Your Guardian Angel

Chapter 11: Shocking News

The next morning, I woke up to a whole bunch of loud voices. My family was usually like that in the mornings and it always drove me off the wall, but, this time, it was different. I had no idea what I was in for. I slowly got out of my warm, comfy bed and trudged downstairs to see what was going on. When my family saw that I was awake, they all fell silent.

“What’s wrong?” I asked fearfully.

“You might want to sit down,” Mom said, offering me a seat beside her.

“Uh oh,” I said, taking the seat. “What’s happening?”

Everyone around me looked at each other, at a loss for what to say.

“Will someone please just tell me what is going on?” I said angrily.

My dad looked at my mom expectantly. She sighed.

“All right, I guess I should be the one to tell you this,” she said.

“Tell me what?” I asked.

“We-we have to move,” Mom said slowly.

“Why? This house is big enough for all of us.”

“You’re not getting it. We have to move to Florida. Your father and I just got transported there for our jobs. We have no choice. We have to be out of here in one week.”

“But…no,” I said softly. “This place is my home. I can’t just leave it all behind! What about my friends? What about Jesse? What am I going to do?” I felt warm liquid spilling down my cheeks.

My family just looked at me with blank stares on their faces, each completely at a loss for what to do or say. Without saying another word, I ran up to my room and cried. There was no way that I was leaving; they couldn’t make me leave. I would find some way to escape; I just had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such a short chapter, but I felt like this news needed to have its own chapter alone.