Just To Get Back In Your Arms

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I remember the first day we met.
She was actually dating Bert McCraken. What the fuck right? Ha. It was on the Taste of Chaos tour. We were friends with The Used then. Bert came into our bus one day and Lacey was with him. As soon as I saw her I was speechless. Literally.

"Hey guys!" Bert shouted entering our bus. We were all watching Bridge of Terabithia.

"Hey man, whats up." Ray hugged Bert. I was still looking at the screen until I heard him say, "this is my girlfriend Lacey Jacobs."

"Hi" Ray, Bob and Mikey all chimed in. "Nice to meet you." Gerard said hugging her.

I looked up and just stared. Everyone looked at me because I was the last to say hello.
I stood up, my legs feeling like jello. "hi" I squeaked. I cleared my throat.
" Hi, I'm Frank" I shook her hand.
The guys all laughed. "Hi Frank..nice to meet you." she said and smiled.

I felt like a nervous 16 year old boy again. I don't know what it was, but she had some magical spell over me.
After they left, Gerard questioned me why I looked pale as a ghost.

"Did I?" I didn't think I did, I mean I felt nervous, but I did'nt think I looked like it.

"Yeah man, you looked like all the blood rushed out of your face and down to your feet." Gerard chuckled.

"I don't know man. She just..she is beautiful."

"That she is...why the fuck is she with Bert?!"

"I was thinking the same thing." We laughed.
..........................................................................

The next day I was outside the bus having a smoke with Gerard. All the bands buses were parked close to each other in a big lot. We heard screaming. I looked at Gerard. It sounds like Bert yelling. It's hard to make out what he was saying.

"It was just a fucking kiss Lacey. The girl was a fan! Get over it. I'm famous now and shit like this is gonna happen. Girls want me, I mean I'm in.. a band, the lead singer, I'm attractive and they love my voice. Come on, they want me. The girl was just being a loyal fan." Bert shouted.

"But you stop them before they kiss you. You are with me, not them. Just because you are famous, things shouldn't change between us." Lacey shouted back, her voice breaking. A tear ran down her cheek.

"Gahh you are so fucking annoying sometimes you know that?" Bert said frustrated.

"What? Bert why are you doing this? Ok, you know what? Fine. We're done. I can't do this anymore." Lacey said feeling her blood boil.

"What? No, we are not done, you can't just dump me. Every girl wants me!" Bert sarcastically boasted.

"Well, this girl doesn't"

Bert suddenly punched Lacey in the eye. Gerard and I heard a loud scream from behind our bus. I thought about going over there when I heard the shouts, but decided not to get into their business. Once I heard her scream, I didn't have a choice. I threw my cigarette down and stepped on it quickly. Gerard looked at me in a panic. I ran over there, Gerard following.

Bert had Lacey by the hair and was actually hitting her in the stomach. Lacey looked limp.

"What the fuck? You son of a bitch!" I ran over there and just as Bert turned to me, his face met my fist. I hit him once, twice...then I lost count. Next thing I knew I was straddling him and my knuckles were bloody. I heard Gerard shouting "Frank stop it, your gonna kill him! Some one help us!! Please!"

Bob, Mikey and Ray ran up to us. Bob pulled me off Bert. Ray helped Bert up. I was still swinging. "Calm down Frank, you kicked his ass and then some. Now stop." Bob said firmly.

"I'll kill you, you mother fucker! How dare you lay a hand on her!" I felt out of control. I have never felt this way before.

"Are you okay?" Gerard asked Lacey. She lay barely conscious in his arms.

"I think...I think so..I" Lacey quickly leaned over and coughed up blood. "We have to get her to a doctor" Gerard said nervously.
Mikey held Lacey's hair back while she still spit blood onto the pavement.

"He needs a doctor too." Ray announced holding Bert up. Bert was so out of it, you would think he was drunk.

I looked around, blood on my knuckles, my lip, my eye. My knee already had dried blood on it. I looked like I just walked off our Life on the Murder Scene photo shoot. Mikey ran to get the doctor that was there with The Taste of Chaos tour.

I don't remember much after that. The rest is pretty much a blur.
................................................................................................

Good thing we already had the shower water running down our faces. This thought always upset me and as a tear rolled out of the corner of my eye, Lacey looked up at me.

"Are you okay baby? You seemed lost in thought." she looked at me with those big green eyes.
" I was..but I'm back now. Right were I belong." I kissed here and held her tighter.