Status: Finished! Sequel?

Crossroads

Chapter 32

“Please answer the door, please answer the door.” I whispered to myself as I stood outside of Damien’s house, out of breath, hair a mess, tear stains on my cheeks and feet killing me. After they had announced that I was to be put in the care of my mother I ran straight out of the court room and didn’t stop running until I had reached Damien’s. And in the stupid summer dress I was wearing, I’d consider that an accomplishment.

“Kam, what you doing here?” asked Tristan as he answered the door wearing nothing but a pair of faded white jeans while holding both a cigarette and a bottle of beer.

“I need to speak to your brother, please tell me he’s here.” I gasped out as he opened the door further for me to go inside.

“Yeah, he’s in the living room playing video games like the dork he is, why, is something wrong?” he asked as I walked into the living room to find Damien sitting on the couch wearing a pair of baggy jeans and a loose t-shirt while playing some video game.

“Kamryn, what are you doing here? Wait, have you been crying?” he asked as he pressed pause and threw the controller onto the floor before standing up and wrapping his arms around me as I started to cry again.

“She won Damien, that bitch won the custody battle. They said I have to move, I have to go live with her.” I cried harder as he gently rubbed my back in an attempt to sooth me. “I can’t live with her Damien I’d rather die than live with her.”

“Hey now that’s enough of that. Like hell am I gonna stand by and watch this.” he calmed as he ran his hand through my hair. “I’ll fix it. You know I will.” as he spoke I remembered what Matt had told me when he found out about my smoking. “I won’t be able to help you if she wins the custody hearing.”

“But Matt said that he couldn’t help me if she won, she won Damien. How could they do that, who’s going to look after my dad?” I questioned hurriedly as he shushed me again.

“Kam I’m not Sanders. Just cause he can’t help you doesn’t mean I can’t. If you don’t want to go with her then you’re not going with her. It’s as simple as that,” he stopped to lightly kiss me as reassurance of his words. “I’ll protect you.”

“LA.” we both looked up at Tristan as he downed the rest of his beer before throwing the empty bottle in a corner somewhere. “We could go to LA and hide out there.”

“We? No I couldn’t ask you two to go away with me I mean we’ve only just met and plus you only just got here.” I hurried as a smirk which matched Tristan’s appeared on Damien’s face.

“It doesn’t matter, we don’t really like this place anyways. Too quiet. LA would be the best place to go, parties and everything. It’s a great idea.” Damien explained happily. “You trust me, don’t you Kam?” he asked, his eyes gazing into mine.

“I… well yes but still. Move to LA with you?” I asked unsurely.

“It’s either that or you’ll have to live with your mom. Sanders said it himself, he isn’t gonna play prince charming this time.” I glared at him slightly but nodded my head. I could see that he was right, if I wanted to avoid living with my mom, leaving Huntington was my only way.

“Ok.. Let’s do it, let’s go to LA.” I bit my lips slight as a large grin appeared on both brothers faces before they both tackled me to the couch in a massive hug.

“You won’t regret it, I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter.
How many of you saw that one coming?

Shannon
xXx