Worth The Wait

Flashback

“… Like uh, well I don’t know. Just needed to know about you two?” I couldn’t come up with anything better. It was nerve wrecking to say what I want to say.

“Oh, okay, well can I be honest with you?” Her voice straightened as she cleared her throat it seemed more soft now.

“Of course you can, it’s not like I’m going to kill you.” I gave a devilish look to just joke around with her.

“Really?” She said making sure.

“Yeah, try me.” I responded more mature.

“Okay,” she smiled and continued, “I know you’ve been through this before and probably worst than what I think, but I like you.” Her face seemed flush with a lovely pink swirl and her lips curled and made a very cute and shy face as she finished saying it.

“I like you.” It rang in my head, but not Jaimee’s some other voice.

“Forever and ever?” a vague voice telling me and another voice much like mine, “If you make it possible.” I get a clear picture it was her, my Ex. Also me, but very faint picture of who I was. I didn’t seem happy.

“You always say that. Why can’t you say ‘yes’?” She said angrily.

“Cause, we’re always fighting I can’t promise you something when you always constantly try to make us fight and you’re trying to make me promise something when I know you might use it against me in another fight. If you want to end this, then go give me the word.” I seemed calmed about it, but I remember how sad I was in the inside. I know I didn’t want her to know how much it’d hurt me if she was planning to toy with my feelings.

“No… I wouldn’t want that. I really do love youu.” She said.

After a while the picture faded another one came up. Somewhere familiar and I don’t really remember. I saw myself at the park walking around, like I used to always do with my free time between our fights.

I saw her, she was there and I remember now. I watched as I saw myself watching her with another guy, her ex before she dated me. They were kissing and having fun. I turned around and walked the other way. Going straight home, to wait for her call.

It came and I picked up. I couldn’t here what was happening through the phone it was faded. I knew exactly by memory what had happened. I asked her about her ex and how he was in town for Christmas and how she said she was just going to ‘show’ him around. She didn’t seem to confess about it. I asked how long he’s been here and she said for almost three months and that’s when we had a lot of fighting going on.

Then I finally heard, “What took you long to call?” it was like a happy calm voice. Then an okay and a bye came right after.

Then another setting popped up and this I knew. Just another two days after seeing them together. I saw them at the park again and him kissing her. I watched myself move up to them.

“Hello Darlean.” I caught her off guard and they stopped kissing and hugging. “So, he’s your ex?” I chuckled as I finished.

She tried to lie her way out of this it was a bit hurtful. I didn’t break it off no not at all it was an oath I bound to keep. I went home. I think of myself of being stupid not to.

She called right away. I guess I didn’t want to talk to her I didn’t see myself pick up the phone, but then I did after a while and I started crying? “Ha-ha,” I laughed at myself as I watched it. It was funny when I remembered it. She broke it off herself after I found out.
I remember her saying something like, “I don’t want to hurt you.” Total bullshit.

I’m stuck here as the ghost of what we used to be.

“Haha, you’re shocked or something? I’m sorry, maybe it’s the wrong time?” Jaimee said. It brought me back.

“OH, I’M SORRY!” I said loud and with a sad guilty face. “I had a flash back.” I added.

“Oh, I’ve never had that.” She said it was like she didn’t believe me.

“I’m sorry,” I said. I don’t know what to say about her liking me. Remembering what just happened with that flash back…I don’t know what to do. No, I really don’t.

“About you liking me, I think it’s cute.” I smiled.

“You know, I feel…” A beep came out of nowhere. It was Jaimee’s mom. She rolled down her window and said, “What happened to you Jaimee, why are you late, are you okay?” The entire typical questions you’d imagine. She took Jaimee in the car and Jaimee’s mom said she had an appointment she had to go for both Jaimee and herself. I told her it’s okay and that I could walk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuse the chapter. Just wanted to finish.