Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Behind Those Hazel Eyes

“Hello, I’m Lindsey Winters. I believe there’s three rooms pre-booked for myself and My Chemical Romance?”

The man behind the desk nodded, quickly and efficiently handing me three key cards used to open the hotel doors.

“This way.” I called to the five members of My Chemical Romance, leading them to the elevator that lifted us to the fifth floor.

“Alright, we have three rooms. One is for me, the other two are for you. This is how it will work at all the hotels we stay at. Unless we need to drive at night, then we sleep in your tour bus. Decide who’s going to share a room with each other. Two of you in one room, three in the other. The room with three people is slightly bigger.” I spoke professionally, and then breathed and continued, “I’m in room 504. Your rooms are 505 and 506. Here are your card keys. Drop your suitcases off and meet me back in my room in five minutes.”

I turned and walked to room 504, inserting the card key and opening the door.

It was a small hotel room. There was one bed, a nightstand, a balcony that overlooked the parking lot, a TV, and an eating table all in one room. The other room consisted of the small bathroom.

I dropped my suitcase on the floor and thanked the taxi-van driver as he did the same.

Two minutes later, there was a knock at my door.

“It’s open.” I called, sitting on my bed as the five guys trooped in.

Now that the men were right in front of me, with their hoods pulled down, I could see them much better. The one named Gerard had short, white blond hair and high cheekbones.

Mikey was the one with the mousy brown hair that hung over his eyes. Even if I hadn’t known they were brothers beforehand, I would’ve guessed it by seeing them in person. They both had the same eyes and face shape.

Bob was the blond one with the bright blue eyes that radiated happiness. A silver ring glinted from his lip. I knew Ray was the one with a curly brown afro. That meant Frank was the one who had told me I didn’t talk much. I still couldn’t see his face that well, due to the fact that his hood was still up over his head and blocking his eyes. All I could see was a similar glint of metal in his lip not unlike Bob’s.

All five of them sat down; Ray and Mikey in the chairs at the eating table, Bob and Gerard on the floor, and Frank on the armchair in the corner of the room.

“Alright, so-“ I started.

“What’s your name?” Frank spoke from his seat.

“Lindsey Winters.”

Frank remained silent for a second, and then a smile hit his lips, “Pretty name.”

I nodded, continuing, “Rules are pretty simple. When we stay in hotels, our wake up time is at 7 AM. If we’re on the tour bus, you can request a wake up call, as long as it’s a good hour before what is needed to be done that day.”

“You must be back at the hotel before 3 AM. I don’t care what you do, as long as you’re here before then, then you can go get rip-roaring drunk for all I care. Unfortunately, loved ones are not allowed to tour with us, but they can see your shows and drive behind us when we travel. They must, however, make their own hotel accommodations.”

“Now, onto your first show. It’s in two days, and it’s in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. The total ride is about 6 hours, and we’re taking the tour bus. We leave tomorrow at noon.”

I finished my speech, glancing around the room at the faces of the men in front of me.

“What about meals?” Ray asked, “Do we need to eat them together, like with you, or can we ditch you?”

“I’m your tour manager, Ray, not your mother.” I told him, getting up and smoothing the wrinkles in my skirt, “As long as you’re back at the hotel or tour bus before 3 AM, you can do whatever.”

He nodded, looking slightly amused.

There was a small silence, and then-

“Well, I’m going to catch up on some much needed sleep.” Gerard said, getting up and yawning, “You coming guys?”

They muttered words of agreement, getting up as well and following Gerard out the door.
“Lindsey?”

I turned, surprised, to see Frank still in the room. His hood was still up. I dismissed the urge to yank it down.

Frank stood up, walking closer to me; I stood, stock-still, at the foot of the bed. Frank edged his way closer until he was right in front of me. He was short, but I was still an inch or two smaller.

My heart thudded as he smiled, showing off a set of white teeth.

“Yes, Mr. Iero?” I said, in a quieter voice than I anticipated.

“I’ll see you at dinner. We'll leave at 6.” He stepped back, walking casually towards the door, “You may not be my mother, but you’re still an important part of this tour.”

I nodded as he finally pulled his hood down.

But before I could get a proper look at the upper half of his face, he turned away again, closing the door gently behind him.

I blinked, recovering quickly. It was only five in the afternoon. I decided to take a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment <3