Your Guardian Angel

Chapter 1: Three Magic Words

His arms were wrapped around me, holding me close to him as if he wouldn't let go. Our bodies were moving slowly to the music. I wished we could stay like this forever, but I knew we couldn't.

I got lost in his beautiful eyes that were the softest of green. His blonde, shaggy hair crept around his eyes as if it were inferior. He smiled down at me, showing me his squeaky clean and white teeth. His smile always makes my heart soar.

Our faces moved closer and closer until our lips finally touched. Just being held and kissed by him filled my heart with joy and warmth.

When we pulled apart, he leaned in and whispered, "I love you," in my ear. I smiled and whispered, "I love you too." I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulders, listening closely to the sound of his heartbeat. With my other ear, I listened to his angelic voice softly singing the lyrics to the song that was playing.

There's somethin' 'bout the way
You look tonight
There's somethin' 'bout the way that
I can't take my eyes off you

There's somethin' 'bout the way your lips invite
Maybe it's the way that I get nervous when you're around

And I want you to be mine
And if you need a reason why

It's in the way that you move me
And the way that you tease me
The way that I want you tonight

It's the way that you hold me
And the way that you know me
And when I can't find the right words to say
You feel it in the way
Oh, feel it in the way

Somethin' 'bout how you stay on my mind
There's somethin' 'bout the way that
I whisper your name when I'm asleep, oh, girl
Maybe it's the look you get in your eyes
Oh, baby, it's the way that it makes me feel to see you smile
And the reasons they may change
But what I'm feelin' stays the same

In the way that you move me
And the way that you tease me
The way that I want you tonight (tonight)

It's in the way that you know me
And when I can't find the right words to say
You feel it in the way
Oh, feel it in the way

I can't put my fingers on just what it is that make me
Love you, you, baby
So don't ask me to describe
I get all choked up inside
Just thinkin' 'bout the way

It's in the way that (Oh) You move me
And the way that you tease me
The way that I want you tonight (tonight)

Oh (It's in the way that)
You hold me (the way you hold me, yeah)
And the way that
You know me (the way you know me)
When I can’t find the right words to say (Feel it in the)
It's in the way that you move me
And the way that you tease me (feeling')
The way-ay-ay-ay-ay (feel it in the way)

There's somethin' 'bout the way you look tonight
There's nothin' more to say than I feel it in the way


When the song was done, I couldn't help but wipe tears from my eyes. From somewhere inside me, I could feel that he was singing that song to me.

I looked around at my surroundings. This night could not be more beautiful. I heard the sound of waves crashing against the shore. The light in the gazebo was the only light we had. I felt the breeze blowing against my pale face. I shivered.

"Are you cold?" he asked me.
I nodded. "A little bit."
"Come with me."

He took my hand and led me back to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.
"You'll see," he said mischievously.

He took me back to his house and we sat in the living room and huddled by the warm fireplace. No one was home so everything is very peaceful. The beautifully decorated Christmas tree was glowing with sparkling light. The candles added extra atmosphere to the darkness of the room.

"I'll be right back," he said and then ran upstairs.

He returned in less than a minute with a small, wrapped box in his hand. I suddenly realized something.

"Oh no! I left my gift for you in the car by accident," I said, frustrated with myself.

He handed me the keys to his car. I quickly ran out to the car to get the present I had for him. A few minutes later, I returned and sat on his lap. He handed me my present and I handed him his. He opened his first.

"Wow! Oh my god! I can't believe you did this!" he exclaimed. "Thank you so much!" I had gotten him a baseball autographed by his favorite Yankees player, Derek Jeter.

He gave me a hug and a kiss. "I love you so much," he said.

"I love you too," I said.
"Your turn."

I opened my present with shaking hands. When I saw what it was, I covered my mouth and gasped in delight.

"I can't believe you did this!" I said, astounded and deeply touched.
"I would do anything for you. This gift doesn't even begin to explain the strong feelings I have for you."

What he gave me was a beautiful gold locket that had I love you inscribed on the front and Together Forever on the back. Inside the locket, there was a picture of us at our prom. He also gave me a T-shirt with another picture shaped like a heart of us on the beach together. Above the heart, it said Love and on the back, it has the lyrics to the song With All My Heart because that is the first slow song we ever danced to together.

"This is so wonderful," I said, tears coming to my eyes.
"Thank you so much!"
He smiled. "You're welcome. I wouldn't do it for anyone else."

I gave him a kiss.

"I don't deserve you," I said.
I don't deserve you either," he said, still smiling. He put his forehead up to mine and we just stared into each other's eyes, each smiling at the other.

Five minutes later-

"JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, YOUNG MAN?" His parents had returned home without us noticing. His mother was extremely angry to see that we were in the house alone.

"Oh, uh hi, Mom," he said nervously.
"I think I'll just be going now," I said uneasily. "I'm really sorry about this."
"That's okay," his mom said. "This isn't your fault; it's his. Merry Christmas, Sweetheart."
I smiled and said, "Merry Christmas to you too."

I walked outside and he followed.

"I'm really sorry about this," he said.
"Don't worry about it," I said. "I had the best time with you tonight. I feel so grateful to have been able to spend Christmas Eve with you. I love you so much."
"Ditto."

He walked me across the street to my silver Chrysler convertible. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight while giving me a soft kiss on the lips. At that moment, it started to snow. I looked up at the sky and smiled. I took both his hands in mine and we started to spin around until we couldn't anymore. We laughed until it became silent. He then pulled me into a tight hug.

"I love you," he said while smiling at me. "Merry Christmas."

I looked into his soft, green eyes, smiled, and grabbed his hand again. All of a sudden, we both saw lights coming toward us and he quickly pushed me out of the way. The last thing I remember is when he let go of my hand and I saw him collapse to the ground. Then, everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song I used is "The Way" by Clay Aiken. I wrote this story a few years ago, so parts of it may seem a little bit out-dated. Re-reading this, I now realize that this chapter can get a bit cheesy at times, so sorry for that. More to come!