Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

I Told Myself I Won't Miss You

Georgina and I settled into a booth at the nearby Starbucks, coffees in our hands. I was nervous, fidgeting with the lid of my cup. Georgina was the exact opposite of me; she was waiting patiently for me to speak.

“I...” I broke off, not sure how to begin, “I think... I did something really stupid on the tour.”

I tried to continue, but the words were like glue in my throat. I didn't have any clue how I was going to explain what had happened on tour.

“Relax.” Georgina said gently, “Drink your coffee and let's talk about something else. Like the fact that you're getting married today!”

I paused in the notion of taking a sip from my cup. “Georgie.. let's talk about something else, okay?” I said, my voice struggling to get the words out.

She glanced warily at me, but didn't question my request.

“Okay.” She said, “Have any interesting dreams lately?”

I cringed, “Let's not talk about that either.”

“How about this weather!” Georgina said, and I laughed at her lame attempt at bringing up another topic.

“Yeah, it sucks.” I looked outside at the rainy streets of Odessa. It was early, so no one was really out.

“Rain on weddings is supposed to be bad luck.” Georgina commented, before turning to look at me in horror, “Oh! I'm so sorry... no wedding talk! Um... want to hear a joke?”

I chuckled softly, “It's okay.. I figure I should tell you now anyways.”

Georgina lowered her gaze to mine and reached across the table to grab my hands.

“Lindsey,” She said quietly, completely serious, “What happened on that tour?” Her voice was filled with concern as she stared sadly at me.

I sighed, brushing back my hair from my face and looking up at her. She was my best friend, and I knew she wouldn't judge me no matter what I said.

So I opened my mouth and began telling my story.

**

“So... you like Frank?” Georgina asked, half an hour later when I finally finished confessing about everythng that had gone on during the seven month tour.

“I...” I pressed the palms of my hands against my eyes, “I don't know. My heart is all confused.”

“Maybe you need to see Frank, and talk things out with him?” Georgina offered, “You haven't spoken to him in months. Maybe all you need is closure.”

“I don't think I should see him again.”

“What do you mean, again?”

I sighed once more and bit my lip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part 3 of 7.
Crap, I'm so sorry! When I decided what times I would be posting I completely forgot about the UK! It's like 8 in the evening there, and I feel terrible cause you guys won't finish reading this story until midnight!
Let me know in the comments if you want me to double-post again, so you finish at 11 instead!