If I Fall Forever, Will You Be There To Catch Me?

Introduction

Still do not own Kingdom Hearts. Or a life. Damnit.
----
3rd Person PoV ((Castle that Never Was... Or something like that))

“Ahhhhh!” Namine screamed. Xemnas, Xigbar, and Xaldin ditched the unconscious teenager who was laying on the couch and portaled to Namine’s ‘room.’
“What is wrong?” Xemnas asked in his normal slow tone.
“Oh no, oh no!” Namine whimpered, scattering drawings around her floor. The three high ranking members crowded around her mess. “This is horrible! I lost Maxin’s memory!”
“What?!” Xigbar yelled. “How!?”
“I don’t know,” she mumbled. “She can’t remember being on Destiny Islands, or being with us before we lost her!”
“We did not lose her,” Xemnas defended, “she fell off the floaty castle island thing and into the ocean. That’s when we had you erase her memories.”
“It doesn’t matter now! She can’t remember anything! She barely even knows her name! She can’t decide on who she is. Nami or Maxin!”
“That’s not... that bad is it?” Xigbar suggested.
“I have worse news, though.” Namine whined. “You three, and I, are the only ones who can remember her!”
“Ohh... That is bad.” Xigbar admitted.
“What now?” Xaldin asked.
“She’s awaking.” Namine warned. Xemnas grabbed Namine and they all portaled to the original spot where ‘Maxin’ was asleep. At the same moment Zexion and Larxene entered the room.
“Who is that?” Larxene sneered.
“Number 14, aka, Maxin.” Xaldin answered. Then, she woke up.

Maxin’s PoV
I slowly opened my eyes, a blinding light hovering above me. I moved my weight onto my elbows, groaning.
“Ow. What happened?” I asked when I recovered.
“The darkness dropped you.” Some dude with an eyepatch bluntly replied.
“Tell it I said thanks.” I muttered, sarcastically.
“Number 9 was right, she’s a smart mouth.” The big guy stated.
“Welcome to the Organization!” A blonde girl with... Antennae..? Quickly greeted, shaking my hand. “I’m Larxene.”
“Organization?” I choked out.
“Yup. Organization 14, now that you’re here. That’s Zexion.” She pointed to a kid with light purple hair holding a book. He looked at me with an uninterested expression. “I’ll show you around.”
“Larxene.” The same big guy growled.
“Don’t worry, Superior,” she purred. “I’ll take good care of her.” She grabbed my wrist and violently pulled me off the couch.
“Whoa!” She twirled me around to face the three men.
“That’s our Superior, Xemnas.” She pointed to the largest man, then to the one with an eyepatch. “Xigbar.” And to the last one, with braids. “Xaldin. Those are the three highest members, treat them with respect. Now, it’s off to Vexen. Which I’m guessing he is in the basement mutating freaking rats right now.” She pulled my arm with her to a large door. As we passed the kid, he turned and followed us. In a broad hallway, a man with blonde hair and a freaky look on his face walked by. “Vexen!” Larxene growled. He turned around and glared at her.
“What?!” She smiled and gestured to me.
“This is Maxin. Member number 14.” She said sweetly.
“Maxin?” I repeated.
“Yes. That’s your name. Duh.”
“I’m busy.” Then he got a creepy smile. “Well, maybe she can come with me to observe my potions and creations while you go broadcast her to the others, hmm?”
“Ugh, fine.” Larxene muttered. She leaned over and whispered to me, “Remember, he’s always undressing you with his eyes.” My own eyes bugged and she snickered. “Good luck!” She waved as I followed Vexen to a set of descending stairs.
“This is the way to the basement, which I have occupied as my lab.” He explained. “Most of the time it’s off limits for visitors, but since you are new, and young, I’ll let you in.”
“Well, I guess that’s an honor.” I shrugged.
“Such good respect already. I like you.” Then we heard large footsteps behind us. We both turned to see the largest man on earth. “Ah, Lexeaus, good timing. This is Maxin, our newest member.” Vexen looked at me, along with Lexeaus. “How old are you?”
“Sixteen... I think.” His eyes sparkled.
“That’s perfect!” He grabbed my arm and raced us both down to his lab. It was... Interesting...
There were four extremely large lab tables, covered with experiments. Well, except for one really clean one. Surprise. Anyway, a large counter snaked across three of the four walls, also covered with beakers and glowing chemicals, and other weird things you’d expect on the Sci-Fi channel. He led me to the clean table.
“I want you to sit on this for a moment.” He requested.
“Yes, sir.” I hopped onto the table, trying not to fall. He turned around and I could barely hear him whimper,
“She called me Sir. Such respect!” Was this guy big on respect, or what?
“Now what?” I asked, getting bored.
“I’m getting a few things together, wait a minute.” He answered running around the lab. Soon he stopped and placed a bunch of things next to me. After spreading them out, he grabbed a long stick, like some teachers do, and pulled down a screen from the ceiling. After turning on a projector, a pie chart showed up. “This is our atmosphere. Mostly nitrogen, somewhat oxygen, and barely any other chemicals. Now, looking beside you, what do you think emits more chemicals in the atmosphere than the others?” I looked beside me and picked up the piece I guessed came from a car engine and was placed next to a Venus flytrap.
“This?”
“No. Good guess, but no. I am conducting an experiment,” he grabbed the plant by the pot, “that will make this one of the most feared plants in the world!”
“How?” His evil smile faded and he glared at me.
“How? You ask me, how!?”
“Yeahhh....” I nodded.
“Ugh. When this single Venus fly trap eats a bug for food, it emits oxygen. Which is what we inhale. But,” he grabbed a beaker filled with a purple liquid, “when I feed it this,” he dropped a drop of it on its open mouth, “watch.”
I stared with awe as the plant grew a third its size, and fully opened its mouth, letting out a low growl. “That is totally completely amazingly awesome!”
“Why, thank you. This young specimen is merely one of hundreds I’ve got scattered around our garden. Poor Marluxia didn’t know what they were at first. Then...” He looked at me. “Never mind.”
“Who’s Marluxia?”
“He is another member. Most likely by the gardens.” Then, Zexion showed up from shadows.
“Vexen.” Oh my God. His voice was... Way deeper than I thought it would be. Like... A twenty year-old’s voice. “Saix requests to meet Maxin. She must come with me.”
“But, we were having fun.” He half-pouted. “Fine.” He looked at me again. “Go on, before Saix eats a pillow or a shoe or something.” I raised an eyebrow but continued to walk forward to Zexion.
“I will also be teaching you the basics of being an organization member, and a nobody. To summon a black portal, you must tell the darkness around you that you request to leave the room and enter another. Put out your arm to do so.” I obeyed and held out my arm, as he did along with me. “Now, summon the darkness to form transportation.” All of the sudden two large black holes appeared in front of us.
“I did it!” I exclaimed.
“Yes, you did. Now, think about someone named Saix, who you do not need to know looks like, and whichever room he is in, which you also do not need to know specifically, and walk into the portal.” I nodded and walked through the darkness. After about half a second, the darkness fell from around me and I was in another hallway, by a window. Zexion appeared behind me. “Good job, you now know how to get around the castle, mostly.”
“It’s okay if I walk, though right?”
“It will be, once you’ve memorized every inch of the castle. You can still walk amongst low distances without getting lost though, hopefully.”
“Enough, Zexion. She is far more responsible than you think.” A man said from behind us. I turned around to see a full-grown man with blue hair and an X on his head walking towards us. “I am number 7, Saix. You are quite the unique one, now aren’t you?”
“Why do you say that?” I cocked an eyebrow.
“No reason. I have been informed by the Superior that you are going to need to learn about your weapon. Now for starters-” Just as he ended that word someone ran right past him. He was running so fast, and I’m guessing he had red hair, that he looked like a flame. We watched as he used his heels to skid to a stop and turn around.
“Well, hello there, 14. Just who I was looking for.” He purred.
“We were busy.” Saix snapped.
“Calm down, boy. Let me introduce myself.” He walked up to me and grabbed my hand. “I’m Axel.” He then proceeded to kiss my hand. “Got it memorized?” He kissed MY frikken hand!!
“I’m guessing you already know my name...?” I said, struggling to control myself to not rip his face off.
“Of course I do. The whole Organization does.”
“We were busy, Axel.” Saix impatiently growled.
“Don’t worry, I’m just here to meet her.”
“Well you did. Now go.”
“I think I’m gonna hang around a little while longer.”
“Get lost, Axel.” Zexion hissed. Axel grimaced at Zexion.
“What if I don’t, Shrimp? You gonna read me a bedtime story?”
“How about I cut open your neck with Maxin’s scythe!?”
“What?!” I exclaimed.
“Like you could get it away from her! You fight with a friggen book!”
“Zexion!”
“Well, at least my name doesn’t sound like a famous ballerina!”
“Axel!?”
“At least I’m not an emo freak!”
“GUYS!!!”
“WHAT!?” They yelled in unison, both looking at me with enraged expressions.
“What scythe?”
“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you!” Saix yelled. “Axel. Leave. Now.”
“Aw, you’re no fun.” He pouted and walked further down the hall.
“Okay, Maxin,” Saix restarted. “You have a very unique weapon.” Axel showed up again.
“Shouldn’t Xigbar teach her, since he’s the master of weapons?” He asked. Saix sighed heavily and half-heartedly glared at Axel.
“I don’t know.” He grumbled, irritated.
“Or Marluxia, since he’s got a scythe, as well?” Axel continued.
“Who is this Marluxia guy?”
“Another nobody who wields a scythe.” Saix muttered.
“Yep!” Axel agreed.
“Now that you’ve stated your speech, can you go?” Saix whimpered.
“Alright, alright. I’m gone.” Axel disappeared again.
“Okay.” Saix re-restarted. “Ugh. We’re in the Zone of Interruptions. Follow me to the training arena.” He created a portal and walked through. Seeing that it stayed, Zexion walked through, also, with me following. We ended up in a large room with targets, dummies, weights, and other exercise equipment all over the place. Saix was standing next to a row of 3 targets. “These, Maxin, are your new best friends.” Then Zexion spoke up.
“You will spend a lot of time here. As you train, I will explain proper etiquette for around the castle. Aka- the dos and don’ts. It will take four to five days to prepare you, until you can actually go on missions. If I go on a mission during the next four or five days, I will have a replacement. Such as Xaldin, or Luxord, whom you will meet and acquaintance later.”
“Wow. That seems like a lot to take in.” I sighed.
“It will get worse. You will need to push yourself, and train as hard as possible. You will be in pain and you will ache. You will not have breaks during training, and eat only three meals a day at scheduled times. You will master both phases of your weapon, and you will grow stronger. You will follow rules and respect higher ranks, since you are the lowest. We are all free to punish you if you disrespect us or break our rules.” Zexion explained further.
“Gee, thanks for the comfort.”
“Tim to get started.” Saix interrupted. “I will only show you how to work your weapon and what you can do with it. That will take about... Let’s say... 5 minutes or less. Doubt it’ll be long.”
“Okay. Will this be extremely difficult?” I asked.
“No. But, after I’m done explaining the beginning of your training I’m leaving you to be independent. Zexion will just tell you what to do, when to do it, and watch over you. That’s not so bad, is it?”
“It sounds hard.”
“It’ll get better along the way.”
“Really?”
“Pfft, no. Now to get your weapon, hold out your right arm and watch the shadows form your weapon.” I did what he said and put my arm out beside me. As I did that, shadows spiraled off the ground bunching together and forming a key that had to scythe blades for teeth. “We call this a scytheblade, after Roxas’ weapon. You’ll meet him later, as well. Now for phase 2, hold it vertically up in the air and throw it upward. But, of course, catch it.”
“Okay.” I held it up and threw it, watching intently. As it came down I noticed its change. Instead if two smaller blades, this one had one huge, metal blade. “Whoa. This is cool. Now I look like the Grim Reaper girl style!”
“Yeah, sure, whatever.” Saix shrugged. “Now you can control the shadows around you. Meaning you can manipulate shadows to create clones, to devour people/things and send them to another place, bring you to another place, and to blend into other shadows yourself.”
“Sweet!”
“Schemer, come here.”
“Must you call me that?” Zexion sighed.
“Call you what? Saix, what’d you call him?”
“I just called him what his nickname is. Or what others call him. Everyone in the Organization has one.”
“But me.” I argued.
“Actually, no. You are the Shadow Keeper.” Zexion defended.
“Oh. Cool!”
“Anyway,” Saix interrupted. “Since you now know what you can do and how, mostly, to do it, I’m done here. Also, other members may come in to meet you or observe your abilities. Do not upset anyone unless you’d like to be obliterated into space.” He began to leave and walked passed me.
“Wait!” I stopped him. He turned around halfway and rose and eyebrow. “How do I change it back?”
“Easy. Throw it back in the air.” He then disappeared. As Axel reappeared.
“Hey, Reaper, glad you got your weapon.” He greeted.
“Same here. Now it’s time to use it. Ugh.”
“Don’t worry.” He walked closer to me. “It’ll probably get easier to use as you progress.” I smiled warmly at his reassurance. “Or not. What do I know?” He quickly disappeared. Along with my smile.