These Lives Of Ours.

We're going where?

Ryan and I quietly walked up to the back door of the concert hall. You could already hear the music from the opening band pumping through the walls. It was exhilarating to think that soon, we’d be inside, standing only feet away from Fall Out Boy, even if we were sneaking in…which was wrong.

“Be very quiet and follow me.” I almost shot him a snotty response. Like “What do you think I’m going to do. Make a scene and then walk away?” Instead, I just kept my mouth shut and followed behind Ryan as we weaved through the halls. “We’re just about…” Ryan was cut off. A security guard grabbed us and stopped us just short of the concert. I could actually see the stage from here.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He growled, definitely scaring the both of us half to death. “Uh…well…we.” I stopped and watched Pete Fucking Wentz walk up to the security guard. Was he going to defend us? Or kick us out and have us arrested.

-------------------------------------------------

“Who are they?” I watched my idol walk up to us and the security guy. “They were trying to sneak into the concert. I’m calling the cops!” The police? They’ll send my right back to my parents! And what about Chip? Where are they going to send her?

I watched silently as Pete looked from our bags, to us, to the security guy, and then back to our bags again. “Don’t do anything. Don’t call the cops. Leave them in the dressing room and I’ll deal with it after the show.” “But…” “No buts. Just do what I’m telling you!” The guy grumbled and shoved us into the room, quiet roughly, but it was better then being sent to the cops.

---------------------------------------------------

I was so relieve that Pete had come along. The police would have sent Ryan right back to his father, and that would have made things ten times worse. I’m not even sure I want to think about what they’d do to me. Foster home? Juvenile detention centre? It’s all too horrible to think about. So I shoved it out of my mind for the time being.

“Uhm…wow?” I asked/stated. I was dumbstruck and totally scared of what was going to happen when Pete came back. “Yeah I know. What are we gonna say to him?” I thought for a moment, and decided on the best possible thing. “Whatever he wants us to say I guess.”

Ryan and I waited for over two hours before we finally heard Pete’s voice on the other side of the door. “Yeah I’ll meet you all tomorrow.” He mumbled before walking into the room, ready to do…whatever he was going to do to us.

“Ok kids. What’s with the bags?” That wasn’t the question either of us expected. “Well?” I looked at Ryan and he shrugged, and then nodded. I guess we were stuck explaining our pasts and ourselves. I doubt Pete’s going to care but…he asked right?

By then end of our stories Pete looked dumbstruck. “So neither of you have anywhere to go?” We both shook our head sadly. “Well…come on then.” He got up but we just stayed sitting on the couch. “Are you coming?” Ryan and I exchanged glances before following Pete out to his limo.

“Where are we going?” I asked stupidly. “Back to my place. I can’t let the two of you sleep on the streets now can I?” It may have been weird but I don’t think Ryan and I cared. We were just happy to be off the streets and hanging out with (not sure about Ryan but…) my idol. “Sounds good.” “Right behind ya!” We hopped into and soon were on our way to Pete Wentz’s house.