Just A Sick Muse

All Over You

I figured it was about time that I got another job, even if it was only part-time. I was starting to have a bit of trouble paying my rent. Lucky for me an acquaintance that I’d met while performing a while back told me about a place where I could be a live mannequin in a store window. It seemed right up my alley and paid alright for being a fairly easy job. The hard part being standing fairly still for a whole shift, also being told not to laugh. I got the job easily when I told them I was a street performer, so I was starting on Monday and working only three to five hours a day, three times a week to start out. They had told me if I wanted more hours they could give them to me, but they wanted to see how I liked it first. I was happy to know that I’d be having some extra cash flowing in on a regular basis, as apposed to the unpredictability of street performing. If I didn’t love it so much, I definitely would not do it. It’s damn near impossible to make a decent living and I’m not one for doing regular everyday jobs. The most normal job I ever had was doing special effects makeup for a college buddy director. I was never formally trained to specifically do special effects makeup but it came pretty naturally and I liked making things bloody and gross. It was kind of stressful for me though because I never felt like it was good enough so I was happy when I was no longer needed. That was shortly before I moved to LA. I decided to call Johnny and tell him the good news.

“You know how I’ve been thinking about getting a job? Well, I did it.” I told him.

“Congrats. Doing what? Bartending or something?” He asked.

“Nope. I’m going to be a live mannequin.”

“A what??” He asked.

“I stand in a window like a mannequin changing poses every once in awhile.”

“Interesting. I’ll have to come see you at work.” He laughed.

“Please don’t. I’d die.” I pleaded.

“No way, you told me and now I have to come see this for myself. I’ve never heard of or seen that before. When do you start?” He asked.

“Monday.” I pouted.

“Awesome.”

“Alright, I gotta go but I’ll see you later ok?” I said.

“No doubt. Later.” He said and we hung up.

I starting thinking to myself how it was funny that instead of calling Devon, Bobby, Lisa or Matt that I was calling Johnny to tell my daily stories to now. It felt kind of weird because, although we had been hanging out quite a bit lately and that we kissed the other day, I still didn’t know him half as well as the others. There was just something that made me feel like I wanted to talk to him every chance I had. I wanted to tell him about my happiness or my sadness, or even if I was pissed off at the world sometime, I felt like I wanted to go to him. I felt like he might even want me to go to him. I had never had someone grow on me so quickly before and to be honest, I’m sure I’ve said it before, it was kind of scary. Getting hurt was not high on my list of priorities and if things keep going at this pace I know that my heart will definitely be open to being hurt. But me being me, I like to live in the moment. Whatever happens, happens.

I was going over to Johnny’s apartment for the evening. I had only been over once or twice since helping him paint the place. He came to mine most of the time. I hadn’t seen him for a couple of days - since the little kiss - and I hadn’t seen his and Matt’s other friends since my birthday either, but I knew that they would be at the barbeque on Friday. I had no idea who else was going to be there. Knowing these guys it could end up being some huge ass party again. But who knows?

I said bye to my dog, Dandy and started my walk over to Johnny’s. I stopped for a bottle of JD, figuring he probably already had some but just wanted to get something for him. He buzzed me in right away when I got there and I got in the elevator and once again he opened the door just as I got there with a smile on his face.

“Hey girl.” He said pulling me in to the apartment.

“Hey. I brought you something.” I said handing over the bag with the JD.

“Aw, a girl after my own heart.” He said looking into the bag and pulling the bottle out. I once again felt my cheeks heat up. “Thanks.”

“No problem, I was passing by and figured I’d pick it up.” I said playing with my hands nervously.

“Want some?” He asked.

“Yeah, that kinda sounds good right now.” I sighed in relief and he laughed.

“Come on.” He said leading me into the kitchen where he pulled out two glasses and filled one with ice. He poured the whiskey into the glasses and passed me the one with the ice and kept the one without. “Normally I’d just drink it out of the bottle, but I’ll be a gentleman for you tonight.”

“Well, that’s good to know.” I laughed. “I wouldn’t want you taking advantage of me in a drunk state.”

“Really? Damn. There goes that idea.” He said taking a large gulp of the liquor.

“Well, what I don’t know can’t hurt me I guess.” I joked taking a small sip of mine and making a sour face. Johnny laughed.

“Need a chaser?” He asked.

“No, I’m good.” I said pounding on my chest. He laughed harder.

“Stop laughing at me you big jerk. That’s not very gentlemanly like.”

“You know I’m only playing.” He said when he stopped laughing.

“You better be.” I pouted.

“I am.” He said quietly, moving in closer and putting his free hand on my hip. I bit my lip to keep from smiling. His blue eyes looked into my blue eyes. The mood had turned a little more serious than the playful banter that had just occurred. Then his eyes quickly flashed down to my lips and I let out the breath I realized I had been holding since his hand touched me and swallowed. Then he leaned his head down and pressed his lips to mine. It started out innocent like our first kiss, then I felt his tongue on my bottom lip and I excitedly allowed him entrance. The hand that was on my hip wrapped around my lower back and pulled me tight against his body. My free arm snaked up and around his neck and we continued to kiss for what felt like hours (in a good way), but was probably only a minute or so. He pulled away first. “Yeah so, another?” He asked pointing to my glass, his face was flushed and he let go of me turning to the counter for refills.

“Ummm...yeah sure.” I said handing him my glass. After we were refilled he gulped his down quickly again. We moved to the couch in his living room and he brought the bottle of JD with him. He put the TV on but quickly moved his body against mine and pulled me onto his lap where we continued what we started in the kitchen. After a few minutes his hands started to slowly wander up towards my chest. Just as he was about to grab, I felt a vibration against my inner thigh and jumped.

“Sorry.” He said sheepishly pulling his phone out of his pocket and checking who was calling. He made a face and put it back in his pocket.

“Who was it?” I asked curious as to why he didn’t pick up.

“No one.” He said shrugging it off. “Now where were we?” And in the next ten minutes his phone went off three more times until he finally just turned it off.

“What if it’s important?” I asked.

“It’s not. Don’t worry.” He smiled.

“It’s getting late. I should probably go.” I said.

“You can stay if you want...” He trailed off hopefully.

“I probably shouldn’t. You know...” I also trailed off.

“I guess you’re right. Yeah, you’re right. Let me walk you home.” He said.

“It’s ok, I’ll be ok.”

“I’m not going to let you walk home at two in the morning alone. Crazy girl. I’ll never see you again.” He joked and I laughed.

“If you’re lucky...”

“Or unlucky.” He said poking my nose which I scrunched up at the contact.

We started our walk and Johnny lightly grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers together. My heart felt like it skipped at the simple contact of his hand. It was a sweet gesture that I wasn’t really used to. I was starting to feel like he was perfect or at least too good to be true. With all the stories that I’d heard about Matt’s friends, I never expected that I would fall for one of those guys. You know what I mean, the guys who bang sluts in the back of their cars and sometimes more than one a day. I was beginning to think that maybe I had it all wrong. He didn’t seem like one of those guys the more I got to know him and I liked that. We didn’t talk a whole lot on the way back to my place but when we got to my door I unlocked it and turned around to face him.

“Thanks for walking me home.” I smiled up at him.

“No problem. I told you I was going to be a gentleman tonight.” He joked.

“I believe you now.” I said and stood on my tip toes to give him a peck on the lips.

“Good.” He said and pecked again. “I Should go home now or I never will.”

“Alright, I’ll see you Friday I guess.” I said.

“Friday? We have plans for Friday?” He said looking confused.

“Well, no. But Matt asked me to come over and I just assumed you’d be there...if not, that’s ok.”

“Oh...right...the barbeque.” He said off in thought. “Yeah, yeah...I’m not a hundred percent sure if I can make it yet, but since you’re going. I’ll do my best.” He pulled me in and kissed me again. “Goodnight, Elle.”

“Goodnight.” I said and watched him walk to the elevator before I went inside and locked my door. That was kind of weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another long wait, but hopefully this will make up for it? I do not know............
hope you like it. - E.M