Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

She's A Lady

It was as Ray, Mikey, Bob and I were walking to the beach that I realized how much I actually hated Frank. Never before had I met a person that irked me to the point of yelling and swearing at them. But I had had enough of Frank, and what he had done in the lobby had been my snapping point. I could only take so much, and Frank just showed me how much I could actually handle before I cracked.

Anger coursed through my body as the four of us neared the beach. It was a beautiful day out; the sun was shining and it was incredibly warm, but no matter how hard I tried to calm down, I couldn't. I kept thinking of when I decided to take this tour. It was unbelievable how much I regretted that decision now, and all because of one person.

Three weeks ago, when I first met the band and Frank, I never expected to have to deal with the problems I faced here. And the crazy part was that the problems had nothing to do with technicalities; no, they all had to with one person.

Just thinking of Frank made my stomach curl in anger, made my fists clench, made my heart beat faster. I didn't understand him at all. One second he's trying impossibly hard to get my attention, the next he's calling me a psycho and wants nothing to do with me.

I shook my head, trying to clear my furious thoughts. Maybe Frank was just bipolar. Or maybe he was doing some morning drinking and tomorrow he'd wake up and not remember a thing about what just happened in the lobby.

“Lindsey, does this spot look okay?”

I jumped, looking around to see Bob, Ray and Mikey standing a few feet behind me. They had stopped walking and put their towels down on the sand. I must have been so caught up in my anger at Frank that I didn't even realize we had arrived at the beach.

“Um, yeah it's fine.” I backtracked to where they were standing, dropping my purse on the soft sand and sitting down next to it.

The guys bustled around, straightening out their towels and kicking their shoes off. Ray placed down a cooler and opened it to reveal a mini stock of beers. I reached over and grabbed one, popping the lid off and tipping the liquid into my mouth.

“So, um, what happened with you and Frank?” Mikey asked timidly, biting his lip as he frowned at me.

“He just-” I sighed, taking another gulp of my beer, “He's just so immature and stupid.”

“Yeah, but two weeks ago Frank wouldn't shut up about you, and now suddenly he's calling you a psycho?” Bob spoke up, his eyebrows raised dubiously.

I just shrugged, “Whatever. I couldn't care less what he says about me.”

I saw the three guys exchange looks out of the corner of my eye. I ignored it, instead focusing on a couple that were sitting not to far away from us. They looked so happy, and I had a sudden pang of longing in my stomach. I missed Dylan so bad. If it weren't for this tour, I would be back home in Odessa, planning my wedding with him.

“Speak of the devil.” I heard Ray mutter.

I turned my head, rolling my eyes when I saw Frank and Gerard walking towards. Frank still looked moody, his hands stuffed in his shorts pockets. He was glowering at the ground.
“Hey.” Gerard reached us, sitting down beside me and reaching for a beer.

I nodded to him, turning my head away from Frank, who sat down beside Bob.

We sat in an awkward silence for three minutes. Finally, obviously unable to handle the uncomfortable air, Ray stood up.

“Okay, I'm gonna go swimming!” He said, his happy voice sounding forced, “Who's coming?”
All the guys stood up too, taking their shirts off and tossing them onto the towels.

“Lindsey?” Ray asked.

I looked at him, catching a glance of Frank as I did so. He was looking at me, anger and frustration evident in his face.

“Nope, I'll watch your stuff.” I said, grabbing my sunglasses and putting them on.

“Alright... um, we'll be back later.” Ray said, looking at Frank nervously.

I just waved my hand at them and soon they were gone, disappearing into the blue ocean water.
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, this part is late because I woke up super sick today & didn't get out of bed until 5 in the afternoon. Then I felt too sick and crappy to do anything but lay down, so I just now pushed myself to post this.
I'm fine now, just if you're wondering.
Secondly, I finally wrote out the ending to this story. Usually I do that when I first start a new story so I can change it later, and I just decided now the old ending wasn't as... interesting as the new one is. So looking forward to posting that eventually!
Thanks for commenting & have a good week <33

P.S. double-spacing now. Is it easier on your eyes? Let me know! <333