Not Alone Tonight

Be so unaware

"Hey!" he yelled up at her, pulling her attention and eyes away from the flashing plane flying above their heads.

"Hello," she answered distractedly, her eyes wandering over his shaded figure. It was surrounded by three others, tall and masculine. She didn't know what to expect.

"What are you doing up there?" He asked, questioning why she would be on her roof well past midnight.

"I'm watching the sky." She said simply, returning her gaze up towards the stars. It was a cool night in early may, the sky was cloudless and the stars were shining bright overtop the small town. She pulled her purple sweater tighter around her body and rested her head on her knees. She eyed them again before she spoke again, "What are the four of you doing down there, walking a tiny dog?"

"We needed each other for protection." The shortest one of the group laughed. "Alex wanted some air. Jack suggested walking the dog. Zack said he'd come to protect Jack, Alex said he'd protect Zack, and I said I'd protect the dog."

"And that leaves me, all alone, over here, completely unprotected and exposed to harm." said another, sniffling dramatically. One side of her mouth turned up in a smile, the other pressed against her knee.

"I'm sure the dog will protect you!" The lankiest of them all yelled, leaning over and petting their dog affectionately. "You're so strong, aren't you? You can protect Alex from the big, bad strangers!" He cooed afterward.

"So, can I help you guys in any way?" she sighed, slightly amused by the boys, and slightly irritated that they had stirred up her peace.

"Well, can we join you? It's been awhile since we've met a fresh face." She couldn't tell who was speaking anymore, and her eyes were drooping closed. She stood.

"Not tonight." She said quietly and retreated back through her open window. It shut softly and the curtains fell closed around it before the boys could get a glimpse of her face.

"Well that was rude!" The lanky one scoffed and continued walking, the dog leading in front of him. Two of the boys followed along side him, while one hung back, staring at the window that had just shut.

"Alex, c'mon! I'm tired!" the short boy whined, turning around and stomping his foot. 'Alex', the boy who had hung back, glanced over and then glanced back at the window.

"We didn't even get her name," he mused, and then he jogged back over to his friends to continue the walk back to his home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So i have this idea. It's actually ALL mapped out, I have the storyline written out on a piece of blue construction paper. :)
This is the first chapter, and I wanted people's opinion on it. If people would read it or not.
So, if you would, please comment and subscribe! :)
It may be awhile before another chapter is posted, but I GUARANTEE that there will be one.

Title credit - Everything That Makes Me Sick - The Almost