I Just Love Happy Endings!

1/1

“Hello?” I held my phone to my ear, dialing the numbers on my locker lock.

“Becks! You have to come to the mall with me today, please!” I grinned. It was my friend, Alice. I popped open my locker, stashed my books, and shut it.

“Sure, but is there any particular reason why we’re going?”

“Need there be a reason for me to demand my best friend come with me to the mall on her birthday?” I rolled my eyes and laughed.

“Alright, alright, I’m coming.” I hung up the phone, and began walking towards the front of the school, near the theatre building where she would be.

When I saw her, I laughed. She was wearing a party hat. I walked over to her, laughing. She laughed along, and then gave me an outrageous tiara that said, “Birthday Girl” on it in bright pink lettering.

“I love it!” I sang, and she laughed. “Come on now, choir child, let’s get going!”

“Alright, alright.” We walked to her car, getting in. She began driving towards the mall.

“So, how’s your first day of being 19 going?” She asked, turning on some music. I began bobbing my head to the music, and then started singing along.

“Hey, singer extraordinaire! I asked you a question!” She said, thwacking me on the arm.

“Sorry,” I said. “It’s going good. Haven’t seen Kevin yet, but it’s all good.” We laughed. I had the biggest crush on Kevin Jonas, and everyone knew it, especially Alice. We were probably the most Jonas obsessed girls at our school.

“Well, we do live in L.A. You never know, you might just see him at the mall!” I laughed again, biting back the little tiny seed of hope.

“Hey! Look at these new shoes my mom got me!” I said, putting my foot on her dashboard.

They were a pair of plain white Converse, but she had splattered paint on them, in different colors.

“Ooh! Those are super cool!” She squealed. We continued driving, and I kept singing. “Ya know, Becks, you really should get a record deal.” I rolled my eyes. “Come on, Alice. I’m not that good.” She scoffed. “Please. You are.” This was an argument we had had several times. She INSISTED that I was good enough.

We pulled up to the mall, the conversation ending. “Come on now, let’s go!” She got out of the car. I looked around. The parking lot was a lot more crowded than usual. I shrugged, following Alice into the mall.

When we walked in, there were a BUNCH of girls running around, screaming. “What’s going on?!” Alice exclaimed, looking around. I hid behind her, peeking out from behind her shoulder. One girl ran up to us.

“Have you seen them!?!?” She asked, hysterical. We shook our heads. She ran off, screaming.

“These girls are crazy!” I said, stepping next to her. She nodded. “Um, come on, let’s go this way-” She began walking towards a store, when she tripped. I ran over to her, to see if she was okay, and I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Hiding behind a potted fern were three boys.

Not just any boys.

THE JONAS BROTHERS.

I nearly freaked out, but then realized it was because people started screaming that they were hiding in the first place. Alice was frozen, her eyes wide.

“Shh! Please!” Joe whispered, and we nodded in unison. She stood up, quickly dusting herself off, and she looked around to see if any of the crazies had noticed.

“If you wait here for a few minutes with Becky, we can get you outta here.” They nodded, and before I realized what was happening, she had left me.

Alone.

With the Jonas Brothers.

I sat down on the bench in front of the fern, trying to look normal, and not hyperventilate.

“So, um, why are you guys here?” I said, trying to make conversation. It wasn’t til later that I realized to anyone else, it looked like I was talking to a fern.

“Well, we were gonna pick up a few things, but then this happened, and…” My heart nearly exploded when Kevin’s voice came from behind the fern.

“Ah.” I said, nodding. Alice came back, holding a few items. She dashed behind the fern, giving the boys things. They stood up, looking different, disguised. “Perfect!” She exclaimed.

“Now to get you out of here. No one will look at you if you’re with us. So, Kevin, pretend to be with Becky, and Nick, you come with me, and Joe, stay in the middle.”

We hadn’t met these boys but 10 minutes ago and already Alice was treating them like our closest friends. Of course, all of this was forgotten when Kevin draped his arm around me, and then holding my hand. My heart quickened and I could feel my face heating up.

“You know, red hair was always the prettiest to me,” Kevin said, smiling. I looked up at him. “Really?” I said, unbelieving. He nodded.

“Mhm, and I’m not just saying that because of this. But come on, those girls are looking at us like we’re something to eat.” He hurried me out of the mall, following Alice and Nick. Alice looked awfully comfortable under Nick’s arm. We went to her car, and as soon as we got in, the boys rejoiced. I was sitting in the backseat, between Kevin and Joe. Kevin still hadn’t let go of my hand.

I didn’t mind, of course.

Alice began driving. “Where to, boys?” They thought for a moment. “Somewhere quiet, where no one can bother us.” She thought. “I know just the place!” She turned around, (illegally, I’m sure) and began driving down a familiar road. I tried remembering where I had seen this before, but got distracted when Kevin leaned down and whispered in my ear.

“Do you know where we’re going?” He asked. It took me a second to collect my thoughts, because the sound of his voice and the feel of it in my ear made me lose all thought. “I think I do, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.” He smiled. “I like your tiara, by the way.” He said, running his fingers over the pink feathers. I smiled, and blushed, my face matching my red hair. He chuckled.

“Pretty girl, why do you blush?” He sang softly in my ear.

“Because, handsome boy, of you,” I sang back. He looked surprised.

“That was amazing!” He said. I looked up at him, confused.

“Your voice, it’s beautiful! How come you’re not famous?” I blushed deeper, looking down.

“Told you, Becks.” Alice said, from the front seat. She laughed when I looked up at her, turning to Nick. “I’ve been trying to tell her that for the past 5 years, and your brother gets into her thick head in less than 5 minutes. Miracle,” she said, shaking her head. She pulled into the parking lot of the place we were headed, and turned the car off.

“We’re here!” She sang, getting out. I looked out the window, and groaned. She had dragged me to a recording studio, one her aunt owned.

“Come on, Becks, please? It’s my birthday gift from me to you, letting you in here for free. You could become famous off of this!” She pleaded, putting her hands together and pouting.

Two could play at the pouting game.

I sat in the car, shaking my head. Kevin smirked. “Come on now,” he unbuckled my seatbelt. “Get up, birthday girl.” He reached in, and picked me up, pulling me out of the car. I squealed.

“Kevin! Put me down!” I said, laughing.

“Nope!” He said, following Alice into the studio. He didn’t put me down until I was in the recording booth.

“Stay.” He ordered, and Alice handed me my notebook full of songs.

“Where did you-”

“I got it from your house. Now sing.” She said, walking back and sitting down in a chair in front of the control board. I sighed. Might as well do what she says. I opened my mouth, and began singing.

((3 months later))

I signed the final CD, took the last picture, waved goodbye to the final fan, and then sighed, flopping into a chair.

“Having fun, superstar?” Alice asked, walking into the room.

“I’m so tired! And it’s all your fault!” I said, and she laughed.

“Hush.” She walked all the way in, followed by Kevin, Nick and Joe.

“Boys!” I cheered, jumping up. I ran up to them, and gave them a bear hug each.

“I thought you were gone on tour!” I said, looking at them incredulously. Kevin grinned, and my heart went crazy.

“We couldn’t miss this!” He said, laughing.

“More like Alice wouldn’t let us miss this.” Nick cracked, and she thwacked his arm.

“Come on you two, there’s something I need to show you.” She said, tugging on Nick and Joe’s arms. She looked back at me, and mouthed, “DO IT NOW” before walking out of the room with the last two Jonas brothers.

“Kevin there’s-”

“Becky, I have to-” We laughed, and then I motioned to him.

“You go first.” He took a deep breath.

“Becky, there’s something I’ve got to say. I like you. A lot.”

It took a moment for his words to sink in, but then I threw my arms around him, holding him close.

“I like you too!” I said, in a little girl voice. He laughed, and picked up my chin with his fingers, and planted a sweet kiss on my lips. He broke away, and looked down at me.

“I’m quite old-fashioned. Becky, will you be my girlfriend?” I nodded enthusiastically.

“Yes! I will!” He grinned, and gave me another kiss.

We heard clapping from behind us, and we whirled around, still holding each other.

“I just love happy endings!” Alice said, standing there with Nick and Joe.

“Hey!” She said, ducking from the water bottle I tossed at her.

“Go away,” I growled, going back to kissing Kevin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had too much fun writing this.