Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Collide.

“How does it feel to be back in Texas?” Ray asked me the next day.

“Feels great.” I grinned. Even though we were still a bit aways from Odessa, it felt wonderful being back in my home state.

“Aw, look at her; such a bundle of joy and happiness.” Frank said, musing my hair and smiling at me.

“Shut up.” I said playfully, swatting his hand away, “I bet you feel the same way going home to New Jersey after a long tour.”

“Yeah, I do.” Frank nodded his head, “There's no place like home.”

“There's no place like home.” I agreed, turning to look at him and smiling. He was wearing a baggy shirt and cargo shorts, and his hair was messy, but still he looked cute.

He turned to look at me too, those hazel orbs of his gleaming at me stunningly, and I felt my heart skip a beat.

“What're you looking at me like that for?” He smirked, his head tilted to one side.

“Nothing, just admiring that huge zit on your forehead.”

His hand slapped to his forehead, “There is nothing there!”

I just laughed and he pouted, “Seriously, I haven't had acne since high school.”

“You mean since now.” I teased, loving how I could string him along.

“Shut up! Mikey!” Frank called, turning to face him as he walked into the lounge, “Is there anything on my forehead?” Frank removed his hand.

“You mean, besides that huge zit?”

“I hate you both.” Frank stuck his tongue out at me and I laughed along with Mikey.

**

Later that evening, after today's show, I sat in my hotel room, watching MTV's The Real World. There was a knock at my door and I called out, “Come in.”

Frank entered and I looked up at him, “I see you've taken care of that ugly pimple.”

He glared at me and I giggled.

“I checked in the mirror, there was nothing there.” He sat down on the edge of my bed and swatted jokingly at my legs.

I just shook my head and laughed, “Whatever you say, but I still-”

“Lindsey, I need to talk to you.” Frank interrupted, cracking his knuckles nervously.

“Okay.”

“Um, alright, there's no... easy way to say this, so I might as well just say it.”

“Might as well.” I raised my eyebrows at Frank, wondering why he was acting so weird.

“Okay, I know that you probably don't want to hear this, and it's totally okay if you say no,” Frank peered at me, his eyes wide with anxiety, “But, um...”

I muted the T.V. and gave my full attention to Frank. Whatever he needed to say, it seemed important.

“Ever since I met you... well you know how I acted. And the thing is... um... when we had that fight, I told you everything I did was a joke. But see, the thing is, it- it wasn't really a joke.” Frank looked at me and I felt my stomach clench, “I just said that because... well, I was defending myself. And now that we're friends and we're treating each other how we always should've, I've really gotten to know you. And- uh- I'm finding that I like knowing you.”

“I like knowing you too, Frank.” I said, my eyebrows furrowed as I wondered what the hell he was trying to say.

“No, but you like knowing me as a friend. And I... I like knowing you as... more than a friend. I really like you Lindsey.”

I felt my heart leap and my hands began to sweat. No, I thought desperately, please don't go where I think this is going, Frank.

“And I know we've only gotten to know each other a little bit, but I feel like I could know you so much better if you gave me the chance. And I don't know why I'm even telling you this, because normally I wouldn't bother taking the chance, seeing as what happened with Jamia. But Lindsey, I feel like you could really help me get over her.”

I began to get hot as Frank said all this to me. My brain was whizzing thoughts and reactions at me left, right and center. I had no idea what to say or do.

“So, what I'm trying to say is...” Frank broke off and looked at me deeply, “Lindsey, will you be my girlfriend?”

I blinked, trying to comprehend all that had just happened. My mouth opened to utter a resounding 'No!” but then I caught sight of the plee in Frank's face.

How could I say no to him, especially after he told me all about what happened between him and Jamia. If I said no, he would just be even more hurt, and who knows what he would do then.

But how could I say yes, knowing about Dylan. Wouldn't agreeing to be Frank's girlfriend officially make me a cheater? I didn't want to cheat on Dylan! I was in love with him!

“It's okay if you say no.” Frank said quickly, reading my expression, “I just wanted to let you know how I felt-”

“Um, no, Frank, it's just...” I racked my brain for something, anything, to say, “Can I think about it overnight and let you know in the morning?”

“Sure.” Frank looked slightly relieved that I hadn't shot him down. He got up to go, but before he had fully gotten up from my bed he did something unexpected.

It happened so quick I had no time to react. He bent down and quickly placed his lips over mine. It was a short kiss, just a peck, and then he was gone before I could even say anything.

I looked around, my mouth wide open, wondering what the heck I was supposed to do now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooo, part 39 that you've all been waiting for! If you like this part you're defiently going to like the next two parts as well (=
Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, and enjoying!! <33