Status: Finished! Sequel?

Crossroads

Chapter 21

All of the guys had gone to Matt’s for band practice after school, that meant that they were all now at my house as I sat cradled in Matt’s lap whining about Brendon, a guy I‘d only known for a few days at the most.

“Kam it was wrong of him to not tell you about his girlfriend but he was kinda right, it would have been really difficult since he lived so far away. You’d be better off with someone from around here anyway.” soothed Brian as he rubbed my back.

“But I really liked him and people make long distance relationships work all the time!” I cried into Matt’s chest as he rubbed my arm.

“Kamryn come on. Those people are usually together for more than two days before they separate, it wouldn’t have worked. It’s better that you know where you stand now.” explained Jimmy from his seat on the floor in front of me.

“Ya’ll sound like a bunch of girls.” sniggered Johnny from the back of the room some where. His comment was closely followed by a cry of pain as Zack slapped him over the back of the head, making me laugh slightly as I tried wiping the few stray tears away.

“I’m being stupid aren’t I?” I asked through the last few remaining sniffles. They all smiled sympathetically while shaking there heads no. which basically meant I was being stupid and they were lying very badly.

“Kam why do you smell like smoke?” Matt asked slightly confused as I gulped a large breath of air into my lungs.

“Brendon smoked. We were watching TV together so the smoke probably got in my hair.” I lied.

“So you’re alright now?” asked Jimmy and I nodded in reply. “So we can raid your freezer and eat all your ice cream now?” I shrugged. “And we can have chocolate sauce?”

“Jimmy go get the bloody ice cream!” I shouted and he ran off to get the ice cream while shouting ‘score’ at the top of his voice which, let me tell you, is loud.

Three hours later and the first of two ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ movies had just finished. I was curled up in between Matt and Brian with Jimmy sprawled out of the floor in front of me so I was protected from all sides. The guys thought it was pretty funny that I was so frightened and found myself jumping every three minutes but I personally didn’t find anything about a bunch of psychotic people funny.

“Your sure you’re okay watching these Kam?” asked Johnny from the couch on the other side of the living room. “You look a little pale.”

“I’ll be okay, I have my bouncers and my pillow to save me.” I smiled weakly as Zack put the next one in just as Jimmy arrived back from the kitchen with some popcorn to dip in his now fully melted ice cream. I felt Matt chuckling beside me and glared at him. “If I have nightmares, I’m calling you at 2.30 in the morning.”

“If you have nightmares I’ll come over at 2.30 in the morning but I’ll either be laughing my ass off or tired as hell.” he laughed again before Zack shh’d him as the movie began.

Halfway through the movie I felt the need to escape so I got up and went through to the kitchen to get a glass of water to cure the slightly nauseous feeling in my stomach. I had never been good with horrors and yet every time something upset me the guys would automatically suggest them, it was as though they were purposefully trying to scare me into forgetting my problems. If that was what they were doing, it worked.

“You holding up okay?” I turned around to find Jimmy. Holding his empty bowl of ice cream and popcorn.

“Yeah, just needed a drink, is all.” I smiled as I held up my glass as if to prove my point.

“You know I didn’t mean that.” he shook his head as he put the bowl in the sink. “I meant this whole thing with that Brendon dude. You’re okay with everything that happened, yeah?” I smiled.

“Yeah, he was just some guy I met while he was on holiday, that’s it, right?” he smiled before replying with a ‘right’. I nodded before walking towards the door to go back through to the living room when he spoke again.

“Are you ever gonna tell Matt you like him?” his question made me freeze dead in my tracks, I didn’t realize that anyone, other than Amy and McKenna of course, knew that I liked him.

“I don’t…” I trailed off as he gave a ‘yeah right’ look before sighing. “How long have you known?” I asked quietly.

“Long enough. That’s why you were so on edge the morning after Leana’s party isn’t it? You know, when you woke up next to him.” no one ever gave Jimmy enough credit, the guy’s really too smart for his own good.

“Please don’t tell him Jimmy. He can’t know.” he nodded his head and I bit my lip before going back into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Jimmy knows too?
hmm...
Not long till the end of this one and the begining of the sequal!

Let me know what you think

Shannon
xXx