Status: Chapter 11 Coming soon!

You Got Me Going Crazy

Advice from the Music Man

Izzy’s POV

I couldn’t stop thinking about what Lisa had said. I knew for a fact that the guy that I had met was Joe Jonas. There was no doubt in my mind. But I was seriously wondering why the Jonas Brothers would be hanging around San Fransisco instead of New Jersey or L.A.

OK,what to do, what to do, I thought. I couldn’t sit there and wallow in my thoughts all day.

Luckily, my phone saved me from that. The device vibrated in my lap and the name Joe flashed on the screen. I was apprehensive about looking at it now that I knew that Joe was no longer just Joe. It seemed rude to not answer so I pushed my concerns aside and read it.

Hey there Izzy. Enjoying Bob Marley?

A reference to yesterday. I guessed that that meant that it meant something to him, too. I hit reply and typed my own message.

Of course. Listened to it four times in a row.

Message sent appeared on the screen and Iwaited. Another message appeared. After that, the texts just got more consistant.

Wow. 4 times?

Shut up. Hey Joe. Can I ask you something?

Sure

Are you from around here or visiting?

Visiting

Then what brought you to San Fransisco?

Family thing. Why?

Wondering.

Whatever. Look, I have to go now. Talk to you later?

Sure. Bye

With that, I closed my phone and was about to wallow in my thoughts, but the yellow record sleeve caught my eye and gave me an idea.
_________________________________

"Ah, Miss Izzy. It's only been a day and you're already back for more music? Did you get tired of Exodus already?"

I laughed. It was only my second time being in Duval's and seeing Damien and I was already warming to him and the place. "No, but I was hoping that I could ask you something."

"Fire away," he said as he leaned over the counter.

"Have you ever gotten to know someone as one person, but then later figured out that they are someone else?"

"Are you talking about that boy that you left here with yesterday?" I had never had a stranger be this interested in what I had to say since, well, the day before when I was hanging out with Joe. I nodded.

"Well, to answer your first question, yes, I have had that happen to me," he said. "I hung out with the singer of Counting Crows for two years before I realized that he was in a famous band. If they don't go around talking about how famous they are or what their next album is going to be about, then it shouldn't matter if they are any different than you originally thought that they were."

That made sense. I was pretty sure that I'd be getting to know Damien a little more. "Thanks. That really helps."

"Wait," he said right before I turned around. "I can't have you leave without getting something. How about some Nirvana?" Damien disappeared behind the counter and came up a few seconds later with what looked like an unopened copy of Nirvana's first album, Bleach.

I smiled. "Damien, how is it that I only met you yesterday and you can already read my mind?" I reached into my purse to look for my wallet and grabbed my phone instead right as it started to ring. The front screen said Emma.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this chapter a while ago, thought it sucked, couldn't think of any way to make it better, went to work for almost a week straight, saw a guy that gave me an idea of how to rock this chapter, came here, and wrote it. So there you go.
And for those who don't understand, bold means Joe's texts, italicized means thoughts, and bold and italicized means Izzy's texts.