These Lives Of Ours.

The new house

**Chapter 18**

I hung up the phone and stared at Brendon, Jon, and Spencer all asleep on the couch, pretty much sleeping one on top of another. We were all pretty tired from recording and everything. Whether you believe it or not, it really takes a lot out of you. “Guys…I’m going to me room.” I decided to tell them, in case they were awake. “I’m coming.” Brendon wriggled out from underneath everyone and followed me upstairs. He had been staying in my room for the last little while. (On the sofa you perverts.)

“Who was on the phone?” He asked, still sounding half asleep. “Chip, she just called to say hi.” “WHAT?” Suddenly he was very awake. “SHE CALLED AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME?” I shrunk back a little and nodded. Brendon just sighed in an annoyed way and stomped up the rest of the stairs. “Sorry Bren. I didn’t know it meant that much to you.” “She’s my sister now! I want to make sure she’s ok.” I nodded and pulled out my sidekick, hoping she’d still be awake.

“Here.” I tossed it at Brendon, the text still on the screen. “See she’s fine.” He smiled and started texting back, probably telling Chip what a looser I was for not waking him.

----------------------------

I looked down at my vibrating sidekick. I had a text from Ryan telling me that Brendon was paranoid and that I needed to talk to him. I just rolled my eyes and logged into AIM. Waiting for Brendon to respond.

((Brenybear has logged in at 10:58:36))

ChipitTheEmoVampire: Hey Bren
Brenybear: Hey Chip, how’s Detroit?
ChipitTheEmoVampire: That depends. Personally I’m dying too get back but at the same time it is kind of interesting.
ChipitTheEmoVampire: How’s the record coming?
Brenybear: It’s coming -_______-
ChipitTheEmoVampire: Aww…tough is it?
Brenybear: Just slightly.
Brenybear: Lol
Brenybear: Ryan misses you.
ChipitTheEmoVampire: And I miss him too. Tough cookies though.
Brenybear: Tough cookies? Nice one.
ChipitTheEmoVampire: JJ
Brenybear: I’m not supposed to tell you this butt…
ChipitTheEmoVampire: WHAT?

((Brenybear has logged out at 11:10:28))

Damn him! I’ll get him back for this. Truly I will. I’ll…I’ll…tell everyone he still sleeps with his lucky blanket from when he was four. But…blackmail will have to wait till tomorrow. I’m really…really…tired.

-------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning, sunlight pouring through the windows, and Brendon strumming some random song on my guitar. “Finally you’re up!” He threw the pick at me and it landed right in my already tangled hair. “Gee thanks Breny boy.” He scowled and got up from the table he was sitting at.

“When are you showing Chip that song?” I glared at Brendon and shoved the lyrics under my bed. I wrote this really corny song about/for Chip but I never intended for her to see it. “I’m not showing it too her Brendon! It sucks.” “I’ve read it. It’s awesome. I’ll show her if you don’t.” I sighed in defeat and threw the guitar pick (which I had now just gotten out of my hair) and threw it back at Brendon. “I’ll play it for her when she gets back.” “Good!” He smiled triumphantly as we walked into the studio. The guys were already waiting for us.

-------------------------------------

“What about this place girls?” Mom, Andie, and I stared up at the house in front of us. The realtor was inside; making sure everything was in its proper arrangement. “It’s alright I guess.” It was just that, all right. It was a plain brick house with Black trims and shutters. It probably looked better on the inside.

“So this would be you’re room Chip.” I peered into the large space, completely empty but still amazing looking. The walls were painted black and there were white musical notes all over the place. I even recognized a bit of “Basket case” in one of the staffs. “I like it.” I smiled and started to mentally decorate it with all of our furniture. “I think we’ll take it then.” Mom left to go discuss the arrangements, leaving Andie and I to explore.

“Hey Chip…are you and Ryan…uhm…” I stared at Andie. What was she trying to say? “Are we what?” I eyed her suspiciously and opened the door to her new room. “Are you together?” She asked rather quickly. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to face her. “Why?” She looked rather intimidated and stepped back a little. “I was just wondering, I mean he is really cute, and such a nice guy.” I smiled and eased up a little. We were twins. It’s normal for us to like the same things, guys, and such. “Yeah, he’s perfect. Sorry little sis but he’s also mine.” She giggled and rolled her eyes. “We’re twins, I’m not younger.” I smiled and stood up proudly. “I’m 5 seconds older!” She laughed and shoved me into the closet. “Haha Chip has to come out of the cloooseeettt!!” I sat down and shook my head. “Says who?” “Say me!” Mom walked into the room and pulled my up. “We do have to head back to the hotel girls.” I nodded and we both followed her back out the door. At least for a while I had forgotten about leaving Ryan. For a little while I had relaxed and had some fun.