Just A Sick Muse

Into The Night

It had been awhile since I had hung out with Devon and Bobby besides working with them, so Lisa came to pick me up so we could go hang out at their place. They’ve shared an apartment for a couple years now in North Hollywood, like me. Lisa lived in West Hollywood and would come out of her way quite often to pick me up for things. I’d throw her gas money once in awhile to thank her. Usually when I go to anyone’s house I bring my dog with me, for those who don’t mind and most don’t. The guys don’t so I’ve got the little baby with me.

“Hello ladies.” Devon said as he let us in the apartment.

“What’s up. It feels like it’s been ages.” I laughed.

“Seriously. I heard you got a job.” He said taking Lisa’s sweater and hanging it up.

“Yep. I start Monday. But don’t worry, it shouldn’t interfere with our little crew.” I said gesturing to the four of us.

“Good.” He said as we walked into the living room where Bobby was playing some skate 2 on Playstation 3.

“Hey Bobby.” Lisa said sitting down next to him.

“Sup.” He said simply as I let Dandy down on the floor and he started sniffing around the living room.

Devon brought out four beers from the kitchen and I figured tonight was going to be a drunk night. But I told myself not to drink too much since Matt’s barbeque was the next day and that would probably also involve drinking.

“So what have you been up to this past little while?” Bobby asked me after a few beers.

“Nothing much. Just had the job interview and been hanging out.” I said.

“Don’t lie, Elle. She’s been seeing Johnny still except now, there’s a little action happening.” Lisa called me out.

“Lisa!” I exclaimed.

“What? It’s true!” She laughed.

“What’s this about? You’re sleeping with him now?” Devon asked.

“NO! I have not slept with him. We kissed a few times, big deal.” I sighed not really wanting to get into this.

“Why not? Get on that.” Bobby joked.

“I’m not going to sleep with someone I’ve known for less than a month.” I scoffed.

“Lame. I’d sleep with someone I knew for a minute.” Devon laughed making thrusting gestures with his hips.

“Because you’re gross.” I said.

“Whatever.” He looked away and gave me the finger.

“Anyway, he is sending me mixed signals. I don’t even know if he actually likes me.” I told them.

“If he’s making out with you he probably likes you.” Bobby said.

“Though that’s not necessarily true. He might be just trying to get in your pants.” Devon said.

“Shut up Devon.” Lisa yelled and slapped him in the back of the head.

“What? I’m just saying.”

“The problem is, I really like him. But he is hot and cold sometimes. Like yeah he wants to kiss and whatever, but then last night when I mentioned seeing him tomorrow at Matt’s barbeque he got all weird. I mean I assumed he’d be there cause he’s Matt’s friend but he seemed like he was trying to figure out what to say to let me know he didn’t want to see me there or something. He said he didn’t know for sure if he could make it but that he’d try. Or something like that. I don’t know...I’m probably just being super paranoid and being a total clingy girl over it.” I sighed.

“Yeah, clingy is not the way to go, girl.” Bobby said.

“I’m not usually clingy. I don’t really feel like I’m being clingy. Like I’m not calling him all the time or anything...but maybe because I just assumed he’d be there he though I was being clingy. I don’t know. I’m not good at this whole ‘dating’ thing. Not that we’re dating...I don’t even know what we are.”

“Ellie. You are rambling like a crazy person.” Devon said.

“Give her a break she’s drunk and she likes the boy. You’re not being clingy. It’s just that awkward beginning stage where you have no idea what’s going on. He is probably feeling the same way. Only time will tell. Just give it some time. If he is at the barbeque, good. If not, don’t sweat it.” Lisa said.

“You’re right, Lisa. I’m just going to forget about it and stop worrying so much. I’ll just let whatever happens happen. If he likes me and things go that way cool. If not, screw him.” I laughed. “Do you guys mind if I crash here tonight?”

“Yeah, no problem.” Devon said.

“Cool thanks.” I said. I figured I’d stay since I was already tired and drunk. Dandy looked comfy on the carpet in front of the door. I decided to go to sleep and hope for no hangover for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is short and it sucks. I'm really sorry, especially since it's been forever since the last. But the next one will be better and have all the guys in it! - E-M