We'll Laugh As We Die

Drawing Reality

Our next show was in Virginia. We arrived there about 4am. The bus pulled into the parking lot. I sat at the kitchen table staring out of the window.

Hey what are you doing up?" Gerard was always up at crazy hours. He could never sleep and he would stay up drawing or writing.

"I had a bad dream, hit my head, and now its bleeding again." I said frustrated.

"Oh sorry to hear that. Thats sucks. You okay?"

"Yeah I think so. I just can't stop thinking about Kimmy."

What?" he laughed at me, "are you serious? Why? I mean she is beautiful, but there is something off about that chick."

Maybe, but I want to get to know her better."

Well, good luck with that. We probrably will never see her again, unless she is following our tour or something." he said with a smirk.

I looked at him, sure that his statement was true.

His smirk slowly faded from his face. "You really think she is following our tour? Wow. What I want to know is how she got past security, that freaks me out a little. How are we protected if anyone can get past them? I mean really." Gerard shook his head in disgust.

"I'm not sure."

'I love you' echoed in my head. I could not stop thinking about her.
I got up and walked over to the fridge, opened it and grabbed a Monster energy drink off the top shelf. It was too early to be awake, but since I could not sleep anyway, this drink would wake me up enough to function. Noticing Gerard sitting on the couch sketching something, I walked over and sat down next to him to see what he has created this time.

As I glanced down I noticed he was drawing a ballroom with two dancers in the middle of the dance floor and no one else. My jaw dropped for what I was seeing. He kept tracing over her black tight curls of hair. I suddenly felt myself become flush and dropped my drink to the floor. Gerard and I both jumped up.

"Whoa, watch my sketch book dude."

"Sorry man, I didn't mean to. It's just your drawing..it caught me off guard. You are drawing what I just dreamt about. The dancers and the girl with the black hair. The male dancer was me. I swear." I stopped from the lump forming in my throat.

"Oh yeah? So what is missing in this picture that I might draw next?" He held the picture up for me to get a better look.

"Glass door right there, that leads out to a balcony. And some tables and chairs over there.." I pointed to the spot in the drawing.

Gerard dropped his pencil that was in his right hand.
"Ummm, okay..now I am believing you, because that is exactly what I had in my head and was about to draw."

I grabbed some paper towels and started wiping up the floor where the drink splattered all over. Gerard grabbed a few paper towels as well and helped me clean up. As I wiped the floor and gathered the paper towels in a ball I noticed it was bright red.

"Ahhh!" I yelled and dropped the towels.

Gerard looked over at me. "What's wrong?"

"The paper towels. They are covered in blood."

Gerard leaned over and picked it up, he looked at it, then at me. "Dude, its brown..like the coffee drink. It's not blood. Are you okay? I'm really worried about you. You have not been yourself the last three days."

I snatched the wet towels up off the floor and threw them in the trash. "I'm okay. I think. I just need to rest."

I walked back to my bunk, turned back to look at Gerard. He stood there watching me, his facial expression showing concern and worry. I gave him a quick, small smile and turned back to head towards my bunk. I came to my bed and crawled back in under the covers.

Laying my head on the soft cold pillow I slowly drifted into a deep sleep.