If I Fall Forever, Will You Be There To Catch Me?

Poetry

Disclaimer: *Currently ripping up paper*
---------

“I came in when you started arguing about being like me, then the genius Axel-”
Axel: “Thank you!”
“The genius Axel,” he continued with a growl, “came in from another vent, which I do not know why. Then we followed you to hear what you were saying.’”
“In a freakin vent?” I asked.
“What’s wrong with vents?”
“*Sigh* I don’t know. It just seems like an odd place to be when you’re trying to listen in on someone else’s conversation.”
“Oh well. Can I go now?”
“Fine. Leave. Whatever.” He shrugged, turned around, and left. “Hey, Demyx?”
“Yeah?”
“Do you know who Marluxia is?”
“Yeah. He’s the only other member who wields a scythe.”
“You know, I think he was the one who helped tear me off of Zexion and take my weapon.”
“Ha. That’s not a good first impression, huh?”
“I know.”
“How about we continue?”
“Oh right, right. It’s my turn right?”
“Nope.”
“But, you asked me my favorite color. Isn’t that the last one?”
“Nope. I have to ask you your least favorites now.”
“Damnit.” I muttered extremely low. “Okay. Hit me.”
“Alright. Least favorite color?”
“Pink.”
“Number?”
“What...? Um... 3.”
“Letter?”
“...I.”
“Object?”
“Um... Perfume.”
“Now it’s your turn.”
“Okay... Favorite food?”
“Jellybeans.”
“Animal?”
“Fish.”
“Drink?”
“Water.”
“There’s a shocker.” He glared at me.
“Hahaha, you don’t even know me.”
“You have no idea...” I mumbled.
“Huh? Zexion says you do that a lot.”
“Well, he must know everything, then, huh?”
Zexion: “Yep!” I growled and looked at the ceiling.
“Shut it!” I looked over at Demyx who had a cheesy grin. “What?”
“You two are like brother and sister.”
“Well, we did have the best times-” I stopped when I remembered he forgot. “I mean... Um...”
“Do you know what time it is?”
“What? No...”
“I think its’ time to rest.” I raised an eyebrow at him. “You know, sleep.”
“Oh. Wait. I don’t sleep.”
“The hell is wrong with you?!” He laughed. “Just try. I know you’re new here and all, but you’ll get used to it.”
“No, I seriously don’t sleep.”
“Sure... Well, don’t go lie down and don’t fall asleep. Kay?” He laughed and disappeared.
“I’m serious!” I hissed.
“Fourteen?” I turned around to an unfamiliar face. “You weren’t about to kill someone else were you?”
“No...” Then I remember who he was.
“That’s good.” He moved around a flower from a bouquet on a table near a window. “Then we’d have to stop you again.”
“That won’t be necessary, Marluxia.” He walked closer to me.
“So you do know who I am?”
“I’ve known all along.
“Really? How does someone so new know me already?”
“Uh... Well... I... lied?”
“Well, you had a pretty believable expression when you said it.”
“Um... Acting classes..?” I laughed. “Well, it’s late I think it’s time to go to sleep so-”
“I thought you didn’t sleep.”
“Don’t you...?”
“I guess.”
“Night then!” I quickly used shadows to take me to my room. I sighed and took off my cloak. Looking at the mirror in front of me, I smiled. I was skinnier then I remembered. And s lot fuller than I thought. I was wearing a black tank top, and black shorts. I kinda smelled like a beach.
Wait.
The hell!?
A beach!?
I brought part of my shirt up and smelled t. Yep. Just like sand. Like a movie in the back of my head, a flashback played.

--“Not funny, Nami!” Someone shouted. She was a girl with red hair and sand all over her.
“Not to you!” I stood in front of her laughing. A boy was sitting up on the sand, also half covered with it.
“Loosen up Kairi!” He laughed. His brown hair was being pushed against a breeze. His blue eyes sparkled and his smile beamed. Yet, they both looked unfamiliar.--
I snapped out of it and held my head. Trying to keep my balance, I leaned on my dresser. That’s when I noticed the reflection of a person on my bed behind me. Quickly, I turned around, holding a shadow up next to me.
The person laughed, stood up, and put his hood down. It was Xigbar. Thank God I remember him.
“Havin an episode, Max?” He laughed. I walked up to him.
“You remember?”
“Well, duh! How could I forget the one who helped me douse Axel with Sprite just to shut him up!?”
“You do remember! And the one time we replaced Saix’s soup with-”
“Dog food! Yeah! That was awesome!”
“Ahh, yeah.” I sighed. “Good times. Good times.”
“Now that you’re here, and remember, why’d you leave?”
“I... Left?” He raised an eyebrow at me.
“You don’t remember, eh, little dude? I’ll take it as a good thing.”
“Why are my memories screwed up?”
“Cause you were a suicidal nobody.” I grimaced.
“Shouldn’t you be asleep?”
“Ha, no. Lexeaus and I watch over the castle at night. Heartless tend to show up around here often.”
“Sweet.”
“In the beginning, when you first came, Axel, Demyx, and Zexion couldn’t stay away from you. Us older members thought there was romance in the air.”
“You thought they liked me in a romantic way?”
“You were the best of friends. You and Zexion were extremely close. Barely ever apart. You and Demyx always had so much fun, and never fought. But, you and Axel... Wow. You two would hug one moment, then try to decapitate each other the next. It was kind of funny.”
“It probably was. He doesn’t remember crap.”
“The best time was when we were all at the pool for some water training, and you got the most devious idea and pushed Axel in the water. Then you’d laugh at him. Then he’d throw a chakram at you. Then you’d reverse it with a shadow and hit him upside the head. Then you’d glare at each other as he got out. Then you’d both crack up and lean on each other for support. In front of everyone.”
“Haha, I remember that! And then Demyx soaked me.”
“It’s sad to see you guys so far apart.”
“It’s worse for me. I miss Zexion so much. And Axel is just a big flirty jerk right now.”
“Marluxia mentioned that you and Demyx were in the halls talking. Alone.”
“Yeah, so?”
“Maybe you two will regain your relationship sooner than you think you will.”
“Hopefully. I just really wish Zexion of all people remembered me.”
“Why?”
“Like you said, we were the closest. And I remember on every mission we were partnered up for, I had to take the hearts. He was just there to help guide me.”
“Ahaha, I bet. You know, Xaldin remembers you.” My reminiscing expression fell into an alarmed one.
“He does...?” I asked slowly.
“Yep. He also remembers you teasing him all the time. And the nicknames.
“Oh crap.” I sweatdropped. “Couldn’t the memories have stopped at you?”
“Unfortunately, no. But, on the brightside, Vexen likes you now. He used to wish you’d spontaneously explode.”
“That’s lovely. You know, I am still surprised he hasn’t killed Demyx with his jellybean tactics.”
“He almost did. But, our Silent Hero beat the toxic ones out of him.”
“Poor Dem-Dem.”
“You know, he hated it when you called him that.”
“I know.” I laughed. “I just didn’t care.”
“But, Demmy was the worst. His face would flush so bad when you’d hug and greet him like that.”
“That’s cute.”
“Luxord and I got a few of the other members, excluding your three best friends, to talk about who you’d be the best couple with.”
“Really? Why?”
“You don’t know how boring those stupid meetings are.”
“Got it. Well, tell me about each pairing.”
“Well, first was the obvious, Zexion. After a few scenarios we decided you two were too alike and close to be a couple. Besides it would be weird for us to have 2 emo kids dating.” My eye twitch at the comment.
“Screw you.” I growled.
“Don’t worry, Axel’s will make you laugh. Maybe. Sit down and I’ll tell you.” I shrugged and sat on my bed. Xigbar walked to a corner of my room and grabbed a chair, then dragged it to where I was sitting.
“I could have done that for you.”
“Well, it’s been a year since-” His eyes widened and he stopped talking. “Since you... Since... Since I asked you to move something for me. Yeah.”
“Mhm.”
“Anyway, another day we were talking about Axel’s mischievous behavior. We really haven’t thought of erasing someone in a while but-”
“Get on with it.” I snapped.
“Okay, fine. Pushy.” Great timing, another flashback.
-- “Pushy, Pushy.” A white haired boy muttered as I walked of a shack. He was the most familiar out of the 3 people I’ve seen. Yet, I still can’t say I know who he is.--
“Max? Maxin? Yoohoo, Max? Hello?” I shook my head and looked at him blankly.
“What?”
“What’s with you, dude? You keep spacin’ out on me.”
“Sorry. I think I’m reliving a dream in my conscious or something.”
“Anyway, we thought you and Axel were the best for each other since you already acted like a married couple. Then we thought how it would affect us.”
“And..?”
“It. Was. Hell.” I smirked and slowly nodded my head.
“Yeah. Of course it was.”
“And then, we paired you with Demyx.”
“So... What happened with that?”
“You guys were the best.”
“Why?” That shocked me. We were almost the exact opposite.
“You two always smiled and had fun. He looked at you like you were gold, dude. How couldn’t you see it? Some of the members were envious of your guys’ kind relationship and the memories you had the chance to share.”
“Yeah... I miss him so much.”
“I’m sure he’d miss you, too.”
“Honestly, I think Zexion almost remembers me. Like he’s on the brink of an epiphany.”
“You two were the closest members.”
“I heard you guys got a new recruit while I was gone. Someone who took my place as number 13. I don’t think I’ve met him yet.”
“Little Roxas? Really? Well, he’s been hanging around Axel lately. Probably since he got here.”
“Poor kid.” I said by habit/instinct.
“Nice one.”
“I know.” I smiled.
"You're a pretty odd kid y'know?" He smiled.
“Umm... Thanks? Hey, tell me about everything that happened while I was gone.”
“Oh, boy...”
>>Fast Forward: Two ½ Hours>>
“Really?! Was he hurt!?”
“Nope. Because I was running down the halls fending off the dusks as much as I could, until I found a dome of heartless surrounding a nobody’s body, which happened to be Saix’s. So, I used my ninja skills and gracefully shot them off of him.”
“Really?!”
“Yup. All alone.”
“Wow! Cause in Saix’s diary it says he had to save your ass from an armor heartless that was going to electrocute you!” I said that with a fascinated voice and expression. Then smirked at his grimace.
“Shadows?”
“Yup. My extra eyes and ears.”
“Thanks. Anyway,” he stood up, “I got to get going. Around this time heartless tend to randomly show up, and I’m the one who has to beat the shit out of them if they do.”
“Good luck.”
“Thanks. Well.... Larxene, Xemnas, Roxas, Demyx, Axel, Zexion, and you are going to be alone in the castle for a couple days. So have some fun. Mess around. Take some time to relax. At some point you should go to the pool. It’ll be fun.” He smiled waved and left.
“What to do... All alone for a few more hours... Oh!” I saw a book labeled ‘poetry’ on my nightstand. “What’s this?” I picked it up and began to flip through it. After reading a few of my depressing suicidal poems I had another flashback.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha. Wait until Next Time to find out what exciting flashback she has. Trust me, it won’t be one of the other flaky Destiny Island ones, either. Muahahaha!