Status: Completed.

Will It Hurt?

12 End

**************
Gerard’s POV

40…..41….42….43….44…..45…..46…..47….48….49…..50….51…52….53….54

….55….56…57…58…59…60

Any time now…..


My “cell” door opened. I looked up from my bed and say a guard bringing Jeff in. It’s been three months since he last came to see me. I sat up and they locked the door. He came over to me.

“Can I leave this place yet?”

“I talked and they said you can leave the asylum tomorrow.”

“Is Rose okay?”

He sighed, “Gerard….” He came and sat next to me, “How many times do we have to go over this. The second bullet entered her in a vital spot.”

“Not okay then?”

“Gerard, Rose Cross does not exist anymore. You know this.”

“But” I hanged my head.

“Gerard, look at me” I looked up at him, “Rose Cross does not exist anymore.”

I gave him a puzzled look. I truly didn't know what he meant.

He stood up, “Come see me tomorrow.”

*****NEXT DAY***********

After two years wearing jeans for the first time is so weird. I was heading to Jeff’s work. I wonder what he wants. I walked up the steps of the new police building and into his office.

“Oh Gerard.” He stood up and walked by the door, “You won’t talk long I’m sure so sit and get to work.”

I looked puzzled at him. I, as in me, won’t talk long? What is his issues dude? He left and I sat down in front of his desk. I did a double take. He had a folder on his desk labeled Rose Cross.

Curiosity is a bitch.

I grabbed it. I opened it slowly and start looking through it. All of her past was flashing in front of my eyes as I read. It was surprising how much she went though.

Died.

Wait a minute.

What’s this?


I flipped the page.

Witness protection?

The name Alexis Johnson was posted cleary for me to see. She was alive. I grabbed one of his pens and wrote the address down and threw down the folder. I rushed out of his office and down and out of the building.

I reached the address and saw her. Her hair was died blond and she was standing on her porch with a man.

She didn’t. She wouldn’t.

He was five foot four. I’m assuming and black hair. Tattoos running up and down his arms. He gave her a hug and he left down to his car.

I walked up to the stairs and she looked at me.

“He isn’t…” The words couldn’t come out. She had moved on.

She just smiled, “No, he’s just a friend.”

I sighed with relief.

“No, my man hasn’t come home yet.”

“What?” my voice cracked as I stood next to her.

“Please tell me….” It was so hard to talk to her.

“Gerard.”

“Rose.”

“Gerard,” She hugged me and started crying.

“Rose….I love you more then anything.”

“I know. You are always mine.”

I held her tight. I refuse to let her go. There was nothing in this world that was going to stop me. She was mine and only mine. Even if a man looked at her he would be removed from this world.

“Do I have to call you Alexis?”

“Never.”

“Good! I’m happy with that.”

I kissed her softly. She pulled me closer. This is the reason to live. Too feel human completely. Love is a powerful bond that is never broken easy…..

Ours will never fall.


***************************