My Aaron Romance

Hey There Delilah

^Amy's Pov^

"Hey, Aaron,"I say, going into the front room and sitting next to him.He looks better now-not as pale, with his hair washed and brushed.
"How's your hand?" he asks, taking my hand in his own. He peels away the bandages and examines the gash that's slowly turning into a scar. He traces a finger across it, making my skin tingle. He catchs me looking, and his eyes snap up to meet mine.
"What?"
"Nothing,"I say, shaking my head, as he starts to bandage me up again. "How're your arms?"
He shrugs up his sleeves and shows me his wrists. The pink scars snake like threads of a spider's web, consealing the veins.
"Matchs mine,"I manage to say. "I used to cut a lot.After Aaron died."
I sigh slightly and let my hair fall forward, hiding my face.
"Everyone's got someone," Aaron says. " Jorden and Christie. Scotty and Amber. Shaun and Pauly. Everyone except me."
"I know.Aaron....do you still hate me?"
" Hate you! I never hated you!Never, Amy, never. I was just angry, and I made a mistake, and me being me, I was too weak to take it back.I love you, Ames."
" Really?" I choke out. " You really do?"
" Of course I do. I never stopped," Aaron tells me. "Never, Ames."

^ Pauly's Pov^

" Awwww, Pauly, come here," Shaun whispers. He's hovering round the lounge door, and I peek over his shoulder. " Look! They're kissing-they've made up!"
Yes, Aaron and Amy have made up. It's cute. I'm happy for them.
" Sweet," Shaun says before walking away. I wish it was that easy.

I go up to my room, sit on my bed and dig out my guitar. I start playing the tune to Hey There Delilah, making up my own words as I go along.

'Hey There Delilah
On our way to New York City
It's dark and I can't see a thing,
But as always you look so pretty.
Yes you do
Lisbon lights could never shine as bright as you,
That's the truth.'

I love Delilah, I will admit. I have since those early practise days with the band, playing in my mom's basement. Delilah, good word for anybody, big violet eyes and long brown hair, hugs always free.

' Hey There Delilah,
I know this silence's getting hard,
But believe me, girl,
I love you more than this guitar.
I'll give it all away,
I'd give it all away for just one minute with you,
Whatever you do.'

I like Shaun, sure I do, but I never think I loved him. I loved him the same way I loved Em-nice while it was there, but nothing compaired to this. I'm even writing songs about her now, and I can't write.

' Hey There Delilah,
You know that I'm not good with words,
But believe me, Lila,
I want these one's heard.
I'll say it all,
Ignore and just watch me fall,
I mean it all.'

The door opens and Delilah comes in, just as I'm in mid sentance. She pauses.
" Sorry, Pauly....did you write that song?"
" I stole the tune and stuff from Plain White T's-"
" But you wrote the words?"
" I-yeah, I did."
" Can...can you play some for me?"
She sits down next to me and I carry on playing.

' All these miles seem pretty far,
But they've got planes and trains and cars,
But I would trek the furthest lengths just to see you again.
Our friends all say it'll never last, no way,
And we just shrug because we know,
None of them have ever felt this way.
Delilah I can promise you,
By the time this song is through,
I will never be the same,
You're too blame.
Hey there Delilah this songs for you,
And I love you.'

It's embarassing, and by the time I've finished, I'm blushing. I can't look at her.
"Pauly...that's amazing!"
" Really?"
"Yeah.I.....I love you too."