Status: Finished! Sequel?

Crossroads

Chapter 12

After having my two hour long conversation with Brendon and his little sister who turned out to be called Jade I decided it would be best to head home in case my dad was getting worried, that was of course if he was even home.

I slowly began my walk home, another smoke hanging from my lips as I approached the house. My dad’s car was missing, telling me that he had already left for work and that, with this being Sunday, I probably wouldn’t be seeing him until at least Wednesday. I threw my cigarette to the ground before pulling my keys out of my purse and opening the door.

Once inside I ran upstairs and into my room, there I kicked off my shoes before getting clean clothes to wear. I skipped back downstairs to find that there were four messages on the answering machine. I sighed before grabbing the pile of mail to go through as I listened and pressing the button making the annoying automated beep ring.

‘Hey Kam, it’s Matt. I was wondering if you were home.. but obviously not. Please Kam just tell me what I did wrong, I’ll fix it. Call me back, bye.’ I bit my lip. He wouldn’t understand if I told him what was going on. He would hate me. There was another beep before the second message started.

‘Kamryn, it’s dad. I just wanted to know if you were home yet, call me at work to let me know you’re safe honey. I hope you had fun last night, love you, bye.” I sighed, have fun last night? Yeah right. Another beep.

‘Kam it’s Matt again. You left two hours ago, I’m worried about you. Please just talk to me, it doesn’t have to be about earlier just call me to let me know you’re okay.’ his worried voice spoke before the next beep.

“Dude, Kam it’s Jimmy. How is my little angel?’ he laughed. ‘anyway, Matt’s really beat up about whatever it was that happened between you two. Call him yeah? He’s really worried about you and I’m worried about him. Whatever it is, let him help you. It can’t be that bad. But if you’re not gonna talk to him at least phone me to let me know you’re home safe, the number is..” He then went on to read out Leana’s house number for me and after that there was yet another beep, this one signalling that it was the end of the messages.

I didn’t have to call dad back, he always told me to do that but whenever I did call him at work he was too busy to talk so I didn’t bother anymore and he knew that. should I call Matt or shouldn’t I? if I did he wouldn’t rest until he got the truth out of me but if I didn’t then that might officially make us not talking. I didn’t think I could go one single day of school without him there by my side to protect me.

I bit my lip as I dialled the number Jimmy had left on the machine. I waited impatiently for someone to pick up while flicking through the unopened envelopes on my lap. electricity, phone, junk, junk, dad‘s, junk. I sat all of the important things in a pile on the edge of the coffee table before taking the junk into the kitchen to be binned.

“Hey Leana, I was wondering if Jimmy was there?” I asked while biting my lip slightly.

“Sure thing, I’ll just get him for you.” she answered sweetly before covering the mouth piece although I could still hear her. “Jimmy, it’s Kamryn.” there was light rustling in the background before I heard Jimmy telling Matt to ‘sit the fuck down’ as I had called for him.

“Hey Angel, you okay?” he asked after Leana had handed him the phone, he sounded as though he was eating something although I wasn’t surprised, Jimmy was always eating something, but then again he was hugely tall.

“Angel?“ I questioned but he brushed it off. “Yeah I’m good, I just went for coffee and hung out with some guy from Scotland.” I instantly knew I’d made a mistake, that would get a reaction out of him and Matt would know where I’d been.

“Some guy from Scotland?” he screeched into the phone. “What the fuck are you doing talking to strangers at coffee shops?” there was noises in the back ground and I knew Matt was fighting for the phone.

“Jimmy calm down, I was really talking to his little six year old sister more. She thought I was a real princess.” I smiled remembering Jade in her little pink dress and her slight obsession with princesses.

“Oh alright, a six year old.” he on purpose left out the fact that the guy himself was not six so that Matt would back off. “So what happened between you and Matt earlier?” he asked and I rolled my eyes, did he honestly think I didn’t know Matt was there?

“He think’s I’m hiding something from him. He keeps pushing me to tell him what it is but I can’t.” I sighed, that was nothing Matt didn’t already know.

“So there is a secret then? Something you haven’t told him. Why won’t you tell him? Will you tell me?” he asked quickly.

“I can’t tell you Jimmy, for the same reason I can’t tell him. I don’t want you guys to hate me. It’s better if you just forget about it. Tell Matt I said hi, since he’s standing next to you.” I replied before hanging up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know! I'm sorry!

Life's been hellish right now, i've got five highers to study for and school is majorly kicking my ass right now, so again sorry about the wait.

On a happier note, I'm half way through writing the sequal!
But it wont be posted if i dont get more readers
so let me know what you think please even if it isnt good news

Shannon
xXx