Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Must Be The Chemistry

I was deep asleep, curled up in a ball on my bed while I dreamed about pleasant things. It was warm and comfortable under my blanket, and I wanted to stay asleep forever.

“LINDSEY!”

I shot awake, jerking up and staring around wide-eyed, unfortunately, the huge curtains over the window were shut, making the room almost impossible to see.

I heard Frank laughing hysterically and suddenly the curtains were parted, letting dazzling sunshine in through the window and causing me to raise a hand to cover my eyes.

“Oh,” I fell back agaisnt my pillows, “my God.”

Frank just continued to laugh. He grabbed the blankets from around my body and pulled them off of me.

“Wake up buttercup.” He said happily.

I slowly removed my hand from my eyes, letting them adjust to the sudden brightness of the room.

“You are such a pain in the neck.” I told him, stumbling out of bed, “What time is it?”

“6.” Frank beamed at me, his eyes twinkling with mischievousness.

I groaned, “We don't have to be up for another two hours.”

“I know, but I wanted to get you up nice and early.”

“For what?” I said irritably.

Frank just shrugged and sat down on his bed, turned the TV on and began watching the morning news.

I rolled my eyes and decided to take a shower since I was already up. The warm water felt good over my tired body, and twenty minutes later when I exited the bathtub, I felt refreshed and awake.

I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body, noting how short it was. Why did any hotel or motel have such short shower towels? They barely covered my ass for crying out loud.

It was then I realized all my clothes were out in the bedroom where Frank was, which meant I'd have to walk by him in this skimpy towel to get changed. I sighed deeply and
opened the bathroom door to stick my head out. Frank was sitting on the bed, still watching TV.

I stepped out and hurried past him to my suitcase so I could grab my clothes and get back to the bathroom before he got a proper look at me.

I grabbed my clothes and turned around quickly, almost losing my balance when I bumped into Frank, who was standing right behind me.

He stretched out his tattooed arms and took ahold of my plain ones, steadying me. I felt my face flush at his fingers on my bare skin, even if it was only my arms.

“You...” Frank looked at me, mesmerized, not letting go of my arms. His body was so close to mine. If either of us took one step forward, we would have been touching each other.

“You... you're so...” Frank looked deeply into my eyes with his amazing ones, making me feel that familiar sense of dizziness that his eyes caused.

“You're so... clean!” He exclaimed, cackling with amusement as he let his arms drop from mine.

My stomach clenched with anger at his immatureness. Then I felt guilty. Why was I acting like I expected Frank to like me? It was clear by the way he had been treating me the past days that he didn't. And I gladly returned the feeling.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself as Frank continued to chuckle. He took a step back from me and turned to walk into the bathroom.

He was just about to close the door when he stuck his head back out and grinned secretively at me.

“Told you that you couldn't ignore that kind of attraction.”

I honestly think I hated him.