If I Fall Forever, Will You Be There To Catch Me?

Memories

Disclaimer number 6: I do not own Kingdom Hearts. I never will own Kingdom Hearts, and I do not plan on it. I am not making a profit from this story, and will not take credit for the characters ((other than Maxin/Nami)) or the game plot itself.
Also: If anyone has been wondering, Maxin’s name is pronounced like the actual name Maxine. Without the e. So, it’s just like that. Ma-ks-een. Maxin. Not Ma-ks-in. No. Bad word. Not right.
------
“If you aren’t sure, that’s fine.”
“No, it’s not that, Luxord. I’m just confused. Almost every voice I’ve heard, every person I’ve seen, and everywhere I’ve been today has been like de ja vu. I don’t know what it is.”
“How long have you been feeling this?”
“Since I saw Superior.”
“Has anything happened while you’ve been here that made you feel like you were missing something?”
“When I was training my clone skills, I called out a name. Riku. I didn’t know who he was, or how I knew his name and what he looked like, but I did know I was supposed to.”
“Interesting. Pick a word that you have thought, and yet don’t know the meaning to.”
“Umm... Keyblade.”
“That’s different. Maybe you forgot to open something. Or you forgot a key or something special to open.”
“Come to think of it, I have this locket. It might still be around my neck.” I looked down at the gold chain disappearing into my cloak. “It is!” I pulled the chain, taking out a small heart locket with Nami inscribed on the back. “Nami? Who’s that?”
“Let me see.” Luxord held out a hand, keeping his elbow on the table.
“Okay.” I unclipped it and placed it in his hand.
“Well, you have scytheblade right?”
“Yeah.”
“And it looks like a key right?”
“Yeah.”
“Open it.”
“Ye- What?”
“If it’s a magical shadow power key, open up the locket with shadows or the key itself.” He handed the locket back to me.
“I’ll try.” I set the locket on the table and stood up, moving a little further back from the necklace. Holding my key towards locket, I silently demanded for the necklace to open. It obeyed me.
“Hmm...”
“It worked!” I grabbed the locket and looked at the picture on the left. “There’s me!” Then the one on the right side. “Wait, who is this?” I showed Luxord the interior of the heart.
“That’s Namine. A girl we keep here. She’s been helping us out, a little, with heartless.”
“Oh. Why is she in my necklace?”
“I don’t know. Maybe you should ask Superior to see her and ask her.” He shrugged.
“Sounds good. Thank you so much, Luxord!” I teleported to the room I was in when I woke up. “Superior?”
“I’m over here, 14.” I followed his voice to another room. He was sitting at a desk with nothing on it. “What is the problem?”
“This.” I put the locket flat on his desk in front of him so he could see the two pictures inside.
“That’s you and Namine. What is wrong with that?”
“I don’t know who that is!”
“Right. I forgot. Right this way. I’ll let you speak with her.” He summoned a vortex and walked through. I grabbed the necklace and quickly followed.
When I reappeared I was in a cage like room. A girl who looked exactly like the one in the locket was sitting on the floor, drawing frantically.
“Namine.” Xemnas said. “You have a visitor.” He stepped aside so she could see me. And when she did, she dropped her crayons and pushed her crafts aside, running up to me. To my surprise, she hugged me.
“I’m so sorry.” She whispered.
“I will be back in ten minutes. Make it quick.” Xemnas ordered. He disappeared soon after.
“Why are you sorry?” I asked when she let go.
“Your memory being gone is my fault. You’ve been with them before and you were amongst the best fighters, but most of the higher ranks hated you because of your sarcasm, but it didn’t matter because you were friends with Axel, Demyx, and Zexion. And I was your best friend! I made that locket to hold our memories, but it didn’t work since you gained new ones on Destiny Islands since that’s where you were after you tried to escape and fell into the ocean. Now you don’t remember anything!” She gasped for air while she held a dreaded expression. I looked at her, confused, and blinked twice.
“What?”
“Okay, I’ll start from the beginning, slowly.” She took a deep breath and began. “Three years ago a girl named Nami, who held a great darkness in her heart, was turned into a heartless by the Organization. Thus, creating a nobody. Since her heart was abnormal, the nobody inherited this darkness and gained the body structure of a human. She also developed a personality. She wandered the streets of Traverse Town for almost a year; until the Organization found her again. She held the power to force dark elements to her will. Her weapon was originally a scythe, until the keyblade found a master with a pure heart.
“The purity had an effect on her dark heart and split her personality as well as the weapon. When she would wield the scythe she would be strong and determined to get the job done without unnecessary measures. But, when the scythe turned to its second phase, a scytheblade, that looks like a key due to the keyblade’s effect, she was evil, coldblooded and merciless. To that side, it was destroy or be destroyed.
“When she didn’t wield a weapon at all, she was kind, a little sadistic, and a lot sarcastic. Not everyone liked her, but not many hated her. She had a bad temper and was impatient. Most of all, she was misunderstood. She wanted to feel real things, to be a somebody. So, she exploited emotions. For this, some members accused her of a fake. Others knew what she felt like, and supported her anyway.
“Soon enough, she wanted to die. To escape the Organization and her nonexistent life. As a practical suicide attempt, she jumped off of the Castle that Never Was and fell into the ocean.
“I was ordered to erase her memories to keep her safe and to make her feel like a somebody. Soon she made friends and had a life on the islands. Although she kept wondering what her past was like and why she couldn’t remember, she loved her new life. A boy, named Riku, took a necklace she was wearing upon her arrival trying to learn more about her. In the end, two days before they were supposed to leave the islands and set sail for new worlds he gave it back. Even though she never knew, the conscious in the back of her head knew exactly what it was.
“I also gave her her somebody’s name, Nami. She honestly thought she was alive and could feel, hoping she’d remember something. But, after she got the locket, she had a dream that her friends were devoured by darkness, and that she was taken by a man in a black cloak. On the night before they were supposed leave, it came true. She was taken back to the Castle that Never Was, and I was to give her only her old memories back, so she’d forget Destiny Islands. I failed, resulting in her entire memory loss.
“Though she does have her name back, and she’s almost sure she’s been in the castle before, she still knows, deep her subconscious, about what happened during the year she was on Destiny Islands, Her name. . . Is Maxin. That girl. . . Is you.”
“...Wh-What?! In what way is that possible!? That’s... Absurd! You’re kidding me. I know I’ve never been in this castle before, and I know I’ve never met you or anyone else!”
“Are you sure, Maxin?”
“Yes!”
“Let me try that again. Are you sure you know that, Nami?”
“No.” I put my hand over my mouth, shocked at what I said.
“I’m sorry, but that’s what happened.” She looked down showing remorse for what she said. I sighed and accepted that it was all true. I actually do remember being here before.
“Thank you, Namine. I finally remember. Everything. Appearing in Traverse Town with Leonheart, Yuffie, Tifa, and Cid by my side. And you guys finding me and taking me away. My weapon, my skill, my life. It’s all back.” She looked up with hope.
“What about Destiny Islands?”
“What?”
“Good.”
“Wait a minute, though. Are you saying I can’t feel emotions? That a nobody is just extra power from a human turned heartless? Was all I thought then and now a lie? I’m not really alive, am I? I can’t fall in love, be sad, happy, or angry?”
“Well, you can think you feel.”
“I got it now!”
“What?”
“Emotions are a state of mind, not heart! I have a personality, I’m my own nobody! I can’t not have feelings!”
“Well, you aren’t actually feeling anything.” I grimaced.
“Well, shit.” Xemnas appeared next to me.
“Are you done?”
“Yes.” Namine answered. “We should hang out more, Maxin. Just like old times.” I nodded and slightly smiled. Xemnas disappeared and I did as well.
“Superior?” I walked back up to his desk.
“Hmm?”
“Do I have my own room here? Like to sleep and hang out in?”
“Yes. It is next to Larxene’s room and across from Marluxia’s.”
“Thank you.” I bowed and disappeared to another hallway. There Zexion walked up to me.
“Are you ready to restart training, before we go to rest.”
“I do not think that is necessary Zexion.”
“What do you mean?” I kept an emotionless expression.
“I do not need any further training.”
“Of course you do. You’ve barely mastered two techniques.”
“It’s not needed. I’ve... Remembered how to use my weapon clearly.”
“What?”
“I’m ready.”
“Fine. Fight me.” I summoned my scytheblade, and things went blank.
“Gladly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oi. This was difficult. I have to split my notebook chapter into different chapters because I made it too long in my notebook without realizing it. Oh well.