Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

That You And I...

“One more week and we're gonna be in Odessa!” Bob chanted happily.

“Okay, listen up.” I folded my hands patiently on my lap, leaning back into the chair I was sitting on. The guy were all around me, getting pumped up for their next show.

“One more we-e-e-e-k and we're in O-o-o-dessa!” Bob sang, now doing a little dance along with this statement.

“Come on, guys.” I said, now starting to get a little frustrated as the five men continued to laugh, shout, and- in Bob's case- sing and dance.

I narrowed my eyes and drummed my fingers on the arm of my chair, “Guys, seriously, I need to tell you-”

I was interrupted by a loud strumming sound, followed by a crash, and when I turned I saw Mikey, smashing a guitar onto the floor.

“What the hell?” I jumped up and hurried to his side, “What is your problem?”

Mikey looked up at me and grinned, then pulled out the headphones in his ears, “I'm just getting into the rock and roll spirit!” He flashed me a smile and then continued slamming the guitar into the floor.

“Okay, no.” I yanked the guitar from his hands and then turned to face the other four members of the band, who were now all dancing to Bob's Odessa song.

“Shut UP!” I screamed, “Shut up, shut up, shut up.”

They all stopped and stared at me and I took a deep breath.

“What has gotten into you all?” I asked, bewildered by their sudden raucous behaviour, “Did you all take crazy pills? Since when are you this hyper and awake?”

“We're just pumped for the show, Linds.” Frank said, tossing me a grin, “Can't we be excited?”

“Sure you can, but I need to talk to you right now, and I'd appreciate if I could do it without Mikey destroying a guitar and you guys breaking into song and dance!”

They all laughed loudly and I felt most of my impatience ebb away. I could never really be mad at these guys- no matter what ridiculous things they did.

“Okay, talk. We're listening.” Gerard said, politely sitting down on the floor.

I returned to my chair and began my speech on where we were going next, and what the plans would be.

“Okay, so over the next week we're going to be in Texas. After this show in Oklahoma we're going straight to Dallas, and then Austin. I'm going to be leaving you guys in Austin for two days while you play your shows so I can get a little more time with my friends in Odessa. But don't worry, I'll meet up with you again in Odessa to manage your shows there. We're staying in Odessa for two days, and then we're leaving for Roswell, in New Mexico. Any questions?”

“Do you have any hot friends?” Gerard wanted to know, “Cause I've been kind of... lacking in the loving department, if you know what I'm saying.”

He chuckled and I grimaced, “Yeah, we'll see. But now it's show time, so get your butts on stage!”

The guys thanked me and then walked on stage. As the now familiar chords to their first song started up, I couldn't help but smile. Everything seemed to be working out perfectly. I was looking forward to going back home, even if it was for a short couple days. I would be able to see all my friends, including Georgina and Andy, and best of all, I could introduce the guys to Dylan without ever having to tell them he was my fiancé. There was no way anything could go wrong.

Boy, was I ever wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww thank you all for the lovely comments! I love you guys & you are defiently my inspiration for updating everyday!
And if I mention your name in my author's note it's cause you rock! (= Seriously, your comments make me so so so happy!
Enjoy!!