Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

A Glance Makes Me Weak

Coopers wasn’t necessarily far from the apartment Georgina and I lived in; only about 15 minutes away on bus.

By the time I walked into the parking lot, Dylan was already waiting for me. I smiled when I saw him, and he rushed over to me, engulfing me in a hug.

“Hi, love.” He greeted, letting go of me and interlacing his hand with mine.

I kissed his cheek in response, and we both walked into the air-conditioned grocery store. It was nice and relaxing in here, compared to the still humid air of late summer in Texas.

“Remind me what we’re doing here?” I asked Dylan as we walked towards the salad section of the store.

“Firstly, we’re buying lunch, I’m starving.” Dylan answered, pulling two green salads out for the both of us.

“You know, I don’t mind if you eat meat.” I told Dylan, for what felt like the millionth time, “As long as I don’t consume it, it’s fine.”

“No.” He said firmly, “I want this day to be perfect, even if it means eating like a rabbit.”

Unable to stop the grin from forming on my lips, I picked up a small container of potato salad for the two of us to share.

I waited patiently while Dylan paid for our lunch, my eyes never leaving his body.

As far as good-looking people go, Dylan was defiantly lucky in the genes department. His dark brown hair was short and a little bit curly; but that fact was hidden because of the faux hawk he always styled his hair in. His deep brown eyes were like two pools, always shimmering with happiness and laughter. Looking at Dylan laughing always made you want to smile to. His legs and arms were muscular; thanks to the many hours of soccer Dylan had played. And how the rest of his body looked, the stuff under his clothes . . . well that was even better.

“You alright?” Dylan asked me, having finished paying and now wandering over to me where I stood with a vacant expression.

“Oh, yeah.” I smiled gently, grabbing the shopping bag out of his hands and walking towards the exit.

“Great.” Dylan said, “So now, let’s go over to the park to eat.”

I nodded and we walked out the automatic doors into the blistering heat once again. Dylan’s hand snaked down to grab mine and I smiled at him.

**

“This is where we had our first kiss, remember?” Dylan asked, hours later, as we sat under a blooming tree.

“How could I forget?” I breathed, leaning my head back into Dylan’s chest so I could look up at him.

He smiled at me, flipping me over to capture my lips in a passionate kiss.

“I love you so much.” He told me, gently easing me back down so I was resting my head comfortably on his shoulder.

“I love you too.”

We stayed silent for a minute, watching as small children ran around the park all around us.
The sun was starting to set, and it emitted a picturesque pink and orange lighting directly in front of us. The sky above was a deep blue, not dark enough to be night, but yet not light enough to be day.

The air was warm and smelled sweetly of grass and summertime. It was one of those perfect summer sunsets.

I glanced around the park. As parks go it was pretty impressive. It was situated on the edge of a lake, where a sandy beach lay. There were playgrounds for children and small shops and restaurants along one end, mostly for tourists. Most special about this park, however, was probably the small stage that faced the beach and lake. It was used mainly for bands that were trying to get a lucky break to practice and perform on.

It was this particular stage that caught my eyes as I looked around the park. There were people on it, setting up microphones and a drum set. Two people were tuning guitars, and two others were setting amps up.

“Dylan?”

“Mm?”

“What’s going on down there?”

He looked up and a smile hit his face when he saw I was pointing towards the stage.

“I don’t know…” He said mysteriously, “Let’s go see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment if you like (=