I've Never Liked Thunderstorms.

1/1

“Thank you for coming! Have a great night, goodnight New York!” The (amazingly gorgeous) lead singer of my favorite band, My Chemical Romance, waved to the crowd, ending the concert. I sighed, happily.

“Bye, Gerard!” I whispered, even though he couldn’t hear me. I pulled out my cell phone, and texted my best friend, Bethany.

Concert is over. Please come pick me up.

She replied a few seconds later.

Okay, on my way.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket, and then waited for the crowd to clear so I could leave the stadium.

My name is Kate Timbers. I’m 19 years old. I had long blonde hair, but I dyed it black, and cut it to my chin. My bangs fall over my left eye, and both of my eyes were dark brown. I’m also a HUGE MCR fan. I was extremely happy when my sister got me tickets to the concert that was coming in town.

I looked around, and saw that most everyone had left. I stood up, and began following the stragglers outside.

As soon as I stepped outside, I cringed. The loud sound of thunder boomed, and lightning flashed in the background. Rain was pelting the poor people waiting outside the stadium.

Great, I’m one of those poor people waiting.

I stood near the side, where there was a little shelter from the raindrops furiously pounding the sidewalk.

It’s okay, I thought. Bethany will be here soon, and I’ll be out of the rain, and the-

BOOM CRASH!

I jumped a little at the loud noise the thunder made, yelping a little. A low chuckle came from the side of the building. I turned towards it.

“Scared?” I shook my head, shaking off rain droplets in the process.

“No. It’s just rain.” I said, more to myself than the stranger.

“You know, if it’s scary, you can just say so. I won’t laugh.” I looked over at them. It was obviously a guy, but the rain was making it difficult to see his face.

“You already did.” I pointed out. He laughed again.

“So I did. You’re sharp. I like that.” I blushed under the rain, and then mentally hit myself.

What are you doing? I thought. You don’t even know his name!

“So, what’s your name?” He asked, walking closer.

“Kate.” I answered, a bit timidly.

“Kate. I like that name.”

“Thanks…”

“So, do you come here often?” I laughed at the cheesy line, and he laughed with me, a gravelly laugh.

“No, actually. I just came here for the concert.” I said, feeling bolder than usual.

“Me too. You like the band?” I nodded.

“I love them. They’re my favorite.” He grinned.

“That’s cool.” I nodded, and then thunder crashed again. I jumped, and he chuckled, walking closer, wrapping his arms around me.

“It’s okay, don’t freak out. It’s just a noise.” He murmured. I couldn’t breathe. This man had his arms around me, and shockingly, I wasn’t afraid. I was comforted.

Lightning flashed, and I closed my eyes, wincing. He slowly began to rock me back and forth, and we stood there, not saying a word, until my phone buzzed.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, pulling away. I grabbed my phone and flipped it open.

Hey, I’m outside. Where are you?

Damn you, Bethany.

“I have to go, my ride’s here.” I said, looking down. He put two fingers under my chin, and looked me in the eyes. His were shockingly beautiful, and they looked very familiar.

“I don’t normally do this, but you seem…” He closed the distance between us, softly kissing my lips. I almost melted, but he held me up, wrapping an arm around my waist. He broke away when another male voice came out of the side door.

“Gee, let’s go!”

He growled, but then looked at me again.

“Bye, Kate.” He said softly, breaking away. He walked towards the other guys, and it was then that I realized just exactly who it was.

I just got a kiss from Gerard Way.

I couldn’t help the silly grin that formed on my kiss-swollen lips, or the way I practically skipped towards Bethany’s car.

The thunder crashed, but I didn’t care anymore.

From now on, I would always love thunderstorms.
♠ ♠ ♠
not the best I've written :/ hope you like it anyways!