Black Rose: Book One

Chapter Six: What Lies in the Shadows

'I'll always love you...'

He narrowed his black eyes as his hands formed fists at his sides. Despite the cool fall air, he was hot. Not just physically, but also emotionally as well. How could she? He had given her everything he was able to...including his dead heart. He had explained to her how much she meant to him.

"You filthy little liar." He mumbled as he walked along the side of the road, his black leather winter coat swishing softly as he moved.

Nothing could compare to the way he felt upon hearing about her "sudden disappearance." No. He knew exactly what it was. She had left. Although she'd promised to leave with him...she instead left him as well. If she didn't feel the same way, or want what he wanted, she could have just told him that. But no. She abandoned him.

And she would pay dearly for it.

She would pay for making him open up to her like he had. She would pay for tricking him into telling her things he should never tell a human. She would pay...for breaking his heart. He had trusted her. He loved her.

And she ran off without as so much as a goodbye.

He thought of all the ways he could torture her for her crime against him...but those lost brown eyes faded slowly back into his subconscious. She was like him, a prisoner of her lifestyle. Being forced to do things that she'd rather die before doing. He could smell her delicate scent of a rose in his arms as he held her. How often he had to soothe her worries and calm her fears? How often had he had to listen to her cries of despair and hopelessness...and had been unable to think of a way to make her smile?

He stopped walking and closed his eyes. Whatever the case was...he could no longer afford to be so forgiving towards her. She was making him weak when he needed to be strong. He closed his eyes as darkness of the night settled around him. When he opened them, were blood red.

"I will find you....and I will kill you." He hissed...then disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note: I know Chapter Six was short and confusing. However, every word I typed will come back to light later on. Don't dismiss that chapter.