Just A Sick Muse

To End The Rapture

I woke up fairly early the next morning, before the others, and took the bus home. I had told Matt that I would go shopping with him for the barbeque. Apparently he didn't know what to buy. I like to think he just didn't want to go alone and I could be certain none of the other guys would want to go. So when I got home I picked out an outfit consisting of a pair of shorts and a plaid shirt. I also grabbed my bikini just incase. I had a shower and got dressed putting on my bikini underneath my clothes, put on a little makeup and pulled my hair up into a ponytail. I decided to wear my glasses, because I didn't feel like cleaning my contacts and putting them in. I brought my dog down to meet Matt out front of my building. When he got there we decided to drop Dandy off at his place so that we didn't leave him in the hot car while we were shopping, then we drove to the store.

"So, lets see your list." I said to him holding out my hand.

"List?" He smiled sheepishly.

"You didn't make a list?" I asked.

"No."

"Alright then, I guess we'll just look around and pick up whatever." I laughed. We started walking around and made it to the meat area. "You're going to have to pick out this stuff."

"Yeah, no problem." He said picking out some ground beef, ribs and steaks, throwing them into the cart he was pushing. "So seriously, where you been lately?"

"I've been around. I've been working, I'm starting my new job on Monday and I've been hanging out with my friends."

"You haven't been hanging out with me. There's a guy isn't there?" He smiled teasingly while we walked through the isles of the store.

"No, not really." I said blushing.

"Not really? And you're blushing...I knew it. Who is he?" He asked.

"No one, Matt."

"You should have invited him today." He said. "You still can." He pulled his phone out of his pocket holding it towards me.

"I'll pass." I said laughing.

"Oh come on! I want to meet this guy."

"Trust me, Matt. There's no need for that." I gave him a small smile.

"Ok, Ok. I'll stop bugging you about it. Why don't you get some of your veggie shit?" He offered.

"Alright." I said as we passed the frozen food section and I found my favourite brand of veggie burgers and threw them in the cart. I picked out some veggies for a salad in the produce section while Matt picked up some stuff from the deli counter. When we met back up we grabbed a few cases of pop and went to check out. Matt paid the cashier and we pushed the cart out to his car.

"Time for liquor and beer!" Matt shouted and I jumped in my seat.

"Jesus, Matt. You've gotta stop doing that." I said holding a hand over my heart and he laughed hysterically.

"That was hilarious." He said.

"Of course it was. For you." I said back. We picked up a shit load of alcohol and drove back to Matt's to dump it all off. By this time it was around noon and the guys would be showing up in a couple of hours.

I decided to make the salad for Matt since he apparently is "no good" at anything besides grilling. Because chopping things up is so hard. When I was done the salad I put some plastic wrap over top of the big bowl. Then I found a couple of smaller bowls and emptied the potato salad and coleslaw that Matt had gotten from the deli into them and covered them also, then put it all in the fridge. While I was doing that Matt was making the ground beef into burgers and seasoning the meat.

"I have no clue what to do with your stuff." Matt said.

"It just goes on the barbeque flip it and then take it off." I laughed. "Don't worry about it too much."

As we were finishing up in the kitchen we heard the front door open.

"Yo yo yo. Deuce in the house." Aron said coming in with his arm in the air waiting for Matt to slap his hand, which he did. "Hello pretty lady." I blushed.

"Deuce, Ellie. Ellie, Deuce. You met at the party whether either remember I do not know." Matt said.

"I remember." I smiled.

"Yeah. You can call me Aron if you want." He said shaking my hand softly. "Nice to see you again."

"You too." I said.

"You're early." Matt said to Aron.

"I thought I'd see if you needed help with anything." He replied.

"For real? What's with you guys wanting to help with stuff all of a sudden. Anyway I think Ellie and I have it all covered already."

"Sweet." He said. "Then I guess I'll just relax till the others get here then." He grabbed a beer and walked out to the backyard. Matt and I did the same and we chilled out there talking and waiting for the others to come. Aron was cool. He seemed really nerdy in an attractive kind of way. One of those ways where you're like "Ohmygoshyou'resocutttte."

Jordan, Dillon and Jay showed up together shortly after and slapped hands with each other and said Hi to me. Jordan and Jay gave me a hug, Dillon waved as he had not met me at the party because he had been away at the time.

"Where are all the ladies at?" Dillon asked.

"There's some more people coming. Is Lisa coming?" Matt asked.

"Yeah she should be here soon." I told him.

"Should we start cooking anyway?" Matt asked.

"Yeah I'm starving." Jordan said with a grin.

"You're always starving." Jay said back.

"We're all always starving. Don't lie." Dillon said.

"True True."

More pople started to show up as minutes passed. A group of "sexy" girls as Dillon called them walked in in bikini tops and shorts. Lisa still hadn't arrived and Matt was now talking to one of the girls in the group that had come in. Aron was still beside me talking to a couple people I didn't know.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asked turning to me and moving his chair a little closer.

"I just don't really know anyone enough to just start talking to them out of nowhere. And I don't want to bother Matt while he's trying to mack it." I laughed and so did Aron.

"Well, he wont get her anyway."

"How do you know know?"

"Cause Matt sucks with girls." He said laughing.

"That's not nice." I frowned.

"Not nice, but so true."

"Maybe..." I smiled.

"Yo, where's Johnny?" Jordan asked.

"Probably busy screwing Kristal." Jay said. My ears perked up at this. "She just got back from Europe the other day."

"Oh ho ho. Are they coming?" Jordan asked.

"I think so." Matt said. "Last I heard."

"Damn." Jordan said.

"Charlie, Don't be so mean, her dad just passed away." One of the girls in the group said.

"Yeah that's sad sorry her dad passed, but that doesn't mean I have to like her." He said gulping his beer.

"Wait, who's Kristal?" I whispered to Aron.

"Johnny's girl." He whispered back not really getting in on the conversation with Jordan.

"Oh ok." I said and sat back in my seat and scoffed. Eventually I just started laughing to avoid looking too sad.

"What's so funny." Matt said coming and sitting on my other side.

"Oh nothing." I said smiling to him then putting the bottle to my mouth and tipping it towards the sky gulping down the liquid inside. "Great."
♠ ♠ ♠
Duh Duh Duhhhh.

Thank you for reading :)