Status: Completed.

Will It Hurt?

11 Improvment

********************
Rose’s POV

“Gerard can you zip me?”

I turned my back and Gerard fumbled and zipped up my dress. I flatted it out and turn to him. He sifted his feet. I blushed. This man knows how to clean up. Gerard had a simple black button up shirt with some black slacks. I reached up and undid the first two buttons and messed up his hair a little.

He was extremely beautiful right now. He was clean shaven and looked healthy. I never knew someone could look so angelic. If he was an angel he sure fell hard…

I pulled on my heels and made sure I had everything. God I was nervous. I rubbed my hands together and exhaled. Gerard untangled my fingers and held them.

“Relax, it's just a convention.”

“No, it’s a judgment party.”

When we arrived valet took my car and Gerard escorted me up the stair and through the front. Jeff greeted us and led us in to a large ball room. It was filled with tons of people. Mostly people I worked with.

These included police officers, security guards, case workers, emergency people and many more. City people where here too. Like our top judges, our governor and mayor and all of city council.

Supposedly there was a great surprise…I think ut was Jeff’s son. He can actually walk know. This is a major improvement.

Judge Gorden came up to me and smiled sweetly. Not a good sign.

“Judge."

“Rose, I heard about the convict escaping...” She paused, “I’m greatly sorry that such an evil man is loose. Do you think he’ll come for you?”

“Me? No, I think he’ll go into hidding if he’s smart.”

“Well, that’s all past. Is this your boyfriend?”

“Oh…uh…Yes” Thank god all evidence and records were destroyed, because I’d be really afraid right now.

I pulled him up a little and he shook her hand, “This is my man Gerard. Gerard, This is Judge Gorden. She was the judge in my case…” I trailed off.

Gerard mad an “oh” face, “Nice to meet you.”

“As the same to you.”

She walked away and helped herself to a drink.

*******20 Mins Later*********

“Can we leave yet?” Gerard asked me.

I swirled my drink, “Thinking about it.”

Jeff walked into the middle of the room and got all of the attention of the crowd.

“Thank you all for you love and support” He smiled and turn in a circle, “I have wonderful news.”

I set my drink down pulled Gerard closer to the front of the crowd.

“My son, who risked his life…” He paused and His son was wheel in a wheel chair into the middle of the crowd, “Now can walk.”

He stood up and walked to his father. The crowd started clapping. I walked up to him and hugged him.

“It’s good to see you walk

“Thank you, its because of you. If you hadn’t helped…” I looked up at him, “I would have died.”

“What are friends for?”

I kissed his cheek an walked back to Gerard, “Let’s go.”

He nodded and I walked a head of him. He pause and went to a table to place his drink down.

*******************
Gerard’s POV

I placed my drink down and was greeted with an explosion behind me. I turned and say smoke at the entrance. I froze. Rose was just there. I say here purse on the ground by me

I stepped forward to take it and gasped.

In came a guy dragging Rose by her hair. She was struggling and screaming.

“Let me go you basterd.”

Every one in the room was frozen. I could do anything. Jeff came and stepped next to me.

“Now that I have you attention.”

The man smiled and laughed (and no, this isn’t the joker…though it would be pretty cool), “How are all of you doing tonight?”

I growled, “Let here go.”

That piece of shit looked at me, “How about a no?”

“Gerard,” Jeff whispered, “Do you know who that is?”

“No, who is he?”

“His name is Jon. He was Rose’s captor.”

I clenched my fist. That basted ruined her.

He pulled her in front of him. She was on her knees and crying. It hurt so much to see her like this. He held a gun to her head. He leaned down in to her ear and whispered.

I felt the bottom of her purse. Her gun. I slipped my hand in and pulled it out slowly. It was hidden by the purse. He lifted her up off the ground and held her close to him. I almost puked.

*******************
Rose’s POV

“I missed you,” He pulled me up and held me close to him, still with the gun at my head. I was so afraid I just couldn’t move. He leaned again into my ear

“Is your man better then me?”

I didn’t respond and he growled….

“Back to you quiet zone? Tell me,” The gun was pressed harder into me, “Do you believe in God?”

I didn’t answer.

“DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?”

I shut me eyes tight.

“If any of you do then you should be praying. I’ll ask again. Do you believe in God?”

If I said yes, I’ll die. Though I'm going to die anyways. I didn't want to die. I loved my life too much. As much trouble is in it I loved it. I didn't want Gerard on his own either.

I could hear Gerard's voice over gasps, “She doesn’t. Only angels.”

I bowed my head and a gun went off.

******************************
♠ ♠ ♠
**********************

Thanks for the support….

Kay we’re skipping forward in time….

Like three weeks

Btw….If you can you should listen to “Cassie” by Flyleaf when you read this….

At least look at the lyrics

Cassie

****************