Catching the Perfect Wave

The Worst Summer Ever

Summer. A time usually devoted to friends, pools, vacations and boyfriends. I happened to have all of those and I planned to have the greatest summer yet. I could already imagion my friends and I riding our bikes down Lane Road to the ice cream store on the corner and eating until we get brain freezes. Or we'd hang out by the pool and get tans, always telling each other that we'd eventually become brunt. Or, I could spend my days with my boyfriend, Jonathan. We'd go to the movies or go to dinner or kiss in my basement. The perfect summer all planned out.

Until that is, my mother informed me that we'd be spending our whole summer in a California beach house. Theperfect worst summer all planned out.

Which brings me to the present time, where I am currently standing outside our beach house, cell phone in one hand and one of my hany suitcases in the other, glaring at the house. It was a hot day, low 90's, and there were already tons of people on the beaches, enjoying their summer while I dispise my own.

"Oh, Cassandra, stop moping around and get inside!" my annoyed mother said, walking up the stairs. I had been whining and complaining the whole way there so it wasn't a surprise that they wanted to drown me by now.

I took a deep, dramatic sigh before heading up the stairs, dragging my suitcase up behind me. I finally got into the house, which had the main color theme of yellow and pink, and tossed my suitcase on my bed, which was stiff and smelled funny.

I pulled out my cell phone and texted Jonathan to tell him that I had arrived at this hellhole. I waited for ten minutes for him to reply before tossing my phone on the bed and giving up. I figured since this was a beach, that I might as well go out and tan or something. I pulled on my swimsuit and grabbed my iPod before heading out into the blazing California sun.

I found a spot somewhere in the mess of people, and layed down my towel to tan. I turned on my iPod and hit shuffle before closing my eyes and letting the music fill though my ears.

I must have been on the beach for twenty minutes or so because before I knew it, my mother was yelling for me to come inside. I rolled my eyes, seeing as she was the one who'd tell me to go out there because we were at a beach, but grabbed my stuff before heading back up the stairs.

"This is going to be the worst summer ever," I muttered to myself before closing the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story, yay! Tell me whatcha think! Please?!