Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Dead!

That night, after dinner, I sat curled up in my bed, my laptop balanced carefully on my lap. I was in the middle of typing an email to Georgina, telling her how my first day of the tour was going, when a knock sounded at my door.

I growled. I hated when I was interrupted, and especially so late at night: It was nearly 11.
I pushed my laptop onto the blanket, than got out of the bed and walked over to the door. I looked through the peephole and saw Frank standing at my door, a toothbrush in hand.

Rolling my eyes, I opened the door and Frank grinned at me.

He was wearing a black wife beater and similarly shaded sweatpants. I looked at his arms, noticing the many tattoos inked into his skin.

“Sorry to disturb you.” He smiled shyly at me, “But Bob is taking too long in the bathroom, and in the other one Gerard is busy doing whatever.”

I stared at him as he continued, “So… uh, could I use your bathroom quickly?”

“Okay.” I stepped aside to let him in, and he immediately went into the bathroom, where I heard the tap run.

I closed the hotel door and walked over to my bed. I didn’t pick my laptop however, though. I had a really weird issue where it was hard for me to write personal emails when there were other people near me.

Five minutes later the bathroom door opened and Frank stepped out.

“Thanks.” He said, staring at me with a strange look on his face.

“Your welcome.”

“Goodnight.”

“Night.”

He smiled at me and then left, closing the door behind him quietly.

Dy,
I love you too. Things are going great here, but I wish I wasn’t so far from home and from you. One of our tour stops is in Odessa though, so I’ll see you there!
Miss you more, muah muah muah


**

“Sound crew, check in at audio points one and three.” I said importantly into the headset that hung in front of my mouth.

It was My Chemical Romance’s starting tour show. We were currently in Greensburg,

backstage at some venue. Last time I had checked, the place was packed.

“No, you guys need to go stand at the barrier.” I instructed a pair of security guards who were ambling around uselessly, “Remember, no drinking at this gig. You see anyone drinking; you pull them out and make sure they don’t come back.”

They nodded, and I directed them towards the front barrier protecting the stage.

“Lindsey!”

I turned to see Gerard running at me. He was dressed in a white patients outfit. If I hadn’t known this was part of the gig, I would have asked him why the hell he was dressed so stupidly for a concert.

“The gurney is all set up for the first-“

“Yes. And the confetti and the pyrotechnic fire, and the spotlights. Everything is ready.” I smiled encouragingly at him, and he sighed with relief.

“Thanks. Enjoy the show.” He flashed me a cute grin before disappearing towards where the sound tech guys were setting up the microphones, and double-checking the guitars tuning.

I looked down at my clipboard, running my finger down the list of things that needed to be done. I nodded with satisfaction that every to-do item was checked off.

“Alright boys.” I said, walking over to where the band was doing a last minute talk-through, “We’re starting in one minute. I’ll be watching from the sides the whole time, okay? If something goes wrong during the song, act like nothing happened. When the song ends, raise your hand and I’ll get someone out there to come help you if you need it.”

They all nodded, looking at me with slightly nervous expressions.

“You guys will be great.” I smiled at them.

“Ms. Winters? 30 seconds.” A sound technician called to me.

“Right, I almost forgot.” I jogged over to the mini fridge just off the stage. Opening it, I grabbed three cases of bottled water. I ripped the plastic off, and then placed two cases on the stand Bob’s drums were set up on, and the other on an amp.

“Good luck.” I mouthed, dashing off the stage not a second too late.

All of the band except Gerard backed away to the far end of the pitch-black stage. Gerard lay down on the gurney as the curtains opened and the fans screamed.

A beeping of a monitor sounded, and then Gerard began to sing, getting up from the gurney as the rest of the band kicked in, walking forwards slowly.

The fans shrieked their approval as Bob began drumming, and the guitars played louder. I watched from the side as Frank banged his head slowly in the air.

The song ended…but as soon as it faded out another catchy tune started, and Gerard launched into their second song.

I watched the whole band. Gerard was jogging around the stage, getting the fans all revved up and excited. Frank and Ray were both swinging their guitars fiercely. Bob slammed his drums with major force.

I grinned just as Frank turned and caught sight of me. He saw me smiling and, on the assumption that my smile was for him, quickly blew a kiss in my direction before turning back around and running towards Mikey.
♠ ♠ ♠
The plot thickens next chapter (;
please comment if you haven't already <3