Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Are The Same.

Outside, it was still pouring rain. I ran down the street wildly, looking for Frank. I heard someone shout my name from the church, but I didn't turn back. I needed to find Frank.

“Frank!” I screamed, looking left and right as I ran down the street, “Frank!”

I ran, never stopping, continuing down streets until I suddenly reached the edge of the park where Dylan had first proposed. I could see a dark shape by the stage, and, excitement coursing through me, I sprinted towards it.

“Frank!” I cried as I drew closer to the shape.

Suddenly I stopped. It wasn't him. It was a old speaker someone had left out. My eyes filled with tears once again as I realized I had let Frank go. I was so close to having him, and now it was too late.

Tears rolled furiously down my cheeks as I walked towards the beach. The waves were splashing roughly agaisnt the sand. I collasped onto my knees and cried, feeling my heart break again and again everytime I thought about Frank.

How could I have been so stupid? How could I have ignored all the signs I knew were there? My heart knew, all along, that I loved Frank, but I was too afraid to do anything about it, because of Dylan. And now it was too late; I was too late. I had lost my chance of being with Frank.

“Lindsey?”

I turned my head so fast I felt a crink in my neck. But all the pain in the world could not stop me from seeing Frank, standing in the rain, four feet away from me. I clambered to my feet, not caring that wet sand was sticking to my expensive wedding dress.

“What are you doing out here?” I could hear the bitterness in his voice.

I stared at him, at his gorgeous face and mesmerizing eyes. My heart felt like an expanding balloon as I looked at him. I opened my mouth to say something, and felt my breath catch as I struggled to speak.

“I- I needed to see you.”

“Aren't you supposed to be getting married?” Frank spat, “Did you feel sorry for me, Lindsey? Is that why you're here? To tell me how sorry you are, and then leave and get married anyway? Because I don't need your pity. You broke my heart once already, and-”

“Frank!” I shouted, “Shut up. Just shut up.”

“Don't tell me to shut up!” He yelled, “Go back to your stupid wedding and get married to your stupid dream man!”

“Why do you think I'm standing here?” I yelled back at him, “Why would I leave my wedding, my wedding Frank, and come stand out in the rain and ruin my hair that took two hours to do, and ruin my dress that cost a fortune, and leave behind all my friends and family, not to mention my fiancé? Why do you think I'm doing all this?”

I had shouted him into silence, and I took advantage of his momentary speechlessness and continued to speak.

“Eleven months ago I met the most annoying person I have ever met in my life. He did so many things to upset me, and I knew I disliked him in a way I had never disliked anyone before.” I breathed out angrily, “And because of one slip of the tongue, I had to lie to this guy for months.”

“And you know what, despite all of that, all of the lies, and frustration, and jealousy I went through, something happened on that tour. I don't know what happened, okay, but... but everytime you look at me, I feel like I never want to look away. Everytime I hear your voice my heart skips a beat and it's like I'm a little school girl again.”

“So I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry about my lie. It was stupid, and thoughtless, and rude, and-”

Frank walked forwards and abruptly grabbed the back of my head with his hand and pressed his lips to mine. I felt my body instantly melt with his and I kissed him back, treasuring the feeling of his arms around me, and mine around him.

“And heartless.” He breathed, his eyes glancing up to meet with mine, “What you did was completely heartless.”

I stared at him, my heart beating twice as fast as normal.

“Shut up.” I tried to let go of him, but he was holding me tight, “Now because you were so insistent on it, I have a wedding to get back to. Plus I don't think Jamia would appreciate you kissing me.”

“Jamia is out of the picture. I broke up with her.” Frank said, “And don't you dare leave me again.”

I couldn't help but smile. And for once, it didn't feel forced and uncomfortable. It felt natural. It felt perfect. That was the moment when I knew I had done the right thing.

Frank bent down and kissed me with more passion and love than I have ever experienced in my life. I felt my knees give way and was thankful for Frank holding onto me. I ran my hands through his hair and down his face, trying as hard as I could to get closer to him; to bring our bodies closer, our lips closer.

I pulled my lips away from his and looked up at him, “I have one question.”

“What?” Frank asked, nuzzling my neck.

“How did you know today was my wedding?”

Frank grinned sheepishly at me, “Your friend- Georgina, is that her name?- called me and told me I better fly down here and try to win you back before you make a huge mistake.”

Shock filled my body with his words. Georgina had called Frank? Georgina thought that my marrying Dylan would be a huge mistake? And how on Earth did she know that I really wanted to be with Frank?

But then I realized that she was my best friend, and she knew me best. Of course she would do anything to see me happy. And she had done just that. I owed her, big time.

I dug my head into his chest and hugged him tightly, “I'm glad you came.”

Frank kissed the top of my head, “So am I.”

“Look, the sun.” I said simply, looking out across the water from the beach and seeing the sun begin to come out from behind the thick gray clouds. It was the first time the sun had come out in Odessa since I had gotten back here. To me, it felt like an omen, like now that it knew I was with Frank, it could shine again.

“Where do we go from here?” Frank asked me, pulling me away slightly so he could look down into my eyes.

My heart skipped a beat just meeting his gaze and I sighed, “I don't care... as long as it's with you.”

Frank smiled then, the first smile since I had seen him today. It was the same secretive one I was so used to seeing, and I felt my heart fill with joy knowing now what that secret smile meant.

“Frank?” I said quietly, looking up at his spell-binding face.

“What?”

“I love you.”

Frank kissed me again as the sun came out of the clouds fully. We stood on that beach, and I knew suddenly the difference between having someone, and not being able to live without someone. The difference between loving someone, and needing to love someone. And I knew the difference between falling for the one you thought you were meant to be with... and falling for the one you knew you were meant to be with.

And that difference was Frank.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww what a happy ending (=
Now it's time for my huge thank you's.
First of all, everyone who commented: MCR.LeATHERMOUTH.Xx, FayeIsLost, Flavour, SayGoodnight, LoveShadows18, Izzymonster, Leanimal, Squall Leonhart., jenstar15, ashleeinwonderland, Imagine..., hollicakes., bangxoopsxdead, XxGregKillsxX, sammysue1, Frankiesgirl7, Jasper., dreamerforever, InOverMyHead, Sincerely-Angela, and edward cullen roxs.
Also thanks to my silent readers (I know you're out there!) Without you guys I might have never had the inspiration to complete this story. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I love you all and thank you for reading and enjoying my story, not to mention commenting and all that jazz. <333

For info on what I'm going to be doing next, click here to go to my journal.

Once again, thank you all so much. I cannot express how amazing you guys are.
And now... for the last time...
Enjoy! <33