We'll Laugh As We Die

One Chance

We were dancing. Swaying to the music, dressed to properly meet the dress requirements of the concert hall. The spot light was on us. People watched with great amazement as we spun in cirlces gracefully. The orchestra played with love and harmony.

I looked into her eyes feeling so proud and so loved. She smiled back at me with that beautiful smile of hers as our feet glided across the floor. In my black tuxedo and my black hair slicked back to show my green eyes, I danced with her. She took my hand and we danced until everyone in the hall was gone.

She leaned in to me and kissed me. Her lips soft and warm. I kissed her back feeling binded to her. Her blue eyes turning golden.
She whispered softly into my ear. "I love you"

I snapped up into awareness. I felt something was wrong and took some steps back from her. Running toward the balcony ,I flung the doors open and reached the ledge. She stood in the concert hall laughing at me. Her black hair in long tight curls draped over her shoulders. Turning back to look at her I noticed her raise her arm up and motioned with one finger to come back to her. I shook my head no and turned back around to look over the ledge. It was high. Thunder and lightning cracked into the sky. Rain starting coming down heavily and drenched my tux. My once slicked back hair now hanging down over my ears past my chin. I turned back around and she was standing right next to me.

"You should of listened to me. You should of believed me, NOT your friends. Now you must pay." She had overwhelming strength and started to lean me over the side.

"Please, I'm so sorry. You're right, I should of listened. I should of trusted you. I was foolish. Please, please forgive me." begging for her mercy.

"I'm sorry baby, it's too late." She grabbed me with one hand and lifted me up off the ground. Raising me high above her, I looked down to see I was far from the ground below me. Tears rolled down my cheeks mixed within the rain. I felt my heart starting to race faster.

"Please, please you don't have to do this. My band saves lives..and you are going to kill me off? They need me. You need me. I know you do. You need me."

She stopped and looked up at me. Staring at me for a moment and then throwing me back towards the concert hall. I flew across the floor and heard a crunch on my landing. My leg broke on impact. I screamed out in pain as more tears trickled down my face and blood seeped through my pant leg. She marched over to me and picked me up with one hand bringing me to my feet.

"You're right. I do need you. You have no idea why...why you are so important. So I will tell you." she turned and pointed to a chair that was off to the side of the dance floor. She pointed the chair next to us. The chair flew across the room and landed next to me and she forced me to sit down. I yelled out in more pain. My leg was throbbing. My black hair dangling in my face, wet and tangled. She leaned down to me and gently tucked my hair behind my ears so I could see her better.

I have looked for you for centuries. Finally, you are found." she stood up and walked around me, "You are a stubborn one. I thought I could persuade you easily but I failed." turning back towards me and within an instant was in my face. Almost nose to nose. "So I guess things have to be done the hard way."

"No, no they don't. I will do whatever you want. Please, just don't hurt my friends and I."

She threw her head back and laughed as if I told her the funniest joke she has ever heard.

"I swear. I am not joking..please just give me another chance."

She stopped laughing and looked into my eyes. "Okay, one more chance, if you fail to listen, things will be done my way. Understood?"

"Yes. I understand."

"Good, now about that leg." she grabbed my leg with both hands and snapped my leg back into place.
I screamed out from the agonizing pain. "Noooo... stop!"
.................................................................................................................

I sat up quickly, realizing I was drenched in sweat and had soaked the sheets. When I came up I hit my head on the bunk above me.

"Ouch. My head.." I rubbed the top of my head gently. The same spot that was split open two nights ago had been hit again. I touched the spot and sure enough the wound had opened again as I looked at the blood on my finger tips.

I have to meet up with Kimmy again. She is trying to tell me something and will have the answers. I just know it. That, or I'm going completely crazy.