that we had been able to buy all this is just one day. “I know I’m spoiled. Shut it.” He smirked and set down his backpack. “Just can’t live without me can you?” I blushed and my smile fell. He was right; I was scared to be without him. “Aww Chip I’m sorry.” I perked up again, hiding my fear and my sadness. “Naw forget it. I’m good.” He shot me a confused glance as I popped a DVD into my (new) DVD player.

“So this is our entertainment for this evening?” He asked, sitting down on my bed. “Actually yes it is. You have anything better planned.” He gave me a playful smirk but shook his head. “Good then we’re watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.”

There was silence for a few minutes. Just us, curled up on my bed, watching the movie and not even thinking of any of the bad stuff in our lives. “I thought you didn’t love me.” Ryan whispered, just barley audible. “I lied. I love you. I just didn’t think we could handle anything more.” He laughed and I didn’t see why. “So just when the biggest piece of stress comes you decide now’s the time?” I laughed too, realizing how stupid that sounds. “I don’t want to loose you.” “You’ll never loose me.”

We fell asleep just like that.

~~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~

I woke up with this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I knew Ryan had to go home today. I knew I’d be by myself all day, and all night. I was on my own for good now. There was no chance to be back with Pete. But…I could always help Ryan get back to Pete.

“Ryan…Ryan wake up!” I rolled my eyes and placed a passionate kiss on his lips. This seemed to do the trick. “Look, I know how to get the proof so you can go back to Pete.” He looked puzzled and I rolled my eyes again, letting out an extremely annoyed sigh. “If we set up a secret tape somewhere in the house, we can catch it if…” Ryan interrupted me. “When.” “If it happens again Ryan.” He smiled and we both padded downstairs, ready to set our plan in action as soon as we were to get a camera.

“Good morning you two. Sleep well.” Brendon giggled at his own private joke and I just rolled my eyes. “Yeah, we had hot passionate sex. Ryan’s good. When he…” Brendon placed his hands over his ears and starting singing to drown me out. I just laughed and so did Ryan. There was one upside to living here. I get to annoy Brendon all day every day.

“What’s to eat?” I called out, hoping we’d have food. “Cereals to eat.” I pulled out a box of lucky charms and poured two bowls. “Come on…” Ryan followed me back up to my room. No way was I eating in the kitchen.

“So…where are we going…to get a camera?” Ryan asked between bites. “Ye of little faith.” I shook my head and pulled out the camera that had been bought yesterday. I swear the Urie family had more money then I care to think about. They probably earn more money in a month then I’ve spent in my entire life.

“We place it in the living room and voila. A fool proof plan.” He smirked and I just smiled. It was going to kill seeing Ryan beat up again but it had to be done. We had to prove his father was abusive so he could go live with Pete again. “Do you think Pete will still want me back?” He asked, blushing a little at his own foolish comment. “We could call him and find out. I doubt my parents are going to barge in and say I can’t talk to him.” He smiled and I dialled Pete’s number.

“Hello?” “Hey Pete, it’s Chip and Ryan again.” He sighed with relief. “Good, are you two ok?” I nodded and then realized he couldn’t see me. “Yeah we’re fine.” I blushed and Ryan laughed at me quietly. “We have a way to prove Ryan’s dad is abusive. Will you still adopt him back?” “Of course I will! But what about you?” I bit my lip and Ryan started to look concerned. “I was…moved to a foster home. I’m not sure why.” He sighed again, this time it wasn’t out of relief. “Well…ok. I’d be glad to have Ryan back with me. I hope you’re happy with your new family. May I speak to Ryan? “Yeah sure.” I handed over the sidekick and Ryan started talking and answering questions.

“He said he’d adopt me, and that when the police ask who I want to stay with just to tell them him. This should all work out.” He didn’t look happy. “What’s wrong? You should be happy!” “I am. I just don’t want to go back without you. It won’t be the same.” I knew exactly how he felt. “Don’t worry. I’ll be ok, and I’ll be right here, whenever we want to see each other.” He nodded and looked away, but I swear I could see tears forming in his eyes.