These Lives Of Ours.

I don't want to talk about it

**Chapter 19**

“RYAN!” I bounded into Pete’s house, happy to be back from our “holidays.” I was completely surprised to find four (maybe five?) guys passed out on the living room floor. One of them just happened to be Ryan. “Mmm…” I watch as he attempted to roll over, however that was kind of hard as he was at the bottom of the dog pile. “Yeah?” He gave up and opened his eyes. “CHIP!” However now that he’d seen me he didn’t have any trouble throwing the others off him.

“Hello to you too!” I smiled and handed him a small wrapped box. “You got me a present?” He laughed tearing open the box and finding the (small) gift I had purchased at the stationary store near our new house. “It’s awesome!” He opened the book and flipped through the pages. It was a black cloth bound book with the words “Lyrics” handwritten on the front in red. The inside was simply white lined paper with musical notes going all around the edges. “It’s nothing. I just thought it would be useful. Now you won’t loose so many songs.” He smiled and mauled me with a huge hug.

“Kay Ryan…I love you too but…” But he was cutting off my air. “Oh sorry. HEY GUYS GET UP!” He kicked someone in the pile and soon everyone was awake and trying to get up. It was actually a really funny site. “CHIP!” I laughed but was stopped short as yet another person mauled me with a hug. “Bren…stop!” However he’s easier to push off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So how’s the record coming guys?” “It’s coming all right. I think we only have…what…two more songs to record?” I smiled but it kind of made me sad to think I had missed the whole thing. “That’s cool. Which ones?” Ryan opened his old lyric book and flipped through. “Uh…Sins and Lying.” I smiled again. At least I’d get to see the record Lying. “Are you working on it today?” “Is this an interview?” I threw a grape at Spencer and he started pouting. “Oh grow up. Yeah we’re recording.” Jon smacked him over the head and we all had to pretend we WEREN’T laughing at him.

“Morning guys.” Pete walked into the kitchen, already dressed, showered, and eyelinered. I probably shouldn’t be saying this (shh don’t tell) but he did look rather attractive. “You guys ready?” The boys sighed and dragged themselves into the studio. I have a feeling these long days have been taking their toll.

“So what’s happening?” Pete asked as the guy set up their equipment. “Nothing really. We found a new house, it’s nice I guess.” “Well look at it this way, you’ll get to meat a whole bunch of new friends and you can come back here to visit all the time.” I smiled, never thinking of it that way. “Thanks Pete.” He smiled back and turned to the studio area where the guys were ready.

((A/N: Ok, the ghost track is the track that the entire band plays first, just to lay down what the songs going to sound like. After that everyone does their parts on their own, playing along with the ghost track. At the very end everyone’s separate tracks are mixed together and the ghost track is deleted. Why am I telling you this? So I can write the recording scene without you going… “What the hell is she talking about.))

They ran through the entire song together for the ghost track and then it was Brendon’s turn first to record the vocals. The other three came out to stand with Pete and I. “Hey Chip, I’ve got something to show you.” Ryan whispered, trying not to interrupt Pete who was messing with dials and such. “Ok…where and when?” He smirked and grabbed my hand. “My room and right now.” My stomach did a flip. I wasn’t sure what he was talking about but you can’t blame a girl for being a little nervous.

-----------------------------

I dragged Chip upstairs where I had my acoustic guitar and the lyrics/music to the song already spread out. I was doing what Brendon said and showing Chip the song I wrote about her. The facts are changed just slightly but the meaning is still the same. ((A/N: Sorry for another one of these but this song (as all the Panic! fans know) is not a Panic! song. It’s a Faber Drive song called When I’m With You. But I wanted to use it for this. And seeing as it wasn’t written for this song…things like the amount of time aren’t going to be accurate.))

I picked up my guitar and glanced down at the music and lyrics I had written. Admittedly, they were a work in progress, but I didn’t want Brendon ruining the surprised, so it was now or never. “You ready?” I tried to bide some time but Chip just smiled and nodded. “Alright…” I took and deep breath and started to play.

-----------------------------

“Saw you walk into the room, thought I’d try to talk to you. Babe am I ever glad you wanted me too, it’s been two years to the day, half the time I’ve been away. I know I’m not there enough but that’s gonna change.”

I sat and listen to the entire song. It was really good and it honestly made me want to cry. I didn’t want to leave, I thought I could handle it but Ryan isn’t making it easy. “When I’m with you, I make every second count cuz I miss you, whenever you’re not around when I kiss you, I still get butterflies years from now…” I smiled and blinked away a few tears as the song ended.

“Did you like it?” He looked rather embarrassed and I really wished he wasn’t so self-conscious. “Ryan…that was by far the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.” He smiled and pulled me into his arms. “Thank you.” I mumbled, letting a few tears fall. “When do you have to leave?” He whispered. “Moving trucks are coming tomorrow. We’ll be gone in about three days.” He nodded and we both sat in silence, totally forgetting about the recording.

“Ryan! Dude. You’re needed downstairs!!” Brendon barged in and waited for Ryan to leave before coming and sitting by me. “What do you want Brendon?” I asked, pulling my knees up to my chest. “I just wanted to make sure you were all right.” “I’m fine.” I snapped getting up and walking down to the studio. Because no, I didn’t want to talk about it.