Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Jealousy (Part 2)

“How did you and Frank get together exactly?” Jamia asked me once the show in L.A. had started.

We were both sitting awkwardly on a two-seater couch that was backstage. From here, we had a decent overlook of the stage. Once in awhile I saw Frank, playing his guitar so eagerly that I couldn't help but smile. Jamia must have noticed this, because she seemed to be in a foul mood as she questioned me.

“I'm sorry, but I really don't see how that's any of your business.” I told her.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw her shift her body so she could glare at me.

“It's my business because that is my ex, and I want to make sure that he's with someone who's good for him.” She retorted, crossing her arms angrily.

“You mean, unlike you?” I said back, “Because you were anything but good for him if you cheated on him. How could you even do that?”

Jamia opened her mouth to respond, but I rushed my words out before she could utter a sound. “How could you cheat on Frank?” I wanted to know, anger coursing through my veins, “He is the nicest, most caring and loving person in the world, and you went and ruined that.”

As I said it, I felt an uncomfortable twinge of guilt. I knew I had to break up with Frank, and it was slightly hypocritical of me to tell Jamia off for breaking his heart when I knew I would commit the same crime.

“Oh, please, spare me with your talk of how amazing Frank is.” Jamia said, rolling her eyes, “Has it ever occured to you that I had a good reason for cheating?”

I stared at her for a minute, my curiosity wondering what had happened in their relationship to make Jamia be unfaithful. Surely it could have been nothing Frank did, right?

I shoved away my curiosity and narrowed my eyes at her, “There is never a good reason to cheat on anybody.”

I stood up and walked away, fuming. I really couldn't believe the nerve Jamia had, first coming out here to California, and then talking to me about Frank as if she was the master of his emotions.

The show ended soon after, and Frank bounded over to meet me. Sweat drizzled down his face and his outfit was almost soaked through. His hair hung down over one eye and I brushed it away.

“Jamia is giving me a hard time.” I told him, and he laughed, which stung a little bit.

“What?” I asked crabbily, “Why are you laughing at me?”

He ruffled my hair, “You are so cute sometimes.”

I sighed as he walked away to go shower. The second he was gone Jamia appeared by my side.

“We're all going out to dinner together.” She told me, not bothering to conceal her smug smile.

We are not doing anything.” I said, wheeling around to face her.

“But Ray invited me.” She said innocently, chuckling darkly as I groaned with displeasure.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this update is late! I know it's no excuse, but I was busy all day with housework, and then I had a last minute call to hang out with some friends and I didn't get home til after midnight!
The next update will come early, as soon as I wake up! Thanks so much for reading!! <33