Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Prologue

PROLOGUE

Everyone stared silently at the three people in the whole room who knew the truth; or as much as the truth that mattered. It really was a remarkable thing, the past eleven months that I had led on probably what the world could consider the biggest scam in the history of scams. Single-handedly, I had destroyed two people's undying trust in me, ruined my one chance at true love, and mentally and physically screwed up my life. It all started with a stupid lie, a lie that eventually got so big it was hard to hold on to what little remained of the truth.

Who was I to know, eleven months ago, that this would happen the minute I arrived back. Eleven months ago, I was carefree, innocent, energetic, and ready for the next level. And then he had stepped into my life so casually it was if God had planned this moment out for years, waiting patiently before it could happen.

In times of doubt, blame overtook my body, and I blamed the big man (or woman) him (her) self. God was the one responsible for the predicament I was currently in, and I had woven myself so deeply into it that I was struggling to get out. When it came time for me to beg for help to un-stick me from my problem, no one would come.

How I wished so badly that I could travel back in time to almost a year ago. I could have denied ever accepting the offer that was practically forced on me, and then this mess would never have arisen.

**

His hazel eyes glimmered at me; a combined mixture of sadness, disbelief, anger, frustration, and- was it possible?- hope, echoing through one of the most extraordinary set of pupils a human could ever lay sights on.

I gulped, the piercing stare of his determined eyes never leaving my own green ones. He was soaking wet, drenched to the bone, all his clothes matted with sweat, grim and rain, and he still looked like Ken, Barbie doll's perfect husband.

But my perfect husband...

But I couldn't, it was impossible. I could not give up what I already had for someone I had known seven months.

Licking my lips, I mentally cursed myself. If I had never spoken that one word to him, this whole mess wouldn't have ever started. But it was too late, and here I was, and here he was, patiently awaiting my answer.

As I gazed helplessly into his deviously attractive eyes, memories flashed across my vision. They flashed so fast and soon I was back at the beginning. His eyes were begging me to remember the story of one, unforgettable experience...
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment if you want (=