Molly, Would You Turn Me On?

1/1

I woke up with a smile on my face. Today was the last day of tour, meaning I'd get to see my boyfriend soon.

I got up and jumped in the shower. After the shower, I blow-dried and straightened my hair. I got dressed and put on some eyeliner, and voila! I was ready to go out and about.

I worked nine to five at Starbucks everyday. It wasn't my dream job, but hey, it paid the bills. I knew Caleb was supposed to be in Dallas today, so I expected him to drop into Starbucks like he always did when tour stopped here or at Fort Worth.

The day went by and Caleb didn’t visit me. He didn’t call or text me either. In fact, I had received no contact with anyone who is involved with Forever the Sickest Kids. And it made me worried and pissed off. But mostly pissed off. I would’ve gotten a call from somewhere if anything happened to anyone.

After I got off my shift, I got into my car and leaned back against the seat. I closed my eyes in disappointment. Just last night I had told Caleb how much I missed him. Did that mean anything to him?

When I opened my eyes, I noticed the edge of something sticking out from the sun visor. I pulled it out and saw that it was a picture of Caleb and me on one of our first dates, in the park. I smiled and flipped it over. ”Go here. ♥ Caleb” it read.

I figured ‘why not?’ so I drove to the park. I wandered around for a bit, before I found another picture of Caleb and me taped to a tree. This time, however, we were at my favorite restaurant. I pulled the picture off the tree and flipped it over. The back read, ”Time for some dinner! Meet me here! ♥ Caleb”

I drove to the restaurant and pulled into the parking lot. I went inside and asked the hostess if there was a table for two reserved. “Under the name Turman. He’s probably already here,” I told her.

“Are you Molly?” she asked.

I nodded.

“There’s no table reserved, but he told me to give you this,” she said, handing me another picture. I thanked her and took it. It was of him with the Dallas Skyline behind him, which meant it was taken at the Reunion Tower, my favorite place to go in Dallas. The back of the card read ”The view isn’t as amazing without you by my side. ♥ Caleb”

I drove there, wondering how and when this wild goose chase would end. Surprise, surprise, when I got to the top floor of the Reunion Tower, I found another picture, taped to the side of the elevator. It was of Caleb and me in our apartment, or more specifically, the back of Caleb’s and my heads. We were watching something on TV and Caleb had his arm wrapped around me. I was leaning against his shoulder. The back read ”Hey, can you check the mail? Thanks. ♥ Caleb”

I drove to our apartment and pulled our mailbox key out of my purse. I unlocked the mailbox and pulled out a bunch of bills, random junkmail and a package, addressed to me, from Caleb. I used the key to slice the package open. Inside was a ticket to the Dallas Forever the Sickest Kids show tonight and a VIP pass. I smiled, getting the hint.

I checked the time on my phone. FTSK wouldn’t go on for another hour. I decided they could wait and I needed to eat before dealing with teenage girls.

I got myself a sub and a soda from Subway. By the time I finished, I had a half an hour left to get to the venue. The drive took 20 minutes, leaving me ten minutes to get my ticket checked and meet Caleb.

When I got my ticket checked, I showed the guy my VIP pass. He told me where to go to end up backstage. I got there with five minutes before FTSK went on.

“Oh God, I thought you wouldn’t make it,” Caleb said, hugging me.

“I was giving you the cold shoulder to get you back for not visiting me at Starbucks earlier. What was that for?”

He smiled and pecked me on the lips. “Time to go on. Sorry.”

I smiled and rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Have fun.” I grabbed him and gave him another kiss. “Now go.” I said, releasing him.

The set was amazing. Everyone had about ten times the amount of energy the usually have, and if you’ve ever seen them live, you’d know they’re pretty energetic in the first place.

“Right, we’re doing something different for the last song.” Caleb said after Woah-oh. “You guys like All Time Low?”

Cheers went up from the crowd.

“Okay, good. Well, my girlfriend is backstage and she loves All Time Low. Her favorite song is Holly (Would You Turn Me On?) and since her name is Molly, well, you can guess how we altered the lyrics.”

“How about if we let Caleb sing lead for this song?” Jonathan asked the crowd. A huge cheer went up. “Alright, these people have spoken. Someone get me a guitar.”

Caleb took off his guitar and handed it to Jonathan, then took center stage. “This is weird,” he said, laughing, “I’ve never been in center stage before. Alright, Molly, this one’s for you.”

Jonathan started off the song by singing “When you gonna give it up?
You're giving me such a rush
Come on, Molly
Would you turn me on?”


Caleb repeated that and then sang “You are
The taste of something sweet
And I'm tangled in the sheets”


Austin then sang “Oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh”

Caleb resumed, “You left your mark
Dragged down my back
So chain me up
I'm in too deep”


Austin sang “Oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh” again.

Jonathan then came in with ”Too much of you is never enough.”

Caleb sang the chorus, and Jonathan sang back up
”When you gonna give it up?
You're giving me such a rush
Come on, Molly
Would you turn me on?
Just another pretty face
But I want one more taste
Come on, Molly
Would you turn me on?”


Caleb sang the next verse, with Austin doing the “oh, oh, oh, ohs”.
”Just one fix
To keep me in the mix
And I'm still strung out on you
Drove all night
I'm a deer in your headlights
What's left of me, you'll swallow soon”


Jonathan chimed in again with ”Too much of you is never enough”

Then it was back to the chorus, with Caleb singing and Jonathan on backup.
”So when you gonna give it up?
You're giving me such a rush
Come on, Molly
Would you turn me on?
Just another pretty face
But I want one more taste
Come on, Molly
Would you turn me on?”


Caleb then sang the bridge, ”You took what you wanted
You got it
You know when I'm haunted
By everything
That you gave me
You made me, you broke me, you saved me
I'm crazy, but I'm not done”

He looked over at me when he sang “you saved me,” and winked.

Caleb continued singing ”So when you gonna give it up?
You're giving me such a rush
Come on, Molly
Would you turn me on?”


Jonathan came in, this time singing ”Molly, would you turn me on?”

Caleb resumed the chorus, “Just another pretty face
But I want one more taste
Come on, Molly
Would you turn me on?”


Caleb repeated the chorus while Jonathan sang the bridge in the background

When you gonna give it up?
You took what you wanted
You're giving me such a rush
You got it
Come on, Molly
You know when I'm haunted
Would you turn me on?
By everything
Just another pretty face
That you gave me
But I want one more taste
You made me, you broke me, you saved me
Come on, Molly
I'm crazy, but I'm not done
Would you turn me on?


My smile was insanely big by the end of the song, but Caleb wasn’t done.

“Molly, could you come out here for a second?” He asked me, looking over at me.

I couldn’t. I was too shy. They knew this. Jonathan, being the closest, noticed my hesitance and came backstage. “Molly. Don’t look at them. Look at Caleb. Forget that they’re there. Hell, you can barely see them, sometimes I forget they’re there!” He looked so honest I had to laugh.

“You do not forget they’re there, you liar,” I said, hitting him in the arm.

“Well, maybe not, but it made you laugh!”

I sighed. “True. Okay fine, I’ll go out there.”

He smiled and I walked out on stage, my eyes only on Caleb.

He embraced me and when I let go, he said into the microphone, “This is my girlfriend, Molly.”

A cheer rose up from the crowd, making me blush.

Caleb took my hands (or hand, as one of his was still occupied with the mic) and looked me in the eyes. “I was going to do this before the show, but you had to be stubborn.”

I laughed, feeling a little guilty.

“Oh, and you guys might want to record this and put it on youtube later,” he said turning to face the audience.

He turned back to me. “Okay, Molly,” he said, taking a deep breath. You know that I love you, and you know that I’m in love with you. And I know that you love me too, because you moved from Philadelphia to Dallas for me. I just have one question for you,” he said kneeling down.

My eyes widened. I could guess what was happening next.

“Shit, I can’t hold the microphone and do this too,” he muttered.

Everyone laughed. Jonathan came over and held the mic up so that Caleb could pull a box out of his pocket. “Molly Katherine Flynn, will you marry me?”

The crowd was dead silent. Everyone was waiting to hear my answer.

I held out my right hand for the mic and Jonathan gave it to me. “You had the ring in your pocket while you played the show? What if you lost it?” I asked, incredulously.

Caleb looked nervous for a second before I smiled. “But that’s why I love you. Yes, Caleb, I’ll marry you.”

He let out a sigh of relief before sliding the ring onto my finger. He stood up and I gave the mic to Jonathan so I could give him a passionate kiss.

“Now that, folks, is true love,” Jonathan, always the wise ass, said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ja, Molly, I know you like Jasey Rae better, but you got Holly (Would You Turn Me On) AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT.

oh, and I googled the info about you I put in here, and I couldn't find you, so I don't think a creeper can either.

COMMENT? :D