Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Crush

“Hello friend.”

I looked up from my laptop and smiled at Frank. Ever since last night he had been one hundred percent kind to me- without any flirting. It was so much easier to be nice to Frank when he wasn't trying hard to get my attention.

“Wait, wait just a minute.” Bob glanced from me to Frank and back again, “Did I hear him call you friend?”

I chuckled as Bob's mouth dropped. Then he leaped up from the couch, “Gerard!” He called loudly, “Mikey! Ray! Frank and Lindsey are friends!”

Frank rolled his eyes and sat down next to me. “What're you working on?” He asked, leaning his head toward me so he could the screen of my laptop better.

“Just making sure I know where our next tour stops are.” I closed my laptop, “It's all band manager stuff- nothing you need to worry about.”

“How long are we into the tour now?” Frank asked.

“3 months, give or take a couple days.”

“And when we're in Odessa the tour is halfway done?”

I nodded and felt a surge of guilt through my veins thinking about Dylan. I was slowly working up the courage to tell Frank that I was actually engaged, and, if all went as planned, Frank would know before we entered my hometown.

“So, it's true then?” Gerard suddenly appeared, followed by Mikey, Ray, and Bob, “You guys are friends?”

I glanced at Frank, who was smiling secretively, and then we both nodded our heads yes.

“Damn, I thought this day would never come.” Ray raised his hands in relief and grinned at the two of us, “I'm glad you finally made up. Which reminds me, Mikey, you owe me ten bucks.”

“Shit, I thought you'd forget.” Mikey pouted jokingly at Ray and I laughed.

“What's going on?” I asked.

“We made bets on how long it would take for you guys to be friends again.” Ray explained to me as Mikey fished in his pocket for the money, “I said it would take two months, Mikey said it would take four. And since it's been a little more than two months since that fight, I am now ten dollars richer!” Ray stuck his hand out triumphantly as Mikey scowled and handed over the ten dollar bill.

“I'm glad you guys made up.” Gerard said, “Seriously, all of us were getting worried that you would hate each other for the whole tour.”

“Aw, she can't resist me.” Frank reached up and ruffled my hair. I glared at him.

“Frank, there's a line, and you're almost crossing it.” I told him sternly.

“I'm joking.” He told me, laughing, “You said I couldn't flirt, but you didn't say I couldn't joke flirt.”

“Like there's a difference.” I muttered.

He laughed again. The sound was sweet. “There totally is.”

I rolled my eyes but smiled at him anyways. Last night when we had agreed to set our differences aside we had talked for three hours, getting to know each other. It turned out that Frank and I had a lot more in common other than both being vegetarians. We both liked the same music (actually, I liked Frank's kind of music, but Frank couldn't stand most country, or the hip-hop, techno songs I also loved).

Frank had told me a little bit about his ex-girlfriends, and I pretended I knew how it felt to be dumped. From what Frank told me about his relationships, being broken up with sucked. I never had known this, my only boyfriend having been Dylan, and obviosuly we haven't ever broken up. True, we had our fights, but we always got over it within a short amount of time.

Frank told me about his first kiss (he was fifteen!) and I told him about mine. I gloated over the fact that I was fourteen, a whole year younger than he was when he first locked lips with another person.

He told me about his mom, and his dogs back home in New Jersey. I told him how I'd always wanted a dog but never had one. Frank said dogs were the best pets anyone could have, and I believed him. He told me how he was deathly afraid of spiders, and I laughed and laughed and tried to imagine him shrieking at the sight of a spider.

The whole time we talked, I understood more about Frank's personality. He was kind without being a suck-up. He was funny without crossing the line. He was empathetic, but not full of pity. He was a good guy, and I was just starting to finally see that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you're all having a good afternoon/morning/evening depending what time zone you're in!
Enjoy <3333