Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Car Doors Slam

“And finally the games room!” Rat beamed as he led me into a room with a huge TV in it.

“Wow.” I said as Bob, Mikey, Gerard and Frank walked into the room.

“We mostly play Guitar Hero.” Ray continued, loading up the game and grabbing the two guitars you used to play, “You wanna try?”

“No thanks. I’d be so bad at this.” I denied the little guitar he was holding out to me, wondering in my head why men over the age of 25 were playing games like this.

But then again, their professions were to perform, and it’s not like they had any work to get done or reports to read during their down time. The only thing they really needed to do was write new songs.

Ray shrugged and gave the guitar to Bob who threw the strap over his shoulder and fingered the five coloured keys impatiently.

There was suddenly a knock on the door and I looked over, surprised when it opened and a woman stepped into the room. She looked around and when she spotted Mikey, she squealed and ran towards him. I watched with curiosity as Mikey stood up and wrapped his arms around her, whispering in her ear.

I looked around at the other guys. None of them seemed disturbed by this woman, but still, it was my duty as tour manager to make sure she was allowed to be backstage.

“Excuse me?” I walked over to where she and Mikey were still embracing, “Are-“

“Lindsey, don’t worry. This is my fiancé, Alicia Simmons.” Mikey chuckled at me, letting go of Alicia and turning her towards me.

Oh, I said in my head as I noticed the red VIP pass around Alicia’s neck.

“Nice to meet you.” She stuck out her hand and I shook it, surveying her.

She had black hair about as long as mine, and striking cheekbones. Dark makeup surrounded her eyes, bringing them out and making them sparkle.

“I’m Lindsey Winters.” I introduced myself, “My Chemical Romance’s tour manager.”

“Cool.” Alicia turned back to Mikey, planting a kiss on his cheek and making him smile cutely.

I bit the inside of my cheek, walking back to where the rest of the guys where. Bob and Ray were still engaged in an intense song in Guitar Hero, and Frank and Gerard were sitting on the couch to the side, watching them. I sat down beside Gerard, watching as Mikey and Alicia headed out the door.

I opened my mouth worriedly, wondering if Mikey would be back in time for the show, which was scheduled to start in three hours. Gerard noticed my expression and nudged me, “Don’t worry, Mikey’s responsible. He’ll be back way before we start, just give him some time to catch up with Alicia.”

I nodded, turning to stare at my fingernails. Mikey was engaged, just like I was. Except unlike me, he was able to prance around, freely exclaiming that fact. But because of one stupid thing I had said, I couldn’t do that.

I wondered absentmindedly if that’s what Dylan and I looked like to other people. A happy couple, completely in love with the other one that we only had eyes for each other. The second this thought ran through my head I began to miss Dylan immensely. While it was always fun being on tour and seeing new places, nothing could ever compare to being home with all my friends and, best of all, with him.

“Screw you Toro!” Bob suddenly said, throwing the guitar on the ground, “You always pick the songs I suck at.”

I laughed along with Gerard and Frank while Bob sulkily sit down beside me on the couch.

“I wouldn’t be laughing.” Bob rolled his eyes at the three of us, “Frank and Gee just suck, and you didn’t even want to play in the first place.”

“I’ll play.” I offered, raising my eyebrows and giving Bob a ‘hah!’ expression.

“Great! You can play one of our own songs.” Gerard brightened, picking the guitar up from the floor and scrolling down the list of songs.

“You have a song on Guitar Hero?” I asked, impressed.

Gerard nodded, clicking on a song titled Dead! and handing me the guitar after setting the level to easy.

I put my fingers on the keys as the four guys settled in to watch. The screen loaded and the song began to play. It was harder than I thought.

“Yellow! Red! Red!” Bob and Ray yelled at me as I nervously smashed the coloured keys with my fingers and pressed down the strum bar to no avail.

“Blue! Orange! Orange, yellow, blue, blue green, red, PURPLE!” Frank screamed at me.

I began to laugh, “Shut up, I’m on easy you idiot!” I breathed out through my laughs.

Frank laughed along with the rest of the guys, who all began calling out random colours to throw me off.

“Orange, white, pink, pink, brown!” Bob shouted at me.

“Seven, thirteen, blue, circle, triangle!” Frank called out.

A screen flashed up on the TV, telling me I had failed the song.

“Ugh, you guys!” I said angrily as they all laughed. Ray stood up and took the guitar from me, chuckling.

“You should’ve seen your face.” Gerard said in between laughs, “You looked like you were gonna explode.”

I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the couch, not noticing who I was sitting beside until Frank poked me in the side teasingly.

“Ah!” I twitched, nearly falling off the couch as the guys all laughed again.

Oh well, I thought, seeing the perfect opportunity to heed Gerard’s advice and treat Frank like dirt, here goes nothing

“Jesus Frank, stop. One, it’s not funny, and two, you’re annoying the crap out of me!” I said quickly, summoning enough anger into my voice to see a shocked look appear on Frank’s face.

“Uh, sorry?” He said quietly as the laughter suddenly stopped and everyone looked at me.

I just rolled my eyes at him and walked out of the room. Before the door shut behind me, I heard Bob say questioningly, “What’s the matter with her?”
♠ ♠ ♠
God, it was so hot outside today.. i'm literally cooking ):
After this part things get very interesting, just so ya know (=
hope the rest of your week is fantastic <3