Just A Sick Muse

Ego

I stayed at Matt's all day even after everyone else, including Lisa, had left. We finally completely finished cleaning at around 8pm. We had to do the front and back yards and the bathroom was just disgusting.

"So, you met Johnny I see." Matt said as we sat down on the couch, finally.

"Yeah, I did."

"So you got along ok?" He asked.

"Yeah...why?"

"Just asking. If you weren't going to get along with one of us it would be him most likely. So it's good."

"Why's that?" I asked him, curious.

"I don't know. He can sometimes be an ass if he doesn't like someone, so I'm glad he was nice to you." He told me.

"Oh. Well I should probably go home." I said getting up off the couch and calling my dog.

"Alright, thanks for the help. No one ever helps me with the clean up."

"No problem. Oh yeah, no offense but how did you afford a house?" I asked him and he laughed.

"It's not really mine. I rent it fairly cheap from my aunt who is living in her beach house." He said.

"Makes sense now." I smiled. "Alright lets go."

We went out to the car and he dropped me and my baby off outside my building. We said goodbye and I let Dandy go to the bathroom before going up to my apartment. I got something to eat and sat down in front of the TV and started watching Big Brother. The little dog curled up on the cushion next to me. My blackberry then made a little beeping noise alerting me to a text message so I picked it up from the arm of the couch and opened the message from a number that wasn't familiar.

Hey pretty lady.

When I read the message I was kind of confused as to who it could be. Although I had an idea, and that idea made my stomach feel like it was full of butterflies. So I wrote back.

Hi....Johnny?

I had given him my number in the kitchen earlier. There was no message for the rest of my show so I figured that maybe I was wrong and was feeling a little disappointed. But as I was putting my dishes into the sink I heard my phone beep again.

Ya. What are you wearing?

I was shocked by this message and my cheeks felt like they were on fire.

What???

Just kidding. Can you help me paint my apt, artist friend?

'Why does he need me to help paint his apartment?' I thought. But I wanted to see him again so I figured, why not?

Sure can.

Cool call you 2mrw

ok

He never wrote back after that. The butterflies never left my stomach the rest of the night. I had no clue why this boy got to me the way he did. I felt like I was falling for him already and I really knew nothing about him. That scared me more than anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long and I'm also sorry that this one is super short. I'm going to try and get another one out really quick. Thanks for reading.