Worth The Wait

What am I suppose to do…

“Wow, that was crazy fast.” I said in amusement.

I was trying to look like nothing happened, trying to act innocent and everything. I really hoped it was nothing cause I didn’t want to miss school, especially because I want to spend time with Jaimee. I guess in a way it’s all I wanted to do at school; I want to see Jaimee, I want to talk to her and stay around.

Seconds later after my name was announced on the intercom, Daniels name was called.
“Daniel Blades is also wanted in the office.”

I looked behind me to glance at Daniel and he lifted his shoulders in the motion to tell me he didn’t know what’s actually going on. I was hoping to just act like nothing happened, but then the words came out from out teacher, “So, boys, are you going there or you’re going to hang around and wait to be dragged there?”

“Come on Daniel, grab your bag and let’s head there.” I told him as I grabbed my bag and stared at him.

He got up and grabbed his bag right after me and I led the way out of the room. The teacher just looked at us like we always do junk like this when this was the first time that something happened. The second I got out the door I waited by the side for Daniel to come out. The first thing that came out of my mouth when he finally did, “So, you think we got caught?”

“I doubt in a way. I’m sure no one there knew us or I don’t know.” He said in a sort of Assurant way.

“I don’t know either.” I said.

“Well, let’s see what happens.” He said.

We started walking we took our time because the office was all the way at the other side from where we were. Somewhere located in the J building. It wasn’t so silent while we were talking, we’d talk every now and then and say simple things. I didn’t really want to talk, but I did because we were close. I just couldn’t get it off my mind, the fact that we both might get suspended before I noticed we were already one building away from the J building. I sort of was in a rush to get this over with.

“Let’s hurry a bit Daniel?” I said.

“What’s the rush, man?” He said calmly.

“I just want to get through with this.” I said a bit irritated.

“Wowowewa.” He tried to lighten the mood when he said that.

After that, I stopped talking and I turned in to the J building doors away from the office. None of talked before we entered so I turned the knob of the door and sat down waiting for one of the aids to attend to us. It took a while, but someone came in and asked why we were there. My response, “They called us in.”

They told us to follow her into the counselors’ door. As the door swung open slowly I saw someone there sitting, as in a student. A girl, I couldn’t see it was hard because she was facing in a different I direction.

“Please join us and sit down.” The counselor said.

We took our seats and I noticed the girl it was Toni. I opened my mouth to say so, but Daniel was the first to say something. “Why, hello Toni.”

I looked at Daniel and said, “You guys know each other?”

“Yeah, we have met before.” He responded in a weird tone.

“Toni here wanted you guys to know something, don’t you Toni.” The counselor said.

“Yeah, I heard a threat on Jaimee, because of a fight earlier. All I heard was ‘That new girl better make sure those two boys can watch her as good as they watch each other.’ And I saw the fight from a distant.” She explained.

I was speechless I didn’t know what to say I felt bad. I knew it was my fault. Just minutes or seconds before the fight I was with Jaimee and Toni talking. Hat was I suppose to do though? Leave Daniel and watched him get kicked around.

“You boys aren’t going to get suspended, but you have to think what you’ve done. You fought and disregarded the rules in campus and now instead of either of you two paying the punishment, it’s your friend Jaimee. I don’t know how to get her out of this if either you two nor Toni know the people.” The counselor said.

We discussed this for the rest of the period, what really rang in my head was, “It was my fault. She shouldn’t be in this mess, but she is and it’s all because I fought.” It made me feel horrible. The fact that I knew I liked her and this is happening and also because she’s new to school and she’s going to be having a harder time than she’s supposed to be.

“Just so I know they just know her as the new girl and the person I’m with I’ll just have to avoid her in a way, which would mean this might cause her to be upset or disappointed in me or something, maybe even mad now.” I thought to myself.

My mind was made up; I had to avoid her, just to help her.

We were released from the counselors’ room and I was more in thought than ever. The period was over and I knew for sure I was seeing Jaimee and I know she would say something to me.

It came up to add on my thoughts, “What am I suppose to do…”
♠ ♠ ♠
tired...D:
Have to get ready for school as well.