Just A Sick Muse

The Hangover

"Ugh. I am so hungover." Lisa said walking out of my bedroom. I had gotten up about an hour before and taken some aspirin for my headache. Mine wasn't too bad though. But judging by the looks of Lisa, hers was brutal.

"Here, babe." I said handing her a couple aspirins and she went to the kitchen to fill a glass of water.

"Thanks." She said after downing them. "Wait...when did we come back here? And how did we get here?"

"Well, we left around 1:30 because you were about to pass out and we took a taxi, so you'll have to pick up your car from Matt's later." I told her.

"I'm sorry." She said groggily.

"What for?"

"For making you leave the party." She said sheepishly.

"Don't worry about it, Lisa. I was ready to go. I had quite enough partying for the night. It was fun, but I think I've gotta ease myself slowly into nights like that." I laughed, as did she. "Although I could have talked to Johnny some more."

"Who's Johnny?" She asked.

"The guy who carried you to the car last night."

"I was carried to the car? By a guy? Oh the humility." She said dramatically. "Anyway this sounds interesting. Since I've known you, I've never seen you interested in someone."

"Well, I mean, I wouldn't exactly say I'm interested. He was cute and seems like a nice guy. We talked for about an hour last night about random stuff. Nothing really important. But I don't know. I'd have to get to know him better and who knows I may never see him again. I mean, all of Matt's friends were nice to me last night."

"If you like the guy, get Matt to hook you up. If you want to see him again it's not that hard. You know they are friends."

"I'm not going to ask him to hook me up with his friends, Lisa." I said.

"Alright fine, suit yourself." She said and sprawled on the couch, throwing her arm over her eyes. Then the phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Bitch. How are you this morning?"

"I'm alright now. Lisa is pretty hungover though." I told Matt.

"Cool. Did you have fun last night?" He asked.

"Yeah I did. A lot actually. Thanks again for doing this. I think I really needed it." I said.

"It's not a problem. I had fun too. Your guy friends seem to have crashed on my couch. They are still passed out."

"Oh, sorry about that..."

"Don't apologize. You could have done the same. I was just letting you know they were here. Incase you were wondering." He said.

"Thanks. So is there a big mess to clean up?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I'm used to it. Some of my friends are still here. I'll make them help. But I just wanted to know if Lisa needed a lift to pick up her car. I noticed it's still here."

"Oh, we could take a taxi later, it's ok."

"No, I can pick you up. It's cool." He said.

"Well if you don't mind. I don't know if Lisa is quite ready to drive yet though." I said peeking over at her. She looked like she had passed out again. "We were supposed to work today but it doesn't seem like that'll be happening."

"Alright well I'll come get you guys in like a couple hours or so depending on stuff." Matt said.

"Thanks Matty."

"No problem. I'll see you soon." He said and we hung up. I decided I'd let Lisa sleep off her hangover and thought I'd have a shower and maybe get something to eat while I waited for her to wake up and Matt to get here. Might as well make myself presentable.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's kind of short but 3 chapters in a 24 hour span is a record for me! My apology for taking so long. Hope you like it! And...I have 2 stars now! I'm excited by that! I don't really know the criteria of the stars if it's comments, subscribers or readers or a mix of the 3 or what, but either way. 2 Stars is pretty awesome. Better than none! Thanks again. xo - E-M