My Aaron Romance

Best Chance

^Amy's Pov^
^ Five years later-that makes Amy 21 and Aaron 26^

" Ag. I'm so tired,"I moan, yawning and running a hand through my hair. " Tilly had me up all night."
It is half-six and I am still in my pjamas, my hair still knotty and abused. I haven't had chance to get a shower or anything-Tilly's teething and she's always crying.
" Awww, poor Ames," Aaron says. " You need some sleep."
" I'm Okay," I say. " Really. Feel sorry for Tilly, she's the one in excrutinating pain."
Right on cue, Tilly starts crying.
" I'll get her," Aaron says. " Go and get a shower."
" Trying to tell me something, Aaron?"
" Now really, Mrs Gray, I thought I was being considerate."
So I get a shower and get changed and brush my hair. I go back downstairs, and find Aaron singing to Tilly, rocking her gently.Tilly looks exactly the same as her dad-pale skin, big green eyes and soft black hair. She is sleeping, finally.
"Awwww Aaron, how do you do it?" I whisper, putting her down gently in the crib in the corner.
" Magic powers."
" How was the interview?"
That's where Aaron's been, as since half-past five yesterday. He drove down to New York, stayed in some hotel, and had two interviews early today, before coming home.
" Okay. Same as usual, really."
"We're going round to Pauly and Delilah's on Sunday."
" Oh, are we?"
" Yeah. Delilah phoned before. We're all going."
Six months after Delilah and Pauly got together, all those years ago, they got engaged and then their daughter, Lana, was born on the day of their wedding. Four years later, Jorden and Christie had a son, Max, and then Scotty and Amber had a daughter called Amber too. Tilly was born, and then Shaun and Em had a son called Charlie. The band have been on hiatus for a year and a half.
" That should be good. It'll be sunny on Sunday.Cheer Tilly up a bit."
" And your mum phoned and we're going round to their's at seven."
" Thanks for telling me, Ames!We'd better get going soon."
Aaron goes to get changed, and I wake Tilly up, much to her annoyance.
" You can sleep on the way, baby," Aaron says as he puts her into her car seat. We get in, and drive off to Sarah and Alex's.
"How's my little granddaughter?" Sarah croons, scooping Tilly out of her seat. "She's looks tired, Aaron. Has she been sleeping properly?"
"She's teething,"I jump in.
" Poor sweetie. Come on, let me get you some of that gel-Shaun brought some for Charlie."
Shaun, Em and Charlie are here,and Sarah takes some of the teething gel for Tilly.
" There, go and play with Charlie," Sarah says, putting her down on the floor. " So how's the wedding planning going?"
I groan.
" The most stressful thing of my life!"
" Our lives," corrects Aaron. " How did you two manage?"
" We didn't have Charlie," Em says. " Weddings come before kids."
" We like to be different, "I shrug. " I've got to pick a dress and everything."
" And bridesmaid dresses!" Em adds. " Who're your bridesmaid's again?"
" You, Christie, Amber, Delilah, my sister-in-law Tash and her daughter Rosie and little Lana."
" No Tilly?"
" Too young,"I say. " Sarah will look after her."
" I can't believe you're getting married, " sighs Shaun. " I mean, our car broke down and we just knocked at your house by chance!"
" I know," grins Aaron, kissing the tip of my nose. " But it's the best chance I ever took."