Just A Sick Muse

Lets Get This Party Started

It's now the Friday of my birthday party. Lisa and I have gone shopping quite a few times over the past week and I couldn't find a dress anywhere that I felt comfortable in. Not unusual that's for sure. So I figured I'd go the semi -"dressy" casual route instead. As I finished getting dressed, I threw on my shoes which I knew that I would probably regret wearing by the end of the night. But what's a little pain? Lisa had helped me with my hair. She had made it wavy in the front and pinned my bangs back so it looked like I didn't have them. I had my contacts in, of course. I put on some eyeliner and winged it out slightly along with some natural looking eyeshadow and mascara. I made my lips bright red. I don't normally do the red lip, but it's my 24th birthday! Time for something a little different.

"You look great!" Lisa squealed.

"Thanks, so do you." I laughed.

"Oh nah. It's all about you today."

"What time are the guys getting here?" I asked.

"Any time now." She said sounding a little distracted as she looked for some lip gloss in her makeup bag.

"Matt said that everyone should start arriving around seven." I said looking at the clock on my bedside table. 7:35pm.

"That's fine, we should show up fashionably late...in an hour."

"It's not rude to be late to your own birthday party?" I asked skeptically.

"Not when you don't know anyone except the people who are going to be late with you." She laughed.

"You don't think he was expecting me to show up at seven?"

"Stop worrying. He wont think you're rude, neither will anyone else. If you show up right on time, it's way too eager. I know you're not from Hollywood, but learn the ropes already!" She joked.

"Alright, Alright. I'll try to relax. You know what I'm gonna have a shot. Wanna join?"

"Sure. What does the birthday girl want?" Lisa asked.

"Jager of course."

"Jager on your birthday?" She whined. "What about something you don't normally take shots of?"

"I'd rather stick to something I know wont make me puke five seconds after drinking it." I said. "I just need to take the edge off."

"Okay, Jager it is." Lisa groaned as she made her way to the kitchen to get a couple shot glasses and the bottle of Jagermeister. "Here you go." She said handing me the glass. "On three. One, Two, Three." She finished as we both tipped our heads back and swallowed the dark liquid. After waiting a few minutes I had a couple more until finally Devon and Bobby showed up.

"Hey ladies. Looking good." Bobby said as he came in. "Happy Birthday, Ellie." He gave me a hug. Devon followed suit.

"Thanks." I looked at the clock and it said 8:10pm. "We should probably go now."

"Alright." Lisa said. I went to the bathroom and fixed my makeup up quick then put my shoes back on. I had taken them off after the first shot to rest my feet since I'd be wearing them all night. Lisa grabbed her stuff and we headed down to her car. I'm not really sure how we plan to get home because I doubt Lisa plans to stay sober. There's always taxi's, I guess. It took about fifteen minutes to get to Matt's place, but when we did, Holy Shit. There were cars parked everywhere, including the front lawn and lining up and down the street. There were people spilling out all over the lawn and sidewalk and even in the street.

"What have I gotten myself into?" I asked.

"Live a little!" Devon laughed, throwing his arm around my shoulder as the four of us walked up to the house. We just walked in without knocking, what was the point? I took a look around and there were people everywhere. I was completely in shock because as much as I knew that Matt knew people, I never expected this. It wasn't hard finding him. He happened to be standing on a table head banging to a song he had no business head banging to. I shook my head and laughed.

"You guys wanna meet Matt?" I asked.

"Sure." They all said shrugging their shoulders. So I started off to where he was with my friends following. I tapped his leg and he freaked out falling down on his ass. I immediately covered my mouth with my hand and giggled.

"Sorry Matty." I yelled.

"ELLIE! You're HERE!" He shouted. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" He said giving me a hug. "What do you think?"

"This is crazy. These are my friends. You know Lisa, and that's Devon and Bobby." The guys waved to each other and exchanged a few words.

"Cool, lets mingle." Matt said grabbing my arm and pulling me away from my friends, I turned around to them with a surprised look and Lisa shrugged while the guys just shooed me away. As we walked he introduced me to just about everyone he saw, even the people he didn't know. He would just say, "This is Ellie, it's her birthday." To everyone who passed.

When we got to the kitchen there was a few guys standing by the fridge and Matt led me towards them and opened the fridge and pulled out a drink for me. "Here you go." He said.

"Thanks." I accepted. I needed to get drunk.

"Guys this is Ellie. It's her birthday." Matt said to the three guys. "This is Charlie, Jay and Deuce."

"Hey. Happy Birthday." They said.

"Thanks."

"So Matt, how come you've never introduced us before?" Charlie asked.

"Cause I'm embarrassed of you." Matt said.

"CHYEAH right. More like the other way around. You were probably too scared she'd like us better, cause you're a loser with a stupid hair cut." He laughed and Matt pouted.

"Aw, Matty, I like your haircut." I laughed. We all chatted for awhile longer. I assumed that these guys were in Matt's band, Hollywood Undead, after I found out that Charlie's name was actually Jordan and Deuce was Aaron.

After a few hours of being dragged around the party and being introduced to virtually everyone in the place and drinking quite a bit I sat down on the couch in the living room to rest my sore feet for a few minutes while I watched Matt hit on some girl. It was funny because he had no game, though I'm sure he had no problem finding girls, being in a band and all. He probably only had to say, "Hey, I'm in a band, lets fuck." End of story. Done deal. Kinda funny. Not that he's not cute, he is. But he can be a dork. I hadn't seen my friends since Matt dragged me off earlier and I wasn't even sure if they were still here or not. I looked to my left and noticed the guy sitting on the other end of the couch. He had a butterfly tattooed on the side of his neck and a three on his throat. He had his eyes closed and his head leaned on the back of the couch. He looked cute. That was when I saw his right eye open a bit and he looked at me.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said and looked straight ahead. He opened his other eye and lifted his head up.

"Man, I'm drunk." He said and let out a cough.

"Yeah, me too." I giggled.

"Who are you?" He asked. "I've never seen you before."

"Oh, I'm Ellie. Matt's friend." I said looking back out into the sea of people.

"Happy birthday."

"What?" I looked at him surprised.

"It's your birthday isn't it?" He asked.

"Oh, well, yeah. I just...didn't expect you to know." I laughed nervously.

"I'm Johnny. Matt's friend also." He held out his hand and I grabbed on to it and we shook.

"Nice to meet you, Johnny." I smiled and blushed. This boy was hot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry again for the extreme long wait. Like I said, I was planning on updating sooner but I had a family emergency to do with my brother. Everything is OK now, or at least will be. I hope you like this chapter and I hope it was worth the wait. Hopefully you will not have to wait long for chapter 5. Thanks again for reading and being patient. <3